Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

I want a Freeware Utility to ... 450+ common problems solved.

51 replies to this topic

#31 Marcster  OFFLINE  

Marcster

• 15,003 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 17, 2008 - 4:52 pm

Thanks Marcster.

Anytime! ;)

I'm Gottadeal's Fix-It/D-I-Y guy. ~ Since 8/2/07, the Ban Hammer has fallen on 233 spammers! Hammer.gif

#32 kc#erica  OFFLINE  

kc#erica

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 12, 2008 - 8:29 am

It doesn't look like anyone has read this in a while but I've been looking for a free service to send "big" files, like bigger than the files you can send with email which isn't too much. I've tried quite a few but it seems like it's just stuck trying to upload the file, like I'll leave it on and forget about it and when I come back it still says it's loading it or whatever and alot of them says they support unlimited sizes. If anyone has had luck sending files online please let me know where!

#33 kc#erica  OFFLINE  

kc#erica

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 12, 2008 - 8:48 am

I have an old laptop computer that I am planning to give my parents but I want to scrub it clean of all my crap first. Does anyone have a good freeware program they would recommend for this?

Thanks in advance!

I use web root window washer and it has a free trial here http://www.download....4-10017839.html so if you're just using it the 1 time it wouldn't matter but I suggest this for you because it has an option specifically for cleaning computer that you're getting rid of so it'll clean everything off of it because most programs will not.

#34 kc#erica  OFFLINE  

kc#erica

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 44 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 12, 2008 - 9:02 am

What do you guys use to keep your computer running smooth.my computer takes forever to shut down.I got a blue screen with this error message oxoooooo8E.
my computer is a dell dim.E521,AMD 64 X2 dual.core 4200+, 220GHz and 3 GB of ram.I have diskeeper and spyware doctor.any ideas what to use to clean it.
thanks
Cheri

sounds like you need a registry cleaner. You can download ccleaner (it's free) http://www.download....cdlPid=10987484 (cleaning out all of this junk will help your computer run more smooth and fast,

A good free registry is EasyCleaner http://www.download.....html?tag=mncol and this too will help it run smoother and get rid of all of your registry errors.

You also have stuff already in your computer disk cleanup and disk defragmenter are in your start menu (all programs) under accessories then system tools. Also go in your browser properties or options and delete your temp files, cookies and history.

This will "unclog" your computer and the registry cleaner might fix the error code and it'll run better.

#35 Marcster  OFFLINE  

Marcster

• 15,003 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 12, 2008 - 9:06 am

It doesn't look like anyone has read this in a while but I've been looking for a free service to send "big" files, like bigger than the files you can send with email which isn't too much. I've tried quite a few but it seems like it's just stuck trying to upload the file, like I'll leave it on and forget about it and when I come back it still says it's loading it or whatever and alot of them says they support unlimited sizes.
If anyone has had luck sending files online please let me know where!

http://www.yousendit.com (up to 30mb)`

http://www.fileflyer.com (up to 1GB)

http://www.transferbigfiles.com (up to 1GB)

http://www.dropsend....icingsignup.php (sign up for a free account, send up to 1GB)

I'm Gottadeal's Fix-It/D-I-Y guy. ~ Since 8/2/07, the Ban Hammer has fallen on 233 spammers! Hammer.gif

#36 persse3  OFFLINE  

persse3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Mar 24, 2009 - 5:36 pm

I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if its already up here. I need a program or software (sorry not very computer smart) that I can use to edit photos. I just want to be able to change maybe the back ground color or take things out like background wise (not all of it) just something to play with. Something I can kind of learn myself by playing with it or that someone can give me some pointers on how to use it? Please and thank you. I will look through tomorrow but figured if it wasn't up already more time for people to respond.

#37 BruceLee  OFFLINE  

BruceLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Oct 28, 2010 - 12:23 am

I didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if its already up here. I need a program or software (sorry not very computer smart) that I can use to edit photos. I just want to be able to change maybe the back ground color or take things out like background wise (not all of it) just something to play with. Something I can kind of learn myself by playing with it or that someone can give me some pointers on how to use it?
Please and thank you. I will look through tomorrow but figured if it wasn't up already more time for people to respond.

I don't know if were allowed to post other forum downloads? But I love The Gimp 2.6.11 , Adobe flash, Adobe Acrobat, PAINT.NET is good but requires framework 2.0 and etc.. to work right.

These are all free and very good if not as good as the big paid for programs. People pay tons for photoshop but I see just as good if not better in free stuff. Also PM sent

#38 Blueberries  OFFLINE  

Blueberries

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2011

Posted Apr 17, 2011 - 7:02 pm

my computer takes forever to shut down.I got a blue screen with this error message oxoooooo8E too ...

Edited by Blueberries, Apr 17, 2011 - 7:10 pm.

#39 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,815 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 13, 2011 - 7:59 am

I need free software to convert scanned images into .pdf files. Any ideas?

