GottaDEAL 2020 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

I'm ready for all of this to be over. Have you heard the new news reports of a possible meat shortage? I mean, why don't they just encourage people to hoard meat? I am OK with work from home, but I wouldn't mind being back in the office. Anyway, stay safe everyone!
  • Like 1

I know it is a little off topic...but is anyone else having issues with ups? I'm getting my stuff ,  but no honk ,knock or even pull into drive.. I live in the country so if they did I would know and my dog would definitely bark..last 2 items delivered were like this and one was a phone ... I have been home(of course) and have even watched for them....but they must walk to just the side edge of my porch which is not in clear view unless I get up and check, Plus this is not my normal delivery guy for sure  its to early in the day and"Tom" always backs in and honks...just wondering.

Unless a signature is required, *all* of my deliveries are done this way, regardless of provider. Occasionally, I'll get notified on an app that a delivery has been made. But, many times it sits on the porch for hours before anyone goes outside and stumbles upon it.

But, it's been that way for at least a couple of years here.

Edited by Gator Pam

I dont have anything nice to say about UPS. But we'll just say that the term "stupid UPS" is used often in my house, and has been several times just in the last week.

And we'll just leave it at that.

I know it is a little off topic...but is anyone else having issues with ups? I'm getting my stuff , but no honk ,knock or even pull into drive.. I live in the country so if they did I would know and my dog would definitely bark..last 2 items delivered were like this and one was a phone ... I have been home(of course) and have even watched for them....but they must walk to just the side edge of my porch which is not in clear view unless I get up and check, Plus this is not my normal delivery guy for sure its to early in the day and"Tom" always backs in and honks...just wondering.

I dont have anything nice to say about UPS. But we'll just say that the term "stupid UPS" is used often in my house, and has been several times just in the last week.

And we'll just leave it at that.

My wife ordered a new pair of house slippers for me to wear. Ordered from Wal Mart like 2 weeks ago. UPS tracking says they updated our address and that customer receiver requested the package held. Address was correct and we NEVER asked that anything be be held. They won’t respond to our requests to figure out what’s going on. Today after an hour on the phone speaking with someone who barely spoke English all we got was someone local would contact us in the next 2 days. If we do t have them or a resolution by Friday I told my wife we are filing a dispute with the credit card company since Wal Mart says we shipped it. I’m at the point where if I could NEVER shop them again I would. I’m also quite disgusted with UPS as their device has just gone downhill every year.
  • Like 1

How is there a shortage of all purpose flour?  Seriously, is every nonessential person watching the Food Network all day?  Apparently.

My oldest called me a week ago and told me that he had plenty of toilet paper but would kill for a bag of flour.  Asked if I could pick one up in my travels.  I tried.  No luck.  No place.

Last night, I had to pick up this very cool knife set at Target...

s-l300.jpg

I saw the ad in the middle of the night and decided to see if it was all that and a bag of chips.  Apparently it is...

In my research, I saw Amazon and Walmart had it for less than the ad price and Target had it for less than half of the ad price with free store pickup.  I drive by a Target on my commute, they had just sent me a code for my birthday, and I had some cash back on account, so I bit and ordered the set for $13.90 using a credit card that pays 2% cash back on everything.  Gottadeal, right?

While I was there, I figured I grab a bag of overpriced flour.  None in stock.  On my way home, I stopped in to McKinnon's to see if they had anything to hoard.  They had one bag of flour in the store...

DE404324-2.jpg

A little googling assured me that all purpose flour could be stored in a freezer indefinitely (or at least two years).  I don't expect even 50 pounds to last two years, but I found the news comforting and bought it.

Maybe I can sell some off...

scarfacecocaine-785519.jpg

While you ponder all of this, enjoy...

Edited by len_mullen
  • Like 3

Down to 42 after 4 people dropped out last month.

Hopefully I can find somewhere that will do that low of a minimum for pins, otherwise I may have to call an audible and get a different prize for this year.

• Like 1

How is there a shortage of all purpose flour? Seriously, is every nonessential person watching the Food Network all day? Apparently.

