GottaDEAL 2020 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

Happy May Day / International Worker's Day -- especially to the healthcare workers and other workers on the front line against COVID-19.

Every night since April 3 at 7:00 p.m. I play Sinatra's "Theme from New York, New York" out my sixth floor co-op windows in support of the #ClapBecauseWeCare for Queens NY healthcare workers.

My effort was mentioned in a New York Times article posted online this morning: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/01/nyregion/thank-you-coronavirus-helpers-7pm-sinatra.html?smid=em-share

I am referenced in the article as the "neighbor above Portofino Ristorante" in Forest Hills, Queens.

Edited by mcwalker
  • Like 3

Happy May Day / International Worker's Day -- especially to the healthcare workers and other workers on the front line against COVID-19.

Every night since April 3 at 7:00 p.m. I play Sinatra's "Theme from New York, New York" out my sixth floor co-op windows in support of the #ClapBecauseWeCare for Queens NY healthcare workers.

My effort was mentioned in a New York Times article posted online this morning: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/01/nyregion/thank-you-coronavirus-helpers-7pm-sinatra.html?smid=em-share

I am referenced in the article as the "neighbor above Portofino Ristorante" in Forest Hills, Queens.

Coolness!

Down to 42 after 4 people dropped out last month.

Hopefully I can find somewhere that will do that low of a minimum for pins, otherwise I may have to call an audible and get a different prize for this year.

We are going to need GD face covers for BF if this keeps up.

• Like 5

Just saw a commercial that advised me to sneeze or cough into my inner elbow.  Naturally, this caused me to try to cough into my outer elbow.  (Now you're trying, right?)  It can't be done.  Going forward, I think it would be more efficient to simply advise people to sneeze into their elbow.  Gross, but efficient.  (I'm going to carry a couple tissues in my pocket -- not my inner pocket, btw...just my pocket.  My inner pocket is just for change.)  A couple hours ago, the governor of Massachusetts MANDATED that people who go into public must wear a mask whenever social distancing could not be maintained -- without defining exactly what social distancing is or telling people where to get masks.  Earlier today the surgeon general warned that healthy people wearing face masks to protect themselves from coronavirus can actually increase your risk of getting the disease...

"What the World Health Organization and the CDC have reaffirmed in the last few days is that they do not recommend the general public wear masks," Adams told Fox News' "Fox and Friends." "There was a study in 2015 looking at medical students. And medical students wearing surgical masks touch their faces on average 23 times. We know a major way that you can get respiratory diseases like coronavirus is by touching a surface and then touching your face."

Still with me?  That's OK.  Here is a summary of everything you need to know to keep yourself and others safe during this epidemic...

https://www.facebook.com/Kasey.Lewis12890/videos/10157784004845804/

• Like 3

Hopefully I can find somewhere that will do that low of a minimum for pins, otherwise I may have to call an audible and get a different prize for this year.

Brad, I'm honestly okay with whatever.  I LOVE my GottaDeal swag!!!

• Like 5

Somehow it’s May and we are still dealing with this crap. I’m so sick of the term social distancing! I just want to go back to school/work and see my kids.

I urge you to pull out a history book.  Read about colonial life, the Civil War, Antebellum, WWI, The Depression, WWII, Korea, and Vietnam then count your blessings.  We are a spoiled generation in a spoiled nation.

• Like 1

Scored flour at Meijer over the weekend. 2 - 5 lb bags, $1.19 each. Win. [emoji16][emoji106] Now I can make cookies to ship to my NASCAR crew boys I won’t get to see in a couple of weeks (for the first time in cookie girl history, since no spectators will be allowed at the Charlotte races). Want them to know they are still loved and thought of, even if it has to be from a distance for now. [emoji170]
  • Like 6

This is week 7 of working from home and my children having remote learning. Gov. Murphy finally closed NJ schools for the rest of the year.

The day to day is starting to get to me; I try to avoid going into supermarkets, stores, unless absolutely necessary as I still have 3 essential workers leaving in and out each day. Hoping for better days!

In better days, I am looking to update my back deck furniture.

• Like 2

its bad, most sites have cut commissions to 0

Wow.  Maybe you could post a list in order of which pay the highest to you guys, so we can utilize them as our go to shopping.

Bumper stickers?    Baseball hats?

GD Toilet Paper and Hand Sanitizer. [emoji23]

I’ve not seen the inside of a store other than Home Depot I’m quite some time.

OH, I love both of those ideas!!!!

T-shirts, please.  Loved the reusable bags, but...

Yeah, I love my t-shirts too.  But, sad I missed a couple years. Maybe we could order retro year shirts to make our sets complete. 

We are going to need GD face covers for BF if this keeps up.

YES, that would be perfect!

^^^^^ You can pull a t-shirt over your mouth and nose.

Or design a new style - the turtle-neck mouth nose ear loop t-shirt :)

Brad, I'm honestly okay with whatever.  I LOVE my GottaDeal swag!!!

Yep, sums it up for me too.  

• Like 1

I would like a GOTTDEAL BAT so that I can finally go to the supermarket......shame people will buy up everything and then try to resell it in the stores parking lot? I'm like REALLY!!!!! The nerve of some people. So a bat, nun chucks, spear, etc....you get my drift..... 

• Like 1

We are starting on our 8th week at home. My husband was unofficially told today that we wouldn't go back for the rest of May at least (we work in the same department). Oldest son, who works on the "other side" of our larger department, may have to go in to his school for a few days towards the end of the month to collect student chromebooks. Our leadership is still working on making that decision, because even though he works in the school, he works for the district office, and it's the school that is telling him to come in. So it's a little sticky there.

I'm glad to at least know that we won't be going back for May, that gives me some direction. I wouldn't want to be told on a Friday that I'm expected back the following week, like another district was. I like to have some notice and a plan.

• Like 1

Week 7 of hunker down mode in Alaska. One of the good things about living in an isolated state is our COVID19 numbers are very low and we seem to be past peak. Halfway thru phase one of opening up businesses. Can't wait to get thru this. 2/3 of the staff at my office was laid off last month, which is very sad. The company I work for is very small, so it was like losing part of my family. Unfortunately, tourism is getting hammered and there wasn't any choice.

On the bright side, the snow is gone and it's going to be sunny and in the low 60's this week which is perfect temperatures up here.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy and safe.

• Like 2