Amazon announces a bunch of new smart devices

Brad

I put in for the ring and glasses. Odds are probably not good. The Echo Auto is for sale now a $50. Funny I never got my invitation from last year; that's why I;m no putting too much faith in the ring and glasses. When my current microwave dies, I may look into the 4-in-one oven.

I put in for the ring and glasses. Odds are probably not good. The Echo Auto is for sale now a $50. Funny I never got my invitation from last year; that's why I;m no putting too much faith in the ring and glasses. When my current microwave dies, I may look into the 4-in-one oven.

I finall got my invitation for the auto a couple weeks ago.

As for the new products, do you ever think Amazon is trying to play us?  I mean, are they sitting in their meetings saying "Our people will buy anything we put out there. Let's prove it by coming up with some truly ridiculous ideas!". LOL.  I mean, they aren't wrong. I bought that Echo Auto, knowing darn well my phone would already do everything that silly thing would do.

I just got my invitation a couple weeks ago.  Bought it, of course.  Not sure what I am going to do with it, but I like it and think you should grab one at $25.

I finall got my invitation for the auto a couple weeks ago.

As for the new products, do you ever think Amazon is trying to play us?  I mean, are they sitting in their meetings saying "Our people will buy anything we put out there. Let's prove it by coming up with some truly ridiculous ideas!". LOL.  I mean, they aren't wrong. I bought that Echo Auto, knowing darn well my phone would already do everything that silly thing would do.

I *KNEW* you pre-ordered one.

• Like 1

As for the new products, do you ever think Amazon is trying to play us? I mean, are they sitting in their meetings saying "Our people will buy anything we put out there. Let's prove it by coming up with some truly ridiculous ideas!". LOL. I mean, they aren't wrong. I bought that Echo Auto, knowing darn well my phone would already do everything that silly thing would do.

As I went through the new products nothing jumped out at me as something that I really need. I’m going to keep an eye on the reviews to see if anything ends up really blowing people’s minds but so far nothing really excites me.

I just got my invitation a couple weeks ago. Bought it, of course. Not sure what I am going to do with it, but I like it and think you should grab one at $25.

I *KNEW* you pre-ordered one.

I never got the invite, but got in a ‘back door’ way. I like it, but it’s a little glitchy. Sometimes if I charge my phone at the same time, it doesn’t send sound through my speakers; if I unplug it, then it works, lol. Other times, it works normal.

• Like 1

I never got the invite, but got in a ‘back door’ way. I like it, but it’s a little glitchy. Sometimes if I charge my phone at the same time, it doesn’t send sound through my speakers; if I unplug it, then it works, lol. Other times, it works normal.

My phone connects to my car audio 2 different ways, either by bluetooth or the charging cord. So if the phone is plugged in, I have to select that audio option for the Echo to work.  I bet your car is the same way, so you might look at that.

My phone connects to my car audio 2 different ways, either by bluetooth or the charging cord. So if the phone is plugged in, I have to select that audio option for the Echo to work.  I bet your car is the same way, so you might look at that.

Yeah, pretty much the same (Ford MyTouch/Sync 2), but it is picky on which one it wants to do. Somedays if I 'charge my phone' it works fine and somedays it doesn't; I have to unplug my phone to get it to work. t seems to work better it you plug it all in, open Alexa app (on my iPhone), then start the car (so Bluetooth connects to Echo first(?)). I f I do it after I start the car; it's a mixed bag and don't know if you can leave it charging or have to unplug it, lol.

The alexa app on your phone connects to the echo auto and the car's smart software.  If the alexa app is open on your phone and bluetooth is enabled when you restart your car, all three ought to connect.  The only problem I have had is when I used the phone to make a call.  That seemed to mess things up until the next time I started the car.

My biggest problem with alexa is not actually alexa, it is Google trying to answer alexa questions when the device hears her name on TV and tries to respond. I have scolded the google home assistant and she responded, "My bad, I will try harder next time".