GottaDEAL 2020 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

An unexpected snowfall has begun here today, but luckily its supposed to be less than an inch. Later this week though we may not be too lucky.

But hey, my team is playing in the Super Bowl for the first time in 50 years, so I'll take a little snow.

Goooooooo Chiefs!
  • Like 1

I live in a very small town in Oklahoma, and one of our hometown boys plays for the Chiefs. So, needless to say, our whole town is pumped.  Go Chiefs! 

(full disclosure - I love NCAA football, but I've never been an NFL fan. It IS pretty cool though that someone that went to school with my kids is playing in the freaking super bowl!!!)

• Like 3

I live in a very small town in Oklahoma, and one of our hometown boys plays for the Chiefs. So, needless to say, our whole town is pumped.  Go Chiefs! 

(full disclosure - I love NCAA football, but I've never been an NFL fan. It IS pretty cool though that someone that went to school with my kids is playing in the freaking super bowl!!!)

A good friend of mine played for the Chiefs for about 4 years as a wide receiver. I think Andy Reid has done a fantastic job of turning around that franchise. Ron Rivera will do the same for Washington. 

• Like 2

My prayers go out for the families of the nine killed in the helicopter crash that, among the nine, claimed the life of Kobe Bryant and his daughter yesterday. I cannot even imagine the pain. :(

Very sad tragedy and not just because one is famous. Sadly my understanding is they shouldn't have been out in the very dense fog. :(

My prayers and thoughts are out for all of them and the lives they touched.

• Like 2

My grandbaby is a boy. She went with a very different name lol : Ruckus Zane. During the pregnancy he lived up to his name however he’s been the sweetest baby since birth with no major issues. Loves to cuddle. ❤️

Many congrats to you and the family. That is a different name but being different is a good thing. :)

Quick question on the forum rules: is it ok to post a new thread under the Black Friday page heading even though it’s just related to the holidays and not actually BF? Or should I wait until closer to BF when we get the other holiday subheading? I would post my request for ideas in this thread but I think it would get lost over time with all the different and other fun conversations we have on here.

Almost got it right.

The Beddian birthday is when the age matches the last two digits of the year one was born. I'm turning 60, and I was born in 1960. So 1960 + 60 years old = 2020...

Someone turning 10 would also celebrate their beddian birthday this year. 2010 + 10 years old = 2020. Now that I think about it, even if they make it to 110 in 2120, that wouldn't match the definition. So, it is a once in a lifeime event.

Almost got it right.

The Beddian birthday is when the age matches the last two digits of the year one was born. I'm turning 60, and I was born in 1960. So 1960 + 60 years old = 2020...

Someone turning 10 would also celebrate their beddian birthday this year. 2010 + 10 years old = 2020. Now that I think about it, even if they make it to 110 in 2120, that wouldn't match the definition. So, it is a once in a lifeime event.

This discuss has been very interesting. I had never heard the term Beddian birthday. However, my grandmother always celebrated someone’s Golden Birthday.

“It is most commonly called a golden birthday, or less commonly called a champagne birthday when your age and date of birth coincide. It is called a Beddian birthday when the age you are turning is the same as the last two digits of your birth year.”

Unfortunately, when mine occurred she gave me a diamond ring which I promptly lost the diamond out of. :(

This discuss has been very interesting. I had never heard the term Beddian birthday. However, my grandmother always celebrated someone’s Golden Birthday.

“It is most commonly called a golden birthday, or less commonly called a champagne birthday when your age and date of birth coincide. It is called a Beddian birthday when the age you are turning is the same as the last two digits of your birth year.”

Unfortunately, when mine occurred she gave me a diamond ring which I promptly lost the diamond out of. :(

*nod*

I had never heard of either before, until towards the end of last year, a scheduler at one of my doctors mentioned my champagne birthday was coming up. So, I looked up the term and realized she was mistaken, but learned about my Beddian birthday instead.

My champagne birthday was long ago, back in 1981. The same year my mom passed from breast cancer.

Edited by Gator Pam
  • Like 1