JCPenney Black Friday press release

Brad

https://ir.jcpenney.com/news-events/press-releases/detail/599/jcpenney-inspires-shoppers-to-cherish-the-little-moments

After spending quality time with family and friends, customers can make JCPenney their one-stop shop for unbelievable Black Friday deals a day early, as most stores open at 2 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. When stores open, shoppers will be greeted with a coupon worth $10 off $10 or more, $100 off $100 or more, $500 off $500 or more to be handed out while supplies last. Most stores will remain open through 10 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 29, and will reopen extra early at 8 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 30. Customers who wish to get early access to the retailer’s Black Friday deals can start shopping JCPenney.com and the app beginning at 12 a.m. CT on Wednesday, Nov. 27.

Thought the ad might come out along with this press release but I don't see it on their site, yet.

Do these people think we have Thankgiving breakfast? No much quality time if you're opening at 2pm! (Which I know is what they usually do, it's just funny how they worded it...)

Yeah I laughed at that line as well.

• Like 1

Do these people think we have Thankgiving breakfast? No much quality time if you're opening at 2pm! (Which I know is what they usually do, it's just funny how they worded it...)

Exactly,  We are just finishing some of the cooking and setting the table at that time. 

• Like 1

Hate these early hours.  I have gone for the JCPenney coupons sometimes in the past, sometimes getting more than one per family member (don't ask).  I will be in Massachusetts this year, so openings will be after midnight, but the closest JCPenney is not in the town where I expect to start and where most of the stores are.  Just the same, maybe I will head that way if other items on my list aren't time sensitive.

Edited by mcwalker

I love the coupon handouts. My daughter talked me into going to the JCPenny store one year because she wanted to try to get the $500 coupon and I actually got a $100 coupon. Now I go every year. I have heard several people who were in line near me say they got $100 coupons and even one who said they got the $500 coupon. So they are out there.My biggest complaint is that they mark a lot of things at $9.99 so you have to get more to use the coupon. lol. They usually have the same coupon giveaway on Black Friday morning when they open. Good Luck everyone!