GottaDEAL 2020 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

5 minutes ago I announced to my husband that I was done with my Christmas shopping. Since then I have remembered 2 more presents I need to get [emoji849] Fortunately the last presents can be picked up at the grocery store while doing the weekly grocery run so he never needs to know that I was wrong [emoji12]
  • Like 5

Shopping is done, but thanks for reminding me of an item I needed to order.  Very short BF-Christmas this year.  I should have been sitting pretty with two weeks off this month, but I spent most of the time off sick in bed and am just a little bit behind.  My oldest coerced me into spending Saturday with Skywalker.  Fortunately, I perform best under pressure!

• Like 2

I am almost done. 2 items was cancelled so now I am scrambling trying to figure out how to get them here before Christmas without paying 30$+ in shipping each. My teacher gift was delayed and QVC will not expedite so I have to figure out something by tomorrow...... Then I just have gift cards to get...... I love it when a plan DOESNT come together. 

• Like 2

I am almost done. 2 items was cancelled so now I am scrambling trying to figure out how to get them here before Christmas without paying 30$+ in shipping each. My teacher gift was delayed and QVC will not expedite so I have to figure out something by tomorrow...... Then I just have gift cards to get...... I love it when a plan DOESNT come together. 

ooof.  That stinks.  

• Like 1

All of my orders are taking forever to arrive. The USPS is not my friend this season and the companies using FedEx SmartPost are on my naughty list.

I’m still waiting on an order that shipped on 12/13...delivery estimate is now 12/23 and it only had to go 130 miles.[emoji34]

• Like 2

All of my orders are taking forever to arrive. The USPS is not my friend this season and the companies using FedEx SmartPost are on my naughty list.

I’m still waiting on an order that shipped on 12/13...delivery estimate is now 12/23 and it only had to go 130 miles.[emoji34]

One of our Secret Santa packages was shipped on the 7th, and the USPS tracking still shows it "In transit". 

I know where you are coming from...but believe it or not I've noticed it's not usps It is truly the FedEX part that is FUBAR...in all my orders once usps has my package its here within 2 days or less and I'm rural.

I just went through my list one more time and realized that the pizelle maker I ordered for my mother hasn’t arrived yet.  So I’ll be tracking that down.

This last quarter of 2019 can just get over with whenever it’s ready.  My MIL had emergency gall bladder issues that went on for 3 months, my mother broke her wrist in a nasty fall last week and had surgery yesterday (She and her cat are currently living with us).  Two of my employees just went out with long term (one potentially terminal) illnesses.  My 9 year old’s blood pressure is out of control, so they’re adding new meds for him with some unpleasant side effects.  I’m tired of all of these loved ones being in pain.  :gdcry:

Needless to say, I am nowhere near finished with Christmas prep. I’m thankful to be off from work for 2 weeks after today. Hopefully I can catch up either over the weekend or last-minute on Monday. I have a ton of gift cards left to get for stockings, and I still need to write the letter from Santa for the boys. Our decor is very scaled back this year, but it’s ok.  I keep telling myself that we will do it “right” for Christmas in July lol

It just hasn’t seemed like a normal advent for us. 2020 has GOT to be better.  

• Like 3

I just went through my list one more time and realized that the pizelle maker I ordered for my mother hasn’t arrived yet.  So I’ll be tracking that down.

This last quarter of 2019 can just get over with whenever it’s ready.  My MIL had emergency gall bladder issues that went on for 3 months, my mother broke her wrist in a nasty fall last week and had surgery yesterday (She and her cat are currently living with us).  Two of my employees just went out with long term (one potentially terminal) illnesses.  My 9 year old’s blood pressure is out of control, so they’re adding new meds for him with some unpleasant side effects.  I’m tired of all of these loved ones being in pain.  :gdcry:

Needless to say, I am nowhere near finished with Christmas prep. I’m thankful to be off from work for 2 weeks after today. Hopefully I can catch up either over the weekend or last-minute on Monday. I have a ton of gift cards left to get for stockings, and I still need to write the letter from Santa for the boys. Our decor is very scaled back this year, but it’s ok.  I keep telling myself that we will do it “right” for Christmas in July lol

It just hasn’t seemed like a normal advent for us. 2020 has GOT to be better.  

Praying for you and I agree 100%

• Like 1

I rarely have issues with FedEx when shipping things for work or personally. (Using the corporate acct to save some $$$ - and yes, totally legit to do it that way. Company just asks that we pay for anything we ship on the account for personal reasons. Small price to pay.) That said, the most special of the shipments I made this year is currently in limbo and I'm a wreck praying they haven't lost it and it's just the holiday volume causing the delay... It hasn't moved (according to the website) from the next-to-last stop shipments to this family usually make since 2-something this morning and it was originally scheduled for delivery today. Oof. I've already let the family know there's been a delay and gave them the tracking number so they can check up on it themselves if they want to while we wait, fingers crossed, for it to get moving again.  :worried:

• Like 2

Only 3 more days till Christmas, but it sure doesn't seem like it! I have all my shopping done and just a few last gifts to wrap and a house to clean. Good thing I'm off work for the next 2 weeks. Hopefully that will give me time to get things done around the house and then just relax before heading back to work.

I stopped in to Walmart yesterday to pick up my last order from that retailer.  My previous visit conjured images of Idiocracy as red lights flashed over cash registers backed up into the aisles and people entered pickup information into a kiosk which transmitted nothing while employees took orders on hand held devices.  I feared for the worst this time as car lines blocked the traffic light at the entrance and cars meandered up and down the parking lot waiting for a spot to open.

