Pick the Best Deal & Win Black Friday Survival Kits [Winners Posted]

Brad

Time for the next contest, and we're going back 13 years for this one...

To be entered to win, browse the 2006 Target Black Friday ad posted below and post your pick for the best current deal in the ad. This doesn't mean the best deal when the ad was released, but the best deal right now as if this was their ad for this year.

Here is a PDF:

If you can't access the PDF, you can also browse this ad on the Black Friday Archive.

Contest will be open until 11pm ET on Wednesday, October 30th. I will then randomly choose 15 members who entered and you'll win a Black Friday survival kit with the possibility of getting a mystery gift card or ultra-rare Black Friday t-shirt inside!

Limit of one survival kit prize per member but if you have already won you are still welcome to enter future contests for fun.

For more info on the Black Friday survival kits we're giving away this year (including the bonus mystery prizes inside), see this thread.

survivalkit.jpg

• Like 1

All of the items on the front page and many other items in the ad are outdated technology now, and DVDs of those movies are all probably in the $2 bin now.  

I will go with the $65 Singer sewing machine on page 2.  That is a pretty timeless item and a decent price for a compact light duty sewing machine.

I'd go with the Barbies. That's a decent deal, especially for 2 dolls and the horse and carriage.  

Also, the air mattress on page 14 seems like a decent price.

You know, I actually see several deals in this ad that would be a good deal today.  

*already won

Edited by Bopeep

Just for fun: I would LOVE that Kitchen Aid stand mixer for $159. I have 2 family members who will be getting them as gifts this year and that price would love to pay that lol

I already purchased one 5qt from QVC for $250 w/ 6 easy payments. Not sure if that was a deal or not lol

Check walmart for one I know in my area they have been clearence down to $99

Great contest.  Are we going to do this EVERY Friday?  So much has changed in 13 years.  Maybe time for people to stop complaining about the ads?  TVs and DVDs are relatively expensive.  The best deals were on low tech gifts.  The Star Wars/Transformers toys would be a great deal today.  Kitchen appliances look to be about what Kohls will charge this year.  The best deal in that flyer is the $29.88 6 1/2 foot pre-lit tree.

Let's do an old Kohls flyer next!

• Like 1