The first couple weeks the store I visited were out of both flour and sugar. I haven't needed flour, as I had bought a bag of bread flour not long before, and don't use all purpose much. After a couple weeks I was finally able to find sugar, but it was scarce.

Happy May! Our schools have 2 more weeks left (1 for seniors), so things will start picking up for me work wise as we collect computers and start getting ready for next school year.

• Like 1

Hopefully I can find somewhere that will do that low of a minimum for pins, otherwise I may have to call an audible and get a different prize for this year.

GD Toilet Paper and Hand Sanitizer. [emoji23]

I’ve not seen the inside of a store other than Home Depot I’m quite some time.

• Like 6

T-shirts, please.  Loved the reusable bags, but...

• Like 2

Happy May!

I'm not sad to see April go. Spent some time in the hospital (non-COVID related, thankfully), and am happy to be home again.  I've been making masks and working from home, and homeschooling, and trying to keep from going too crazy.  The boys (8 and 9) are missing their hockey friends, but we're keeping in touch as much as we can between FaceTime and Zoom.  Spring hockey was outright canceled, but I still hold out some hope for summer 3 on 3.  In the meantime, it's inline skates on the driveway.  I'm so thankful that there are 2 of them; at least they have a playmate. 

On the shopping front, toilet paper is available near me now, but hand sanitizer and Clorox wipes are still unicorns.  Haven't had too much trouble completing the shopping list, but I did sweat for a week trying to find another Nintendo Switch since one of ours bit the dust and the repair center is closed.  The new one was delivered yesterday and all is well. Our governor has extended our stay home status for another month. :gdcry:

At least I'm able to work in the yard now.  The patio is looking pretty good, but if I don't stop spraying the front yard, there will be no grass left. I keep finding new weeds that have obviously taken advantage of my previous levels of distraction with work and home life. I am thinking about putting out a small garden so my children can see that food doesn't just magically appear in the refrigerator. :sidesplit

Have a safe and happy May, everyone!

• Like 1

Survived the birthday month, enjoying looking at beautiful sunshine outside today. May NASCAR races will be held sans fans, so my annual May trip to Charlotte is toast. [emoji22] Informed the boss last night that I’ll be filing the paperwork for official vacation cancellation. I’ve been going to Charlotte for the races twice a year every year since 2006.

I am now on the hunt for at least 10 lbs of flour to make sure I have enough to bake cookies for shipment to my race shop “track family” peeps I won’t get to see this month. Lots of folks bought up all the flour when they couldn’t find bread. That was the main reason for the run on flour, I believe. My local Meijer now has good supply of sugar but flour is still scarce. Going to venture into GFS to see if I can find some there.

Cleaned up the bike and have been out riding as the weather has allowed. Over the course of 3 days, I rode about 25 miles. Felt good to get my “bike legs” back.

Hope all are staying healthy and also hope May is nicer to us than the last couple months have been.

• Like 1

I am now on the hunt for at least 10 lbs of flour to make sure I have enough to bake cookies for shipment to my race shop “track family” peeps I won’t get to see this month. Lots of folks bought up all the flour when they couldn’t find bread. That was the main reason for the run on flour, I believe. My local Meijer now has good supply of sugar but flour is still scarce. Going to venture into GFS to see if I can find some there.

Amazon.com has this

White Lily All Purpose Flour - 80 oz - 2 pk

Price: $19.99 ($0.12 / Ounce)

Survived the birthday month, enjoying looking at beautiful sunshine outside today. May NASCAR races will be held sans fans, so my annual May trip to Charlotte is toast. [emoji22] Informed the boss last night that I’ll be filing the paperwork for official vacation cancellation. I’ve been going to Charlotte for the races twice a year every year since 2006.

Cleaned up the bike and have been out riding as the weather has allowed. Over the course of 3 days, I rode about 25 miles. Felt good to get my “bike legs” back.

Hope all are staying healthy and also hope May is nicer to us than the last couple months have been.

Meijer around us had an entire pallet of flour out just about an hour ago. Can remember exactly where you are but it was the one in Fraser.