#40 Scott  OFFLINE  

Scott

• 12,002 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 13, 2011 - 2:32 pm

What format are they scans in now?

#41 BruceLee  OFFLINE  

BruceLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 Posts
  • Member since 2010

Posted Sep 13, 2011 - 3:00 pm

You can try these for now. Until next question above is answered

http://www.compulsiv.../jpegtopdf.html
http://en.pdf24.org/creator.html

#42 Ravenseye  OFFLINE  

Ravenseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 13, 2011 - 3:25 pm

to convert images into pdf documents, copy then paste the images into a libreoffice/open office drawing, then save it as a pdf. No need for other converters, or freeware/shareware. Libreoffice, or OpenOffice will do that in a jiffy! -Mike
Merry ChrismaHanukwanzikayule Everyone! (I know it's early, but it's the best time of year, and it should last well beyond when it's fashionable!)

#43 Scott  OFFLINE  

Scott

• 12,002 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 13, 2011 - 5:03 pm

to convert images into pdf documents, copy then paste the images into a libreoffice/open office drawing, then save it as a pdf.

No need for other converters, or freeware/shareware. Libreoffice, or OpenOffice will do that in a jiffy!

-Mike

I recommend LibreOffice as well...

It will probably handle whatever you need.

#44 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 6,815 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 14, 2011 - 3:58 am

I can scan my receipts into bmp, jpg, png or tif files. I have no clue what I just typed! lol. My work computer has openoffice on it already - I'll try that first. I'll also check out LibreOffice - thanks everyone!

#45 AndreaInNC  OFFLINE  

AndreaInNC

Caniac

• 6,815 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 14, 2011 - 4:03 am

wow .. used openoffice ... super easy and super fast!

#46 Pnambic  ONLINE  

Pnambic

Can't re-Member

• 2,020 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 14, 2011 - 5:42 am

I've used the free version of PrimoPDF for years for converting ANYTHING into PDF. It works like a print driver. After yo uinstall it, you simply take whatever you want to convert and hit print. When it asks what printer to send it to, you choose Primo from the list and it converts it to a PDF for you. It even lets you add to the end of existing PDF files as well. I used to use it all the time when I needed to patch together several different file formats (powerpoint,, excel, couple others) into one report for distribution.
Da-shiang bad-tza shr duh lah doo-tze!

#47 Marcster  OFFLINE  

Marcster

• 15,003 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 14, 2011 - 6:27 am

I've used the free version of PrimoPDF for years for converting ANYTHING into PDF. It works like a print driver. After yo uinstall it, you simply take whatever you want to convert and hit print. When it asks what printer to send it to, you choose Primo from the list and it converts it to a PDF for you. It even lets you add to the end of existing PDF files as well. I used to use it all the time when I needed to patch together several different file formats (powerpoint,, excel, couple others) into one report for distribution.

That was going to be my suggestion... There are other free PDF print drivers out there, but PrimoPDF is what I've used for years.

#48 Ravenseye  OFFLINE  

Ravenseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 20, 2011 - 11:49 am

I posted this in another thread about pdf's that cropped up, but removed the post because it didn't have anything to do with the purpose of the thread. So, in case someone else wants another source of open-source software to use, I offer http://www.osalt.com . This site allows you to pick a program, say Photoshop, and it links you to open-sourced software that does basically the same job as Photoshop would. You can search a myriad of awesome software there with a minimum of fuss.
Merry ChrismaHanukwanzikayule Everyone! (I know it's early, but it's the best time of year, and it should last well beyond when it's fashionable!)

#49 tinkrbel  OFFLINE  

tinkrbel

• 7,035 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jun 18, 2012 - 10:41 pm

anyone got a freeware for faxes? I was using freefax.com but it's crapped out on me tonight and need to send a 10 page fax. don't mind doing a few separate ones just need to get info out and can't use regular fax since long distance was disabled on phone lines.

#50 Scott  OFFLINE  

Scott

• 12,002 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jun 19, 2012 - 4:13 am

anyone got a freeware for faxes? I was using freefax.com but it's crapped out on me tonight and need to send a 10 page fax. don't mind doing a few separate ones just need to get info out and can't use regular fax since long distance was disabled on phone lines.

Not for sending faxes...

There are free ones for receiving though.

Is there a legal reason that you need to fax? What about contacting the recepient and asking for an email?

#51 geddy  OFFLINE  

geddy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Aug 2, 2012 - 11:02 am

For those looking to edit photos and graphic files, Paint.NET is also a very good program.

#52 tmseese  OFFLINE  

tmseese

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 60 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Mar 15, 2013 - 12:15 pm

I'm looking for something to speed up my computer. has a slow start and freezes sometimes. I've tryed a couple on this list. says free but then when it tells you the problem wants paid to fix. Thats not free. some of the links are no longer avaliable. Does anyone know a good FREE pc cleaner or something.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users