Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Best place to do a Iphone upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lkonkel  OFFLINE  

lkonkel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 27, 2019 - 7:24 pm

With Walmart, Best Buy and Verizon (online only ad)...what is the best place to get a iphone as upgrade and NOT a new activation with verizon?  I'm trying to read fine print, but hard when it looks like most are req. a new line activation?? 

#2 hokie7373  OFFLINE  

hokie7373

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 Posts
  • Member since 2015

Posted Nov 27, 2019 - 7:28 pm

All the deals I have seen so far require a new line. They're giving you the deep discount or free phone because they're getting your line fee each month which is more than the monthly phone fee in most cases

#3 chartse1  OFFLINE  

chartse1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 169 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 27, 2019 - 8:24 pm

I always upgrade during Sam's Club one day sale that was November 9th this year. They allow you to upgrade an iphone and give you a large amount gift card in return. It is the best thing I have found.

#4 lkonkel  OFFLINE  

lkonkel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 27, 2019 - 8:42 pm

I did a Verizon online chat...I was able to upgrade to a Iphone Xs (better then my old 6) for $400 off and a waived activation fee. I'm picking up in store and there are deals for screen protectors, chargers and cases also that I can get when I pick up. Plus get a little bit more off if/when I trade in. 

#5 hokie7373  OFFLINE  

hokie7373

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56 Posts
  • Member since 2015

Posted Nov 27, 2019 - 8:44 pm

Whatever "deal" they have for screen protectors and cases you can always get cheaper on amazon for the same quality

#6 sas377  OFFLINE  

sas377

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 744 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 28, 2019 - 5:52 am

I always upgrade during Sam's Club one day sale that was November 9th this year. They allow you to upgrade an iphone and give you a large amount gift card in return. It is the best thing I have found.

Yes!!! I’m there most years just for a new phone for one of us. And my dh always calls ATT and sweet talks them into crediting back the upgrade fee. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users