Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

What’s on YOUR holiday wishlist this year?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 AudreyNicole  OFFLINE  

AudreyNicole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 448 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 21, 2019 - 12:51 pm

My list is small this year... and I’m getting complaints it’s not “beefy” enough... looking for more ideas...

All I have on there is:

Art supplies
Nail polish
Starbucks gift cards

How about you?
:hearthrob Audrey SAHM to Logan (17) and Joshua (16)

#2 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 21, 2019 - 4:05 pm

I am looking for a new Career......If Santa can do that and increase the pay as well I will be ALL SMILES

#3 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 1,842 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 21, 2019 - 4:14 pm

I dont have much on my list either. I struggled to think of something to tell my mom, and I still haven't told her anything for husband and 2 boys.
What I asked her for was a 8qt LeCreuset stockpot, and some hello kitty car mats.

I am looking for a new Career......If Santa can do that and increase the pay as well I will be ALL SMILES

I'm with you on this one! Or at least maybe just a new job.

Hope you find something.

#4 budgetsRsexy  OFFLINE  

budgetsRsexy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Nov 21, 2019 - 5:27 pm

I’m having to become very selective about what I bring into the house. My husband’s dream is to live in an RV full time when we retire, and even though that is a long way off it has made me really look differently at possessions. It seems silly to collect more stuff to only have to get rid of it in a couple years. I’m focusing on things that bring me closer to those that I love, like board games for time together with friends/family and interactive dog toys for time with my pup. No matter where I live these kinds of items will always have a place in my life and home.

Other than games and dog puzzle toys, I’ve asked for some craft items. We don’t do a ton of gifts in my family anyway so hopefully I won’t have to come up with more ideas.

#5 colemandawn4905  OFFLINE  

colemandawn4905

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 181 Posts
  • Member since 2015

Posted Nov 21, 2019 - 7:48 pm

I really don’t have much. We are all on a budget as I’m missing work right now because my husband is in the hospital with an infection in his foot. Surgery tomorrow to remove a toe at the least maybe more
Depending on how bad the infection is. I did tell the kids a few cheaper things like

Bath n body works candles
New purse and wallet
Some new throw pillows
Gift cards for Starbucks or Applebee’s

*** Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow***

#6 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 55,619 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 22, 2019 - 3:41 am

Hoping for an infrared blanket, some essential oils and maybe some paint and wallpaper - as I am getting read to redo our hallways and our master bedroom and bathroom, and perhaps some k-cups. :)

“The more I know about people, the more I love my dog.” ~ Mark Twain.

#7 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 22, 2019 - 6:22 am

I really don’t have much. We are all on a budget as I’m missing work right now because my husband is in the hospital with an infection in his foot. Surgery tomorrow to remove a toe at the least maybe more
Depending on how bad the infection is. I did tell the kids a few cheaper things like

Bath n body works candles
New purse and wallet
Some new throw pillows
Gift cards for Starbucks or Applebee’s

Sending prayers for your hubby today... That's rough. 

On a pretty strict budget myself this year, so high on my list is GCs to places like Meijer and Target to help my dollars stretch a little farther while I work through this tight spot.

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#8 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• 1,104 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Nov 22, 2019 - 6:59 am

Not much for me either this year.  I Marie Kondo'd my house over this year so I'm trying really hard not to replace all the mess I no longer have so I asked Santa for mainly gift cards and a specific pair of Skechers shoes.  I'm sure there will other surprises but this is all I asked for.  

#9 giz  OFFLINE  

giz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Nov 22, 2019 - 7:57 am

Not much for me either this year. I Marie Kondo'd my house over this year so I'm trying really hard not to replace all the mess I no longer have so I asked Santa for mainly gift cards and a specific pair of Skechers shoes. I'm sure there will other surprises but this is all I asked for.

I'm envious of your Marie Kondoness . My motivation to get started is overtaken by my lack of energy.

#10 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• 1,104 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Nov 22, 2019 - 10:25 am

I'm envious of your Marie Kondoness . My motivation to get started is overtaken by my lack of energy.

to be honest I don't think I went as deep into the house as her book instructs but the amount of stuff I did cart off was unreal.  It felt good when I first started but after a few weeks (obviously had to do it over weekends) I got weary and stopped.  I got rid of a lot of home décor stuff and things from my childhood that I couldn't even come up with a reason why I kept them in the first place.  Carted a massive amount of books to the library for their sale.  Unloaded a lot of stuff at a garage sale this summer too.  I look around the house and I still have to much stuff so Marie probably wouldn't approve!  :)

#11 Megara211  OFFLINE  

Megara211

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 Posts
  • Member since 2014

Posted Nov 22, 2019 - 2:51 pm

I'm the same. Years past I'd have a 3 page list (with pictures) for my family to pick from.
This year I can barely come up with anything. I actually told my dad, socks. His response was to laugh.
But I don't really need anything, plus I'm in the process of clearing out stuff I don't use or need.

So for me...
Socks
Slippers
CVS gift card
Starbucks gift card
Mugs with lids
Old navy gift card

#12 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,650 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 23, 2019 - 11:26 am

Other than my first post, I did not want to much or anything.

Family Time

Stand Mixer  ( bought it for myself already - its blue- LOL ) 

Family Time

New study Bible and Commentary 

Family Time

That sums it about up. 

#13 Coastiwife  OFFLINE  

Coastiwife

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 76 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Nov 23, 2019 - 4:21 pm

I’m getting a new iPad because mine won’t hold a charge. I really just wanted pajamas,slippers and the newest Janet evanovich book. The best gift though is having all my kids home from college

#14 abentley  OFFLINE  

abentley

• 1,874 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 23, 2019 - 4:40 pm

Williams Sonoma exclusive edition kitchenaid. 

#15 avsfan  OFFLINE  

avsfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 26, 2019 - 7:05 pm

We don't exchange gifts, but DH and I go shopping for things we want on Thanksgiving/Black Friday. This year I'll be buying my usual sheets from WalMart. Looking for a new electric griddle, wool socks, and maybe a little car vacuum. OMG! Looking at my list, I think I've turned into my mom! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users