Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

GottaDEAL 2020 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread (update: see post #1)

• Please log in to reply
1216 replies to this topic

#1201 Gator Pam  OFFLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,150 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 14, 2020 - 10:52 am

Looking forward to seeing them!

#1202 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,637 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 14, 2020 - 5:51 pm

Len, what color or style are you looking for?

I bought a set this weekend.  It has a tempered glass top.  That's really what I was looking for.  The wooden table top I have now is vulnerable to moisture rings, sharp objects, and ... well ... just about everything.  Thanks for thinking of me.

#1203 ilikefree  OFFLINE  

ilikefree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 18, 2020 - 1:56 pm

I just love that all the holiday forums are opening back up! Gives me something to look forward to for the rest of this crappy year.

#1204 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,637 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 19, 2020 - 3:53 am

Probably not shopping at Staples this year.  It's the end of an era, really.  I have two bags of ink cartridges to recycle (October and November).  I am eligible to recycle ink cartridges for two months.  I'll get three more rewards 'checks' (October, November, and December).  I have $145 in Staples gift cards.  I have to spend $522.94 by the end of the year to maintain my Rewards status.  That's only one fourth the story.

I bought a new desktop last Black Friday.  I have an HP 8620 all-in-one with maybe ten pages printed.  I have enough ink for this printer to last me for the rest of my life.  I have three boxes of paper and a drawer of specialty paper.  We all have great laptops.  That's only one fourth the story.

My oldest if out of school and does not own a printer.  My youngest is in a 'sustainable' program that does everything paperlessly.  I print about a ream a year.  That's only one fourth the story.

Changes to Staples Rewards and Discover Cash Back have dramatically diminished the stream of unearned income I spent at Staples.  Discover used to sell Staples gift cards at a 50% discount.  Now the discount is about 15%.  I only use my Discover card for the 5% deals as my Paypal Mastercard gives 2% on everything.  So 1.15x(4x(75))) yields $345 in Staples gift cards -- about a third of the $1000 spend threshold to maintain rewards status.  Free-after-rewards is gone.  Rare coupons are heavily exempted.  Price matching is over.  Almost everything is less expensive somewhere else.  That's only one fourth the story.

I'll recycle my ink, spend my $265, and use my Staples Rewards to get discounts on Amazon.com.

That's the whole story.  It was fun while it lasted...

Edited by len_mullen, Sep 19, 2020 - 3:56 am.

#1205 rockpzazz  OFFLINE  

rockpzazz

Master Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 19, 2020 - 7:31 am

Made a trip to Walmart this week and saw not only was Halloween stuff out (obviously), but they already had Christmas lights and trees out.  I think they was there a couple weeks ago too but man is it way too early for that stuff.

MIZ! ZOU!

Kansas City Royals fan since birth.  Even the bad years!

#1206 stationchief  OFFLINE  

stationchief

Super Ultra Uber Geeky BF Mod

• 4,561 Posts
  • Member since 2005
  • Location: Phoenix, Arizona, Earth, Sol star system, Milky Way galaxy, Known universe!

Posted Sep 19, 2020 - 1:00 pm

Hope those who were in the path of the hurricane on the southeast coast last week are still safe and dry. My parents sent me an image from Baker, FL. Said they were just getting a ton of rain and sent me an image. Looked like their front yard had turned into a creek!

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything." - Dr. Emmett L. Brown

#1207 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• 1,166 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Sep 19, 2020 - 3:48 pm

Made a trip to Walmart this week and saw not only was Halloween stuff out (obviously), but they already had Christmas lights and trees out.  I think they was there a couple weeks ago too but man is it way too early for that stuff.

I went to the bigger Supercenter here yesterday and saw trees and lights out too.  Call me crazy but it put a pep in my step honeslty.  I'm so in need of something to look forward to these days.  

#1208 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,893 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 20, 2020 - 5:41 am

So many places here have Christmas stuff out and very little Halloween. I think Halloween is getting shafted this year due to rona. My wife said a bunch of her students said they aren’t going to get to trick or treat this year due to it. To be honest I’m not sure any of the remaining holidays are going to be the same this year.

#1209 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,637 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 20, 2020 - 7:50 am

So many places here have Christmas stuff out and very little Halloween. I think Halloween is getting shafted this year due to rona. My wife said a bunch of her students said they aren’t going to get to trick or treat this year due to it. To be honest I’m not sure any of the remaining holidays are going to be the same this year.

I agree.  I have not purchased candy yet and never decorate for Halloween.  We live on a cul de sac of old people so I usually end up eating what I buy.  Keeping my powder dry this year hoping to maintain my girlish figure!

If you are looking for Halloween themed candy, Aldis has plenty of it at great prices.

Edited by len_mullen, Sep 20, 2020 - 12:43 pm.

#1210 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,893 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 20, 2020 - 12:12 pm

Ya we shop at Aldi. No sidewalks where we live so no trick or treaters.

#1211 berry1014  OFFLINE  

berry1014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 20, 2020 - 3:48 pm

A lot of Halloween stuff in the stores around me with stores still filling the shelves with even more halloween candy and costumes. The grocery store here has had their seasonal asiles filled with Halloween candy and decor since Labor day. Walmart here is just starting to set up the christmas trees in the lawn and garden area. 

#1212 Doresia  OFFLINE  

Doresia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 88 Posts
  • Member since 2013

Posted Yesterday, 5:33 am

checking in

#1213 Gator Pam  OFFLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 3,150 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Yesterday, 3:55 pm

Received my pins. They're so cute!

#1214 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 1,955 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Yesterday, 4:07 pm

Received my pins too! So pretty and sparkly! Thanks Brad!

#1215 Gator Pam  OFFLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 3,150 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Yesterday, 5:12 pm

I don't have a lot of pins, but my collection is slowly growing.

2020-09-21-18-08-47.jpg

#1216 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,637 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Yesterday, 5:24 pm

Received my pins. They're so cute!

Received my pins too! So pretty and sparkly! Thanks Brad!

The word that escapes you is flair...

#1217 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 58,927 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Today, 1:00 am

20200922015926x250x125.jpg

“The more I know about people, the more I love my dog.” ~ Mark Twain.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

bossy1