Share Your Story & & Win Black Friday Survival Kits [Winners Posted]

Brad

Getting up at 2, being gone from the houses by 3am with my mom. Freezing our butts off in line at Sears and target before they opened. Nothing beats the old days of Black Friday!!

True! my wife led the great vendor rebellion of 2007 when she discovered that the vendor tried to sell cold boiled peanuts and lukewarm hot cocoa to the customers at Best buy!

I miss the old days of camping out or heading out at 2 am, but I’m getting used to going after dinner on Thanksgiving. Kids are all grown now so we had a couple of slow years when we really didn’t buy a lot but grandchildren are here now so we are back to BIG Black Friday lol. The kids and I still take my mom with us and plan to continue as long as she’s able to go.

I just had a blast from the past looking back at old BF threads! Wow! I’d say our traditions are still alive for Black Friday ‍♀

• Like 1

Getting up at 2, being gone from the houses by 3am with my mom. Freezing our butts off in line at Sears and target before they opened. Nothing beats the old days of Black Friday!!

I agree. Everything is open on thanksgiving now and it’s sad. Family gatherings r rushed to get the hot deals! Go back to the original Black Friday!

One of the favorite memories our family has is at a Target. It was back in the day when all the sales started in the early a.m. so we planned our attack on Thanksgiving day then set out to shop at 1 a.m. We were at the Target store about 6th in line..we were there to get Guitar Hero guitars...remember those :gdclap: . Well when the store opened my son was yelling 'Woo Hoo...go,go, go'  :gdangry4:  and then took off running. Guess who made the news reel that night on the local news...MY SON yelling and everything...it was hilarious to watch and hear.

• Like 1

About 15 years ago we were out shopping on BF. Since we had a minivan we drove and everyone rode with us. Well we all shopped so much that we had to cram stuff all over inside the van. Every time someone opened a door bags would just tumble out. On the way home everyone except for the my husband who was driving was covered in bags, it was a hot mess but it also so much fun LOL

• Like 1

We often travel for Thanksgiving, either to see family or just for a getaway.  It is fun to do Black Friday in different locales.  One of my most unique experiences was in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, where you mix with some Mennonites and even a few Amish out late for the deals.  Rushing out of the Target parking lot to get to another store I almost ran into an Amish buggy that was going the other way (I was parked near the stables that they have at that location).  I backed up, to let them pass, since it is harder to back up a horse and buggy in a parking lot.  

One year at Walmart, I was trying to get a microwave for my sister and I was hit on the back of the head with a frying pan. They said it was an accident, but not sure if I believed it.

I hope u weren’t hurt but I had to giggle over this. I pictured in my head an elderly lady doing it [emoji23]

About 15 years ago we were out shopping on BF. Since we had a minivan we drove and everyone rode with us. Well we all shopped so much that we had to cram stuff all over inside the van. Every time someone opened a door bags would just tumble out. On the way home everyone except for the my husband who was driving was covered in bags, it was a hot mess but it also so much fun LOL

This is so us every single year!

• Like 1

The 10 winners are:

kellis4321
budgetsRsexy
Bopeep
starbeck96
Elmck
magickallight
julz0420
chester5
ISU ME
MariahA

Congrats and look for a PM from me soon to claim your prize.

We just posted another survival kit contest on our Facebook page that runs until Sunday, so if you haven't won one yet here, you can try there. The next forum contest will start next week.

• Like 2

Congrats everyone! I enjoyed your stories. When Black Friday was literally Black Friday with early morning openings were definitely the good old days [emoji18]

Great contest topic. I really enjoyed reading all the stories too. I’m not sure if I should be happy or sad that I’ve never seen a true fight on Black Friday after reading everyone’s replies. I’m not a fan of violence but somehow I feel like I’m missing out on a standard BF rite of passage [emoji23]
  • Like 2

Great contest topic. I really enjoyed reading all the stories too. I’m not sure if I should be happy or sad that I’ve never seen a true fight on Black Friday after reading everyone’s replies. I’m not a fan of violence but somehow I feel like I’m missing out on a standard BF rite of passage [emoji23]

My sister and I have always talked about this. We just never see all the bad stuff that apparently happens.  My cousins, on the other hand, seem to run into the drama every year.  The one time my sister and I even encountered a rude crowd, we happened to be at a store we never go to, looking for something for the cousins!! We decided the cousins are cursed.  LOL

• Like 1

My sister and I have always talked about this. We just never see all the bad stuff that apparently happens. My cousins, on the other hand, seem to run into the drama every year. The one time my sister and I even encountered a rude crowd, we happened to be at a store we never go to, looking for something for the cousins!! We decided the cousins are cursed. LOL

The worst thing I saw was some people argue over a parking space from their cars but it was a short lived thing because no one wanted to waste time arguing in a parking lot when they could be scoring door busters.
  • Like 1