Kohl's Online Black Friday Sale Discussion Thread

Brad

I've never ordered anything from Kohls online BF.  I am thinking about getting the Instant Pot Duo Nova (not a doorbuster).  Are they bad about cancelling your order?  There is no way I can get there for opening because I always go to Walmart in our town first and then head to other stores.  

I've not ever had anything cancelled from Kohl's.

Their sale starts early on Monday, so I'd be sure to jump on and grab it Monday. I have seen that they sometimes do replenish stock during the week so keep checking if they are out. You also can choose store pickup when you order early in the week.

A couple years ago my store was sold out or very slim picking on a lot of popular items, even at store opening on Thursday. The manager told me that people had been doing store pickups all week.

• Like 2

I miss the $20.00 comforters they had last year.....

Looks like this cheapest will be $33.00.....for the same print and size...

With the obligatory throw purchase every year, I always bought one of those comforters also! My daughter and her friends love them when they have sleepovers, there is one on her bed and one on the guest bedroom bed, 2 in the linen closet.... lol

I miss the $20.00 comforters they had last year.....

Looks like this cheapest will be $33.00.....for the same print and size...

The $19.99 comforters are still in the ad this year. And if I remember, they used to always be a doorbuster, and this year they are not, so bonus.

• Like 1

I've not ever had anything cancelled from Kohl's.

Their sale starts early on Monday, so I'd be sure to jump on and grab it Monday. I have seen that they sometimes do replenish stock during the week so keep checking if they are out. You also can choose store pickup when you order early in the week.

A couple years ago my store was sold out or very slim picking on a lot of popular items, even at store opening on Thursday. The manager told me that people had been doing store pickups all week.

Thank you.  I will definitely try to grab them early Monday.  Does it usually start at midnight or is it a little later than that?

Thank you. I will definitely try to grab them early Monday. Does it usually start at midnight or is it a little later than that?

Kohls starts at midnight Central, so 1AM ET.

Also, I didnt mention, but items listed as a doorbuster doesn't start until Thursday, same time.

(Edit: I didnt mention it, because you had specifically said it wasn't a doorbuster!)

Good luck!

Edited by bluebear
  • Like 1

Xbox One - Seems like they have the best deal on the console with the Kohl’s Cash. I’ve never been to Kohl’s at opening in BF. Door busters are not available online, correct? Do they put their merchandise I random spots like Walmart does? Just wondering how you find it and odds of grabbing one of these.

Xbox One - Seems like they have the best deal on the console with the Kohl’s Cash. I’ve never been to Kohl’s at opening in BF. Door busters are not available online, correct? Do they put their merchandise I random spots like Walmart does? Just wondering how you find it and odds of grabbing one of these.

Doorbusters are indeed available online. They start Thursday at midnight, CT. So you still have time to try before the store opens, and know if you need to go to the store.

I've been to Kohls right after opening before, and always see people walking out with a gaming console a few minutes after opening, so I'm sure they are easy to find and the store associates would point you to them, especially if you are in the front of the line, like I imagine these folks are. I've seem them as well, about 30 minutes at least after opening, and it seems like in my store they were by customer service/electronics area.

I think if you prepare and start early, either online or in store, you should have a good chance of getting one. Good luck!

I will warn now not sure if this is in every item or just the throws but they are very bad about canceling the throws.

I've never had one be cancelled, but they do sell out a lot. I'm really bad about lollygagging all day Monday and not placing my order until later in the day, and I have had them sell out before I order them. So if you have a favorite or a must have, get it early. (Says the person who has already purchased 10 throws this year since September! Some of which never even made it to November, so I was happy I got them so early.)

This year, for the first time, I took off work tomorrow, so I plan to stay up and order at the sale start. But probably not any throws, because I think I have them all. :)

Does everyone know that Kohl's has a shopping list feature?

