GottaDEAL 2020 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

I honestly can’t think of a thing I want or need this year yet.  I just ordered some “ladies underthings” from Kohl’s and Belk at prices that were quite comparable to their BF prices of last year and since my sizes were in stock just went for it.  I needed a new purse and ordered one from Macy’s.  Already ordered and received one of the infamous Kohl’s throws so there’s another usual BF purchase done.  But knowing me I’ll need/want a few more of those by the time BF sales start.  I refuse to buy a movie this year.  I need some clothes but that’s hard to do online and I’m doing my best to stay home out of the public because I can’t afford to get the Rona and have to quarantine using up my PTO hours in the process.  So, staying home means I don’t really need new clothes.  Lol.   I do want a new phone because my eyes are old and I need a bigger screen so I may do that and just call BF done with that.  

• Like 2

May I ask, has Amazon ever put that Amazon Recast thing on Sale? Sounds like something we'd love. Sorry if that was too personal a question. I hope you all are doing well. Glad to be back and check in every once in a while.

The Recast is on sale right now.  $179.99 for the four tuner 1TB version (which I recommend) and $129.99 for the two tuner 500GB version.

I never wash my car.  EVERY SINGLE TIME I wash my car, I get in an accident.  The day I was killed in a motorcycle accident, I found my younger sister washing my motorcycle.  

I have had an inexpensive damn-near-perfect Hamilton Beach toaster oven.  Lately, I have been thinking about replacing it.  Last weekend, I spent four hours cleaning this beast.  I cleaned the racks, the removable crumb tray, the walls, and the top.  It was something to behold.  This morning, I toasted a slice of banana bread in the oven.  When I opened the door to remove the bread, it shattered -- violently.  Chards of glass stuck to my skin.  I immediately thought of that motorcycle...and those cars.

As amazing as that story is, I wanted to share a link to my new toaster oven...

ad4e0cbd-4eeb-4761-9859-9b9bccf4d784.15f

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Smart-Air-Fryer-Oven-1800-W-Stainless-Steel-26-4-QT-Super-Big-Capacity-Toaster-Oven-10-In-1-Presets-Electric-Digital-Screen-Practical-Accessories/654466122

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Air-Fryer-Oven-1800W-Stainless-Steel-26-4QT-Capacity-and-Practical-Accessories/154035563067

It's a discontinued item with suspect reviews, but, if the reviews and specs are accurate, I think I may have purchased the perfect toaster oven.

Walmart is clearing out the toasters at $129.  With 5% cash back for paying with Discover via PayPal, OOP is $122.55.

Power: 1800 W
Max Temperature: 450℉ 
Capacity: 26.4 QT
Unit Size: 17.7x15.5x14.7 inch
Cooking Presets: French Fries, Chicken Wings, Steak, Pizza, Vegetables, Toast, Dehydrate
Accessories: Oven Rack, Basket, Baking Pan

While there is no mention of it in the description or reviews, the pictures clearly show an interior light (the first picture shows a Light button)...

k2-_8450284a-fdfe-4efb-a21c-ce900fd9a838

k2-_dec0409d-0e7b-4994-b014-6db867315122

One of the reviews says the oven includes a rotisserie.  Again, not otherwise supported.  

That's a beauty, len. Can you get additional baskets for it, so you air fry cook multiple layers of food at the same time? My air fryer oven has three baskets, but even using all three, I can just barely fit two dozen wings in single layers to air fry at one time.

That's a good question.  Probably not from the manufacturer/importer, but maybe via Amazon or ebay.

• Like 1

Wait...you died Len?! I'm gonna need to hear more of this.

When I was 19 a woman ran a stop sign and drove through my motorcycle.  A woman driving through the intersection legally from the other direction also hit me.  They never found the helmet, but I have a nice scar where the strap broke (don't worry girls, it's under my chin -- avatar is completely unaltered).  I was momentarily dead but they fixed that right up.  They told my mother they did not amputate my left arm for ornamental purposes (put it through a sleeve and tuck it in a pocket).  The clavicle was in three pieces and the scapula was broken in half.  You can tell if you look at the seams of my shirt, but I was throwing a ball with my left arm before they took the pins out.  Real  bad idea, btw -- the pins are screws and if you rotate the parts that they are holding together, they unscrew.  My freckled shoulder is actually scars from the pins poking out.  The guy that did the work removed the pins.  He said I was really lucky.  I have 96% function of the arm last time they measured.  I broke my left tibia from the top of the work boots I was lucky enough to be wearing to just below my knee.  Broke a bunch of ribs and even more teeth.  

I started a drafting program just a couple weeks out of the hospital.  Showed up first night with my arm in a sling and a my leg in a cast up to my bum.  I bought a new bike the next spring.  Drove home through the same intersection and someone ran the same stop sign right in front of me.  Memories, am I right?  Anyway, I had that bike from 1981 until 1993 when my first kid was born.  Gave it away.   

Edited by len_mullen

This was the second year we did it, so come on back starting next month as I am sure Brad has plans to do it again.

Second? I thought third year?

I got my pins the other day. Thank you Brad! Sorry the past two weeks have been crazy here.

Second? I thought third year?

I got my pins the other day. Thank you Brad! Sorry the past two weeks have been crazy here.

you are correct this is year 3

a post will show up shortly after BF you must make a post that in the few days it is up for November and then post at least once every month until the following Nov starts.

lets see year 1 2018 we got T-Shirts

year 2 2019 we got GD Shopping Bags

year 3 2020 we got GD Pins.

can't wait to see what we get next year.

• Like 1