When do you put up Christmas decorations?

msyves

Well, I had hubby and the boys pull out all the Christmas decorations. I haven't put up anything yet, however I think by Saturday some of the trees may go up. No decorations added until maybe the following week. We're hosting Thanksgiving dinner so I know by that day only my dining room will have Thanksgiving decor while the remainder of the house will be Christmas ready.

I have one tree up and decorated already..... :)

My fall decor is still out as well but that will be coming down this weekend or next and will get the main tree up and decorated.  I’m always out of town for Thanksgiving so I love coming back to my house all ready for Christmas so I’ve been decorating for Christmas before thanksgiving the last few years.  

• Like 1

I pulled everything out of the closet over the weekend.  I plan to put up my village, and side decorations the weekend of the 23rd. Then the tree will go up the weekend after Thanksgiving.

I would start the weekend of the 16th, but we are going out of town that weekend.

• Like 1

I just started working on ours. We had a new house built this year so I have more space to decorate this year than in years past. I usually don’t start quite this early but I’m starting to learn that it’s a lot of work and I want plenty of time to enjoy it! I did our mantel, assembled and fluffed 1 of 3 trees, and put some lit garland on our staircase. [emoji7][emoji319]

I’m debating decorating the weekend of the 23rd since we will be out of town Thanksgiving weekend for a hockey tournament (we leave Friday after shopping all night [emoji2957]). However, I host Thanksgiving dinner and some family members might mutiny if they see Christmas decorations up before Tday is done. I hate to wait until the following weekend, though, since there’s not as much time between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. They might just have to suck it up. [emoji39]

The real question at our house is when will we take them all DOWN? Last year I still had some trees up (but mostly undecorated) until late spring. And the tree in the boys’ bathroom (tiny tree) just got put away in August. Hockey is life, and has completely taken over!! LOL

I say of you're hosting they may just have to deal with it...especially since you have a lot going on and still want time to enjoy it...
  • Like 1

For the past several years I haven't been into BF or Christmas and just put the tree up (late) out of tradition. Yesterday something hit me and I wanted it done! This is the earliest I've ever had my tree up and I still can't believe hubby went along with it!

• Like 4

It’s your house. I say they can deal with it, not look at them, or not come [emoji23]...but then again, I have an attitude [emoji38]

Exactly......Dont like it you can leave and dont get beside yourself because you can get put out too. Oh the Grinch in me has come out

• Like 1

I’m debating decorating the weekend of the 23rd since we will be out of town Thanksgiving weekend for a hockey tournament (we leave Friday after shopping all night ). However, I host Thanksgiving dinner and some family members might mutiny if they see Christmas decorations up before Tday is done. I hate to wait until the following weekend, though, since there’s not as much time between Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. They might just have to suck it up. [emoji39]

The real question at our house is when will we take them all DOWN? Last year I still had some trees up (but mostly undecorated) until late spring. And the tree in the boys’ bathroom (tiny tree) just got put away in August. Hockey is life, and has completely taken over!! LOL

I would tell them this is my home, I have a busy schedule. If you are uncomfortable with the Christmas decorations you are more than welcome to host the holiday in your home or if you have others plans and are unable to make it I would completely understand.

My family knows better than to say anything to me. They know exactly where it will give and their opinion on the subject can be kept to themselves as I have exactly 0 poops to give about it. :)

• Like 1

I love Christmas, it's my favorite time of year.  I would absolutely love to decorate my whole house BUT I just don't have the energy.  I would have to do it all alone and take it down all alone so I'm thinking I may not decorate at all.  Less to clean.  No one is coming to our house, we are going to others so I'm of the opinion, Why bother since I'm the only one who cares? I think the Grinch is trying to get me.

I love Christmas, it's my favorite time of year. I would absolutely love to decorate my whole house BUT I just don't have the energy. I would have to do it all alone and take it down all alone so I'm thinking I may not decorate at all. Less to clean. No one is coming to our house, we are going to others so I'm of the opinion, Why bother since I'm the only one who cares? I think the Grinch is trying to get me.

I can remember when I was a teen and pulling out the tree and decorating it by myself for the 1st time...my mom usually did it and this particular year she hadn't gotten around to it yet and it was getting late in the season...I have been doing it by myself since and loving every minute of it...my kids helped when they were little, but that wore off after a few years and they are all grown now and could care less... It's a lot of work and I might not do any other decorating, but the tree and the lights and sitting down with a cup of coffee, a throw and watching a Christmas movie brings such a warmth to me that I don't care if no one else enjoys it but me!!!! It does my heart good to sit and enjoy it for a while all season long...

I have 3 trees up and decorated as of today.  It may be overkill for my tiny house but they make me happy even though I wore myself out yesterday putting up 2 and decorating them.  I bought 2 pencil trees from Michael’s a few weeks ago when they were $40 so I could put more of my ornaments out this year.  I’m feeling very nostalgic this year for some reason and I wanted to use ornaments I hadn’t used in years plus all my favorites from recent years.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...