Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Amazon announces a bunch of new smart devices

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,694 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 25, 2019 - 11:47 am

https://www.amazon.c...BAJJDGDA9GRVEYM

New Echo speakers, smart eyeglasses, smart earbuds, smart oven, smart ring and a bunch of other stuff that will be on sale during BF week...

#2 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 25, 2019 - 1:37 pm

oh, crap!

#3 laddhorn  OFFLINE  

laddhorn

• 1,011 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 25, 2019 - 4:35 pm

The glasses remind me of the Google Glass. The ring seems kinda cool, although I'm not sure I would "need" one.

#4 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,725 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 25, 2019 - 5:37 pm

Didn’t really see anything in the announcement when I saw it earlier that interested me. A lot of meh for me.

#5 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

To the Batmobile...for savings

• 1,961 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 25, 2019 - 7:02 pm

I put in for the ring and glasses. Odds are probably not good. The Echo Auto is for sale now a $50. Funny I never got my invitation from last year; that's why I;m no putting too much faith in the ring and glasses. When my current microwave dies, I may look into the 4-in-one oven.

~Don't get cancelled!
~Quickly Robin!! To the Batmobile... for savings! :usaribbon:usflag:

'It's not a lie, if you believe it':tongue1:

#6 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• 1,519 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 26, 2019 - 7:22 am

I put in for the ring and glasses. Odds are probably not good. The Echo Auto is for sale now a $50. Funny I never got my invitation from last year; that's why I;m no putting too much faith in the ring and glasses. When my current microwave dies, I may look into the 4-in-one oven.

I finall got my invitation for the auto a couple weeks ago.

As for the new products, do you ever think Amazon is trying to play us?  I mean, are they sitting in their meetings saying "Our people will buy anything we put out there. Let's prove it by coming up with some truly ridiculous ideas!". LOL.  I mean, they aren't wrong. I bought that Echo Auto, knowing darn well my phone would already do everything that silly thing would do.

#7 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,468 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 26, 2019 - 1:58 pm

I just got my invitation a couple weeks ago.  Bought it, of course.  Not sure what I am going to do with it, but I like it and think you should grab one at $25.

I finall got my invitation for the auto a couple weeks ago.

As for the new products, do you ever think Amazon is trying to play us?  I mean, are they sitting in their meetings saying "Our people will buy anything we put out there. Let's prove it by coming up with some truly ridiculous ideas!". LOL.  I mean, they aren't wrong. I bought that Echo Auto, knowing darn well my phone would already do everything that silly thing would do.

I *KNEW* you pre-ordered one.

#8 budgetsRsexy  OFFLINE  

budgetsRsexy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 467 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Sep 26, 2019 - 4:24 pm

As for the new products, do you ever think Amazon is trying to play us? I mean, are they sitting in their meetings saying "Our people will buy anything we put out there. Let's prove it by coming up with some truly ridiculous ideas!". LOL. I mean, they aren't wrong. I bought that Echo Auto, knowing darn well my phone would already do everything that silly thing would do.

As I went through the new products nothing jumped out at me as something that I really need. I’m going to keep an eye on the reviews to see if anything ends up really blowing people’s minds but so far nothing really excites me.

#9 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

• 1,961 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 26, 2019 - 7:07 pm

I just got my invitation a couple weeks ago. Bought it, of course. Not sure what I am going to do with it, but I like it and think you should grab one at $25.

I *KNEW* you pre-ordered one.

I never got the invite, but got in a ‘back door’ way. I like it, but it’s a little glitchy. Sometimes if I charge my phone at the same time, it doesn’t send sound through my speakers; if I unplug it, then it works, lol. Other times, it works normal.
~Don't get cancelled!

#10 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,214 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 26, 2019 - 8:25 pm

I am half tempted to get an Alexa and the Samuel L Jackson add on voice, explicit version.

GO BRUINS!

#11 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,725 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 27, 2019 - 4:21 am

I am half tempted to get an Alexa and the Samuel L Jackson add on voice, explicit version.

I did not know such a thing existed. :)

#12 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• 1,519 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 27, 2019 - 6:05 am

I never got the invite, but got in a ‘back door’ way. I like it, but it’s a little glitchy. Sometimes if I charge my phone at the same time, it doesn’t send sound through my speakers; if I unplug it, then it works, lol. Other times, it works normal.

My phone connects to my car audio 2 different ways, either by bluetooth or the charging cord. So if the phone is plugged in, I have to select that audio option for the Echo to work.  I bet your car is the same way, so you might look at that.

#13 bpr  OFFLINE  

bpr

• 1,961 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 28, 2019 - 7:45 am

My phone connects to my car audio 2 different ways, either by bluetooth or the charging cord. So if the phone is plugged in, I have to select that audio option for the Echo to work.  I bet your car is the same way, so you might look at that.

Yeah, pretty much the same (Ford MyTouch/Sync 2), but it is picky on which one it wants to do. Somedays if I 'charge my phone' it works fine and somedays it doesn't; I have to unplug my phone to get it to work. t seems to work better it you plug it all in, open Alexa app (on my iPhone), then start the car (so Bluetooth connects to Echo first(?)). I f I do it after I start the car; it's a mixed bag and don't know if you can leave it charging or have to unplug it, lol.

~Don't get cancelled!

#14 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,468 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 28, 2019 - 5:02 pm

The alexa app on your phone connects to the echo auto and the car's smart software.  If the alexa app is open on your phone and bluetooth is enabled when you restart your car, all three ought to connect.  The only problem I have had is when I used the phone to make a call.  That seemed to mess things up until the next time I started the car.

#15 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

President, Black Friday Vacationers

• 1,896 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 6, 2019 - 3:46 pm

My biggest problem with alexa is not actually alexa, it is Google trying to answer alexa questions when the device hears her name on TV and tries to respond. I have scolded the google home assistant and she responded, "My bad, I will try harder next time".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users