Camping out for the deals

jaymacfla

Now that all of the major ads have been released, what is your game plan? Do you camp or is that a thing of the past? Did product saturation strike and leave you feeling numb like you already have anything and everything? Do you consider camping out a physical thing(tents, supplies, etc) or merely lining up extra early? What time and where do you plan to line up? Lets discuss our plans!

Deals arent good enough to camp out IMO. Compared to years past, it seems the "deals" have either gone down or have been spread out. In other words there is no specific day or two for BF deals...more like a season. Im thinking camping out will be a thing of the past and may already be.

Im strickly online shopping this year. 

• Like 2

Deals arent good enough to camp out IMO. Compared to years past, it seems the "deals" have either gone down or have been spread out. In other words there is no specific day or two for BF deals...more like a season. Im thinking camping out will be a thing of the past and may already be.

Im strickly online shopping this year. 

Well, I disagree...a lot.  Browse the TV deals.  $750 for a Samsung 75" 4K tv is not good enough?  Look at the computer bargains.  HP 17.3" Laptop Core i5, 8GB, 256GB for $400 isn't good enough?  Echo Shows are $50 at Kohls plus you get $15 in Kohls Cash.  The problem is not that the deals are not good.  The problem is that the deals are not RARE.  If you don't get it BF, check in Cyber Monday or Prime Days.  Or check online.  I bought a PC last week and a NuWave Primo Convection Oven with Grill Plate & Temperature Probe this morning (which is the real reason I will be stopping into Kohls on BF).  Plus we are not as hungry as we once were.  I might be in line for that Samsung TV if I didn't already have a 60" plasma in the living room.  I'm full.

• Like 1

I have never done a multi day camp out with a tent and I feel like it’s something I see less and less of over the years. The longest I have stood in line waiting for the doors to open was just a couple of hours and with the introduction of online shopping I no longer need to do that either. Maybe I will go back to needing to stand in line for a must have item once my niece is older but at this point no one in my family needs a big ticket item (there are only so many TVs and kitchen appliances a person can use/needs).

I don’t go shopping until Friday, usually around 5am, but I will start at Kohl’s. After that I’m not sure of my plans as I’m still waiting for a couple of ads to come out.

• Like 2

Camping out depends on where you live also to some extent.  I used to live in Tennessee, and I've seen people camping out maybe two times. Now that I live in Southern California, there are way more people here, so I've seen multiple people camped out every year, especially at Best Buy.  My plans this year are to be hit up Walmart first, then Target, and maybe Best Buy the next morning before they open.

Well, I disagree...a lot.  Browse the TV deals.  $750 for a Samsung 75" 4K tv is not good enough?  Look at the computer bargains.  HP 17.3" Laptop Core i5, 8GB, 256GB for $400 isn't good enough?  Echo Shows are $50 at Kohls plus you get $15 in Kohls Cash.  The problem is not that the deals are not good.  The problem is that the deals are not RARE.  If you don't get it BF, check in Cyber Monday or Prime Days.  Or check online.  I bought a PC last week and a NuWave Primo Convection Oven with Grill Plate & Temperature Probe this morning (which is the real reason I will be stopping into Kohls on BF).  Plus we are not as hungry as we once were.  I might be in line for that Samsung TV if I didn't already have a 60" plasma in the living room.  I'm full.

Well....I did say not good enough to camp out I didnt say there were no good deals. And i did say IMO....LOL! Plus not to mention, I even said something to the effect of what you said. I said that the deals are spread out and now there is more of a BF season instead of a single day you would need to camp for.

Edited by deelite
  • Like 2

Well, I disagree...a lot. Browse the TV deals. $750 for a Samsung 75" 4K tv is not good enough? Look at the computer bargains. HP 17.3" Laptop Core i5, 8GB, 256GB for $400 isn't good enough? Echo Shows are $50 at Kohls plus you get $15 in Kohls Cash. The problem is not that the deals are not good. The problem is that the deals are not RARE. If you don't get it BF, check in Cyber Monday or Prime Days. Or check online. I bought a PC last week and a NuWave Primo Convection Oven with Grill Plate & Temperature Probe this morning (which is the real reason I will be stopping into Kohls on BF). Plus we are not as hungry as we once were. I might be in line for that Samsung TV if I didn't already have a 60" plasma in the living room. I'm full.

But I already got a 75" tv for $749 with a $70 gift card at Sam's one day sale, including free shipping, no waiting in line, 2% cash back for using my Sam's store card, 5% back from using ebates........I agree it's more spread out, if you watch the ads you can avoid camping out.
  • Like 3

Well....I did say not good enough to camp out I didnt say there were no good deals. And i did say IMO....LOL! Plus not to mention, I even said something to the effect of what you said. I said that the deals are spread out and now there is more of a BF season instead of a single day you would need to camp for.

forgiven   :kisses:

• Like 1

Product saturation at home and the availability online is key. it absolutely kills the incentive to camp for that once rare deal. This year will be year two of shop but not camp for me. Best Buy continues to spread the deals out over the weekend and it destroys the incentive (and free advertising) to camp.

• Like 1