Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Instax cameras

2 replies to this topic

#1 stacya  OFFLINE  

stacya

I shop for sport!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 5, 2019 - 7:25 pm

So my 10 year old decided she wants one of these. A younger cousin got one last year for Christmas. I see the film apparently comes in packs of 10, and looks kind of pricey...I will probably cringe thinking of what money she's wasting every time she takes a picture, knowing how quickly she'll be able to blow through a pack of film. Anyone have input on this, like where I could get the film cheaper? And anyone know how the picture quality is? I'd just as soon get her a cheap digital camera, but I know it's the immediate gratification that comes from the instant camera that she's wanting...

#2 mcwalker  OFFLINE  

mcwalker

City Planner & Bargain Shopper!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 5, 2019 - 10:01 pm

Film for these is relatively pricey anywhere you get it.  These are purely a novelty item.  My daughter got one a couple of years ago, but has not used it much.  ANY camera or camera phone in the past 10 years takes much better photos.

#3 stacya  OFFLINE  

stacya

I shop for sport!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 5, 2019 - 11:54 pm

Film for these is relatively pricey anywhere you get it.  These are purely a novelty item.  My daughter got one a couple of years ago, but has not used it much.  ANY camera or camera phone in the past 10 years takes much better photos.

thank you for that input! I'd like to steer her in another direction, and maybe if I tell her she can get a more "adult" camera, she'll be up for that, and I can avoid this altogether...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users