Instead, I walked to the back of a crowded store, entered my information into a working kiosk, and was handed my package within a minute.  I glanced towards the registers on my way out.  Packed but moving and no red lights.  

It seems like a lot of people just figured out that Thanksgiving came late this year and are scrambling to get a weeks worth of shopping done in an afternoon.  I have to say, though, that people were cheerful and shelves were stocked.  Will be interesting to see the final numbers on this shopping season.  I suspect estimates will be revised up as a lot of buying is still happening three days before Christmas.

Like too many others, I have a lot of items which should have been delivered 'in transit'.  One arrived yesterday and two are finally 'out for delivery', but it makes me nervous that they are both on Fedex trucks.  Fedex is having a terrible year.  I have seen a lot of Amazon trucks on the road this year.  And USPS trucks are on the road every day of the week at every hour of the day.

Probably says the economy and consumer confidence are better than we are hearing.

Merry Christmas.  Late packages are first world problems.

I start to relax and enjoy as soon as my list is complete.  Each discount is a win and I find wrapping relaxing.  I love grocery shopping.  Tonight we will have chicken cordon bleu, au gratin potatoes, steamed broccoli, and garlic bread.  Right now, I am wrapping presents, watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade while sipping on a white russian and doing a little laundry.  Christmas lights are all around me and I have a bag of Hershey's Candy Dish Assortment in my top right drawer.  What could be better than that?

• Like 1

I managed to get the house into great shape for the first round of hosting my family (for dinner today). My husband, mom and I got the tree decorated and we had a nice trip down memory lane while doing it. I still need to wrap presents for my husband and to assemble the final Christmas party cracker and then I should be in good shape. It’s not ideal to be so last minute but so long as all the essentials get done I’ll take it.
  • Like 1

Baking is done, all packages full of my home baked Christmas treats and gifts faithfully delivered by my FedEx elves to their destinations without issue again this year (I've been fortunate, I guess). Just have to finish up shopping for Dad (I know what I'm getting for him - just need to pick up), mail out one thing I missed as I was packing up one of the boxes (thankfully just a GC that will fit in a normal card/envelope) and I'm ready for Christmas.  :holiday12

• Like 3

Today is baking day. I just haven't been in the mood or very motivated yet, but today is the day I scheduled, and I'm ready! Not very many things, or anything too adventurous, but I'll get all the favorites done.

Buckeyes

Sugar cookies (just plain, unfrosted)

Chocolate chip cookies

Brownies

Cool whip cookies

Should be easy peasy. I'll turn on christmas music when the boys are up, and have a grand time!

For wrapping, I have a few small things that came in over the weekend. So I'll finish all those up tonight.

And looks like I may have 2 things that won't make it. Ones been hanging out in SC for 2 or 3 days, and the other is somewhere between NY and GA. I'm not convinced the USPS even knows exactly where it is. But neither of those are major, so not a huge deal. Just frustrating, especially since the one that is MIA was shipped 12/16.

• Like 1

Today is baking day. I just haven't been in the mood or very motivated yet, but today is the day I scheduled, and I'm ready! Not very many things, or anything too adventurous, but I'll get all the favorites done.

Buckeyes

Sugar cookies (just plain, unfrosted)

Chocolate chip cookies

Brownies

Cool whip cookies

Should be easy peasy. I'll turn on christmas music when the boys are up, and have a grand time!

For wrapping, I have a few small things that came in over the weekend. So I'll finish all those up tonight.

And looks like I may have 2 things that won't make it. Ones been hanging out in SC for 2 or 3 days, and the other is somewhere between NY and GA. I'm not convinced the USPS even knows exactly where it is. But neither of those are major, so not a huge deal. Just frustrating, especially since the one that is MIA was shipped 12/16.

I have to ask Cool Whip cookies? never hear of them... would you be willing to share recipe?

• Like 1

I have to ask Cool Whip cookies? never hear of them... would you be willing to share recipe?

They were mentioned in the cookie thread last year, so I was curious and tried them. The dough is sticky, and the whole time I was whining saying I'd never make them again. But they were so good!! They are made with a cake mix, egg, and cool whip, and rolled in powdered sugar.

Here's the recipe I used.

https://breadboozebacon.com/christmas-crinkle-cool-whip-cookies/

They were mentioned in the cookie thread last year, so I was curious and tried them. The dough is sticky, and the whole time I was whining saying I'd never make them again. But they were so good!! They are made with a cake mix, egg, and cool whip, and rolled in powdered sugar.

Here's the recipe I used.

https://breadboozebacon.com/christmas-crinkle-cool-whip-cookies/

thanks..

• Like 1

I start to relax and enjoy as soon as my list is complete. Each discount is a win and I find wrapping relaxing. I love grocery shopping. Tonight we will have chicken cordon bleu, au gratin potatoes, steamed broccoli, and garlic bread. Right now, I am wrapping presents, watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade while sipping on a white russian and doing a little laundry. Christmas lights are all around me and I have a bag of Hershey's Candy Dish Assortment in my top right drawer. What could be better than that?

Sounds like a great day. I’m getting ready to make spaghetti in a little while, then we’re going to take a Christmas train ride to see lights and walk around the old fashioned village the train runs from. Then on the way home we will likely stop at McDonals and grab some holiday pies (guilty pleasures) and hot chocolate.
  • Like 1