GottaDEAL 2020 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

Checking in for the month, kind of bummed.  I didn't do any Black Friday shopping this year aside from a card site I got to where I bought 5 cards. I was already tight on money, so I didn't expect to get much anyways, but got a curveball a couple days before announcing rent was going up, so I'll have to find more ways to pinch pennies now.  I'm not too worried about it, but still was a bit of a bummer.

Oh well, its Christmastime and things will get better.  Gotta stay positive.  Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday.

• Like 1

Checking in for the month, kind of bummed.  I didn't do any Black Friday shopping this year aside from a card site I got to where I bought 5 cards. I was already tight on money, so I didn't expect to get much anyways, but got a curveball a couple days before announcing rent was going up, so I'll have to find more ways to pinch pennies now.  I'm not too worried about it, but still was a bit of a bummer.

Oh well, its Christmastime and things will get better.  Gotta stay positive.  Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving holiday.

That's how I look at things. I roll with the punches and I just come back swinging. So I would say you already have the right attitude to make it happen. :)

• Like 2

Happy December, everyone! We got a nice dump of snow yesterday - it looks so pretty outside. Unfortunately, it's going to warm up this weekend and melt again - 3rd time this winter.

I had to look where you are from when I read your description of snow this year.  I am in Anchorage too.  We piled up snow from the first snow so we still have that left.    I do so love to use my back porch as a freezer on Thanksgiving.

I think I need to add it this post to my phone calendar for every month so I can remember to post!  Just got over a bug I caught while BF shopping.  It was hard to keep myself away from everyone in the family, but didn’t want to pass it on to someone else.  I have felt better the last two days so hopefully I am not contagious anymore.  Killed me not to go back to Walmart to see what BF merchandise they had marked down in my town.

Edited by marathonshopper

My pet turtle that I’ve had for 28 years is pretty sick and refusing food. Attempts at force feeding him (I try for about 3 hours or so) have pretty much consumed my entire week. My week nights look like they are going to be consumed by trying to get his health back so Christmas is going on the back burner except on the weekends. I’m going to have to be super efficient to get everything done for Christmas.

I can't decide if I want to brave the annual Bath and Body Works candle sale. I need a few for myself but not sure the chaos will be worth it. LOL.

One of my local stores opened at 5 this morning. I was here at 4:45, they opened the door at 4:55 and I was walking out at 5:18. I purchased 15 in increments of 5 as I had 3 coupons. It’s a smaller store, space-wise, but everyone was in a good mood.

• Like 3

One of my local stores opened at 5 this morning. I was here at 4:45, they opened the door at 4:55 and I was walking out at 5:18. I purchased 15 in increments of 5 as I had 3 coupons. It’s a smaller store, space-wise, but everyone was in a good mood.

I went.  I couldn't not go!  LOL.  I called my store Friday night to inquire of their opening time and she said 3 AM.  I swear I think I must have cursed at her because she died laughing.  Needless to say I did not get there at 3 AM, instead I got there at 9:30 AM.  I was pleasantly surprised that they were limiting the number of people in the store so that there was actually room to shop.  I was about 8 people back in the line to get in the store so not bad at all except it was a little chilly and I didn't wear a coat, expecting chaos in the store, therefore me burning up.  They handed out candy canes and the paper containers to carry the candles while in line.  I went intending to get only 4 and ended up with 8.  Ha!.  The only real glitch that held things up was the registers crashed and took a bit to get them back online but by the time I got in the store and gathered up my loot they were working again.  Two lines in the store with every register open.  There was an employee standing at the head of both lines directing us to registers.  There were plenty of employees there, helping to find particular scents and constantly restocking.  Anyway, it only ended up taking me an hour total so I was happy I went.  The first and only time I had gone on candle day I vowed to never do it again.  The store was packed, the checkout lines were wrapped around the entire store in no form or fashion so you didn't even know where to go to get in line.  You couldn't shop.  People were just grabbing candles, saying they would exchange later on.  Long story short, I'm glad I went and got a gift knocked out and enough for me to last through the year.  :)

• Like 2

FYI - Mendards has an 11% rebate going on this week.  If you go to your curtesy counter and ask for the adjustable 11% rebate, they will give you one that includes all your purchases back to 11/24.  You have to mail in your original receipts.  I normally take a picture of the ones I'm mailing so if I need to exchange or return I have all the numbers from the bottom of the receipt that they need.  Anyways, just thought I would help someone else get a few bucks back because if any of you are like me, my BF bill was pretty big :)  

• Like 2

I went.  I couldn't not go!  LOL.  I called my store Friday night to inquire of their opening time and she said 3 AM.  I swear I think I must have cursed at her because she died laughing.  Needless to say I did not get there at 3 AM, instead I got there at 9:30 AM.  I was pleasantly surprised that they were limiting the number of people in the store so that there was actually room to shop.  I was about 8 people back in the line to get in the store so not bad at all except it was a little chilly and I didn't wear a coat, expecting chaos in the store, therefore me burning up.  They handed out candy canes and the paper containers to carry the candles while in line.  I went intending to get only 4 and ended up with 8.  Ha!.  The only real glitch that held things up was the registers crashed and took a bit to get them back online but by the time I got in the store and gathered up my loot they were working again.  Two lines in the store with every register open.  There was an employee standing at the head of both lines directing us to registers.  There were plenty of employees there, helping to find particular scents and constantly restocking.  Anyway, it only ended up taking me an hour total so I was happy I went.  The first and only time I had gone on candle day I vowed to never do it again.  The store was packed, the checkout lines were wrapped around the entire store in no form or fashion so you didn't even know where to go to get in line.  You couldn't shop.  People were just grabbing candles, saying they would exchange later on.  Long story short, I'm glad I went and got a gift knocked out and enough for me to last through the year.  :)

I talked my son into going with me this year. He burns the candles as much as I do, and they get too heavy for me to carry.  Yeah, I'm never getting him to do that again.  We got there at 5:00am, and they were already super packed. After a few minutes of his grumbling, I found an out of the way corner and told him to just stand there and I would bring the candles to him. LOL.  We left with 24 candles though, and that should do us until the sale next year :).  

I always get there at what time they SAY they are opening (they obviously open earlier as people are leaving when I get there).  I wonder if it's actually less crowded later in the day.  If everyone thinks like me, and thinks they'll beat the crowd by going early, it might actually be less stressful to wait until 8:30 or 9:00 (after the initial rush, but before the out and about regular shoppers).

• Like 1

FYI - Mendards has an 11% rebate going on this week. If you go to your curtesy counter and ask for the adjustable 11% rebate, they will give you one that includes all your purchases back to 11/24. You have to mail in your original receipts. I normally take a picture of the ones I'm mailing so if I need to exchange or return I have all the numbers from the bottom of the receipt that they need. Anyways, just thought I would help someone else get a few bucks back because

if any of you are like me, my BF bill was pretty big :)

Thats awesome we just bought $2600 in cabinets for a house we are redoing.
  • Like 1