I use the GD shopping list as a starting guide to the list of deals. Then on Kohl's site, choose my color and size, and add it to my BF 2019 List. Then, when the sale starts, all I have to do is run through my list and click the Add to Cart button. No browsing or picking out sizes and colors. Plus, it's a good way to eyeball when prices change. It was useful during the last couple weeks when they'd have preview sales, you could easily see what changed price for the day.

• Like 1

Okay y’all so here’s a few questions...

I should be okay to get the throws and other items if I order around 5:30 am ET, yeah? I can’t really stay up for the sale start because I teach high school and wake up at 5:30 am anyway.

Second, if I load my cart now, will it update with the correct prices once the sale starts?? That way I can just order when I wake up?

It's finally Thanksgiving week...I already got my throws when they had the one day sale so I might skip the Monday start and wait to see if I need another throw or comforter after I've done all my other shopping...

I bought one for my work white elephant. DD just decided that since she has more friends to buy for MOMs Black Friday stuff isn’t so crazy. Hahahahaha. I now have to get 6 more throws. Omg [emoji38]

• Like 1

I've never had one be cancelled, but they do sell out a lot. I'm really bad about lollygagging all day Monday and not placing my order until later in the day, and I have had them sell out before I order them. So if you have a favorite or a must have, get it early. (Says the person who has already purchased 10 throws this year since September! Some of which never even made it to November, so I was happy I got them so early.)

This year, for the first time, I took off work tomorrow, so I plan to stay up and order at the sale start. But probably not any throws, because I think I have them all. :)

it’s always when i do store pickup so may be why.

it’s always when i do store pickup so may be why.

Oh. Yeah, could be. I'm too lazy to go down to my store (plus the area has SO. Much. Traffic.) So I always have them shipped. Seems that I have had something cancelled by my store before, guess things can be in people's hands for a while before they check out. Or is misplaced in the store.

Okay y’all so here’s a few questions...

I should be okay to get the throws and other items if I order around 5:30 am ET, yeah? I can’t really stay up for the sale start because I teach high school and wake up at 5:30 am anyway.

Second, if I load my cart now, will it update with the correct prices once the sale starts?? That way I can just order when I wake up?

You should be fine on getting throws then. They have about 40 different designs, so that's a lot! I would determine a backup design in case your favorite sells out, but for only 4 hours, you'll probably be fine.

I don't usually load my cart up, so I'm not sure if that works. But I do get my shopping list ready with all my choices, including backups. Then when I'm ready to order I just run through the list clicking Add to cart. It's fast and easy. So you may want to have the list ready in case.

You should be fine on getting throws then. They have about 40 different designs, so that's a lot! I would determine a backup design in case your favorite sells out, but for only 4 hours, you'll probably be fine.

I don't usually load my cart up, so I'm not sure if that works. But I do get my shopping list ready with all my choices, including backups. Then when I'm ready to order I just run through the list clicking Add to cart. It's fast and easy. So you may want to have the list ready in case.

Thanks so much! Makes me feel a lot better. I did find the list feature and have most everything ready to go. [emoji4]

• Like 1

Thanks so much! Makes me feel a lot better. I did find the list feature and have most everything ready to go. [emoji4]

Their list feature is amazing. I also add doorbusters, and other things that I'm not sure will be on sale or not. Then I can just check there to see prices.

I’m not going to last until it starts (I’m on the east coast and have to work tomorrow), but will put in my order first thing when I wake up tomorrow. Please post any codes that are working throughout the night, I find that super helpful each year! Thanks and good luck shopping tonight!
  • Like 1

Where do you find/activate the list feature on the website?

It's in a couple places. Probably the easiest place is down at the bottom of the Kohls website, under the Shop Kohls heading, it says My Lists. From there you can create a list of view your list.

I use the Gotta Deal list to link directly to the item on the Kohl's website. Then when you are on the item page, there is a button that says Add to List, then you choose which list to add it to.

Hope this helps!