GottaDEAL 2020 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

Anybody else having issues accessing the forums via the app right now? It all of a sudden started throwing errors over the weekend and signing out/attempting to sign back in is giving me “unauthorized app detected” errors... Hmmmm...

That said, it’s a soggy one here today but I’m okay with that. We kinda need the rain. At least I got out on my bike for a while Saturday. Bought it last year when one of our local bike shops was closing and hoped I’d get to ride it but it sat for most of last year. (For those with bike knowledge/curiosity, it’s a 2017 model Marin San Anselmo. Scored it for less than half of retail.) With all this time at home these last couple months, I’ve finally gotten to get my “bike legs” back. Haven’t ridden a bike on the regular in probably 25 years. Only took a couple outings to feel pretty comfortable with my skill level again. (Giving more credence to the old adage “it’s just like riding a bike - you don’t forget.” lol)

Now I just need to invest in a proper bike lock so I can actually use it to go to the store and such.

• Like 2

Finished making blanket #4 since March. Getting stocked up on future gifts! Materials arrived yesterday to start the next one. But now to decide if I should move to another craft for a bit, or if I start another blanket, if I should choose another pattern. I've gotten quite comfortable with the one I've been using.
  • Like 1

I really don't understand what is the point of zoombombing. I got three emails this morning of people attempting to join my meetings that had not started (of course not! it was 5am!) with names that are obviously fake. It's not funny.

I really don't understand what is the point of zoombombing. I got three emails this morning of people attempting to join my meetings that had not started (of course not! it was 5am!) with names that are obviously fake. It's not funny.

People are morons. Explains a lot of things that happen.

• Like 1

We got a grocery store flyer for our local store this week for the first time since March.  Hopefully that is a sign of normalcy, whatever that means.

I love shopping.  Any kind of shopping.  In a store or online.  Just for research or against a deadline.  It's a distraction.  I especially like walking around shopping centers on cool evenings on my way home from work -- when the days are short and people aren't yet Christmas shopping.  It was best when my kids were young.  Now my kitchen is filling up with gadgets.

I grocery shop on my way home from work.  I pass a lot of grocery stores on my way home and most are co-located with retailers I have business with.  

The cycle starts on Wednesday when Hannaford, Market Basket, and McKinnons flyers arrive in my mailbox.  I use these to tell Alexa what to put on my shopping list.  I don't often shop at McKinnons.  When I do, I take a different route home.  It's the same route I take to pick my kid up from school.  If I have to pick him up, I stop at McKinnons.  Thursday morning, the Shaws preview is available online.  I use that to amend/complete my list.  Friday morning, Shaws posts their just-for-me deals.  By the time I leave for work Friday, my shopping plan is complete.

McKinnons and Shaws ads start on Friday.  I pick one for my ride home Friday night.  Generally, I stop at Shaws and Aldis (where I get milk, eggs, and bread) on the way home Friday night as Shaws runs three day specials that end before my next commute.  Monday and Tuesday I stop at Market Basket and/or Hannaford as my list dictates.  Wednesday we start over again.

The pandemic has changed my shopping habits.  First, sales are less common and less compelling.  Market Basket is inconvenient to get in and out of.  Hannaford has been sparsely stocked.  I have been living out of my freezers only venturing out for fresh fruit, vegetables, bread, and dairy.  Most of the time, I just go to Aldis as they have what I need at good prices with no unreasonable restrictions on access.

This week, Shaws ran a decent ad including $5.67/# porterhouse steaks, $4.99/# jumbo shrimp, $0.25 New England Coffee k-cups, and $1.99 Friendlys Ice Cream.  I stopped on my way home Friday night.  It's work observing the one way traffic restrictions.  Good exercise, I guess.  Over to Aldis for rye bread (reubens), milk, potatoes, and salmon.  They clean the carts for you as you enter and have one way aisles, but the aisles are short and no one loses their mind if you sneak in from the wrong way to grab something.  Not stopping anywhere else this week.  So, not quite normal, but I felt like lighting up a cigarette on my way home, if you know what I mean.

New Hampshire hasn't really been impacted except for the unemployment rate -- first to worst in the nation.  Mostly affecting service and hospitality employees.  Help wanted signs everywhere, but most I know who have been furloughed are pretty happy with the $600 bonus in their unemployment and expect to return to work soon.

My job is business as usual.  No complaints.  June 1 I start a two week vacation ;-)

People are morons. Explains a lot of things that happen.

I looked a little closer, the number for the meeting was from probably two months ago, so they're obviously just typing in numbers and hoping they hit on an actual meeting. I wound up updating my meeting to have a password (it's a standing team meeting, so I had been using the same zoom meeting number and just extending the recurrence of the meeting.)

I looked a little closer, the number for the meeting was from probably two months ago, so they're obviously just typing in numbers and hoping they hit on an actual meeting. I wound up updating my meeting to have a password (it's a standing team meeting, so I had been using the same zoom meeting number and just extending the recurrence of the meeting.)

Ya we put passwords on anything we are doing on Zoom now even just family gatherings. It's a shame stupid people have to ruin things for everyone.

Weather here has been a mixed bag, right now its day three (I think) of raining.  I'm not complaining too much, but I did manage to get to storage and grab a few things and store stuff away before it got too bad.  Hope to do some more in a couple weeks.  Hope its not too warm by then.

Going to be 107 degrees today, record heat and excessive heat warnings around the state. This is late June weather, not May. Have mercy Mother Nature :(

UPDATE: According to the morning news... 109 today and 111 by the weekend. Might wanna re-sync your calendar, Morhter Nature, you're wa-aaaaay off.

• Like 2

Thank goodness our temperatures dropped significantly today. We top off our mulch every couple of years and our mulch order of 10 cubic yards was delivered/dumped on our driveway yesterday. Every time I have stopped to catch my breath over the last 5 hours either my husband or I comment on how unbearable it would be to spread the mulch in the heat we had up through yesterday.
  • Like 3