Secret Santa 2019 Official Discussion Thread

Bopeep

I received my OE and SS gift the other day. It was mixed in with a few other packages. I have taken a half a day off so that I can get done all the things I need to and the post office is my first step. Wish me luck because there lines are like the old black friday lines - around the parking lot. 

• Like 2

I have updated the list on the first page. If you've let us know you received, I've changed your name to blue.  Please take a second to check the list and make sure I didn't miss your post.  Thanks y'all!

I just posted this morning that I've received mine.

• Like 1

Okay, so I opened my ornament today.....AND IT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH. It is a custom Carolina Panthers ornament. It is amazing. A few years ago my other OE person got me one and they look so good together. I always save my secret santa package until Christmas morning so I will update everyone on that one later. Side note It took me 53 minutes to get through the line at the post office....... but I did it . SMH  :gd_stars:

• Like 4

i received my ss today!!! i  love the shiny paper. i am goign to TRY to hold off opening till xmas!  thank you SSGetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATYwMA

i didnt last long and neither did the sugar free gummy bears lol. thank you so much secret santa  i actually never had them before but will certainly be buying them now that i tried them! so so so good. you did amazing !!!.. GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATYwMA

• Like 5

Bopeep

I’ve not sent you my tracking #’s I’m so sorry I’m a busy mess- I seen my SS & OE got their goodies !!!

I’ll still send it I’m

So sorry !!!!!

Don't worry about it :).  I only need the tracking #s if the packages aren't received, so everything is good.

• Like 1

Santa came today!  I'm like a kid with a shiny new toy, don't ask ME to wait for Christmas! LOL

Thank you Santa, I love it all!  I can't wait to try this cocoa. At some point this weekend, I WILL get a chance to relax. I'm going to put on these fuzzy slippers, make me some cocoa in my new cool mug, put my feet up and read this book while munching on peanut clusters.  :gdinlove:   Thank you again!

QlrDe35.jpg?2ykmBy3q.jpg?1

• Like 7

Thank you SS!!! I love my gifts. You did a great job. I can’t wait to read my book and dig into my snacks. The ornament and kitchen set are perfect. I’m going to put the hand sanitizer and lip balm in my purse right now!

post-210283-0-28950500-1576348285_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Coastiwife
  • Like 6

Mom and I are sitting on her couch right now watching "Holiday Inn" with mom opening a box of fudge covered Ritz crackers and eating Almond Rocca when behold .....there is a knock at the door! IT'S THE POSTMAN!! BEARING GIFTS!!

Mom happily opened her box and what is there?!? ......COFFEE CAKES! Boy is she happy! Like her prayers for junk food had just been answered!

Kash! What a thoughtful surprise! I can't tell you how touched I am that you would bless my mom with the perfect surprise. Thank you so much! It's just the type of thing that makes her day! Thank you for bringing some Christmas cheer to our afternoon! [][][][]

• Like 5

Hey Bopeep!

I was thinking.....how about adding another question to the secret santa questionaire. Something along the lines of "will this secret santa gift be your main Christmas gift this year?". I've noticed in years past, and even this year, that for some of us, for whatever the circumstances, this is the only thing some of us will be opening on Christmas.

I don't mean the question to invoke pity from others, I certainly don't feel sorry for myself. I enjoy the companionship and the fun that this group has developed in today's over the years. But maybe knowing that the secret santa gift is the main (only) gift that person will receive may inspire the giver to make sure the gift is wrapped or perhaps to buy 1 nicer $10 item rather than a few smaller ones (or even the other way around). Or maybe come up with something fun like wrapping the gift inside 3 or 4 boxes. (Heh heh heh)

I only bring it up because if I receive a name of someone like Tracy0504, (Sorry if I put you on the spot Tracy0504), I would want to put more thoughtful thought into the gift (s).

What do the rest of you think??

• Like 6

I honestly try to treat it as I would any gift to a friend and try to go over and above when I can. Doesn’t matter to me whether I happen to have seen (or otherwise know) that it might be the only gift someone might be getting. Honestly, the SS is often the only actual “gift” I open on Christmas Day but it’s only because dad and I long ago switched to just swapping GC’s to places we love so we have excuses to shop there. lol

Edited to add: Good thought, though. I’ll be curious to see what other’s thoughts are. [emoji4][emoji106]

Edited by wittenlover
  • Like 2

Mom and I are sitting on her couch right now watching "Holiday Inn" with mom opening a box of fudge covered Ritz crackers and eating Almond Rocca when behold .....there is a knock at the door! IT'S THE POSTMAN!! BEARING GIFTS!!

Mom happily opened her box and what is there?!? ......COFFEE CAKES! Boy is she happy! Like her prayers for junk food had just been answered!

Kash! What a thoughtful surprise! I can't tell you how touched I am that you would bless my mom with the perfect surprise. Thank you so much! It's just the type of thing that makes her day! Thank you for bringing some Christmas cheer to our afternoon! [][][][]

My pleasure!! I love those little things. Thought she would enjoy them too.

Hey Bopeep!

I was thinking.....how about adding another question to the secret santa questionaire. Something along the lines of "will this secret santa gift be your main Christmas gift this year?". I've noticed in years past, and even this year, that for some of us, for whatever the circumstances, this is the only thing some of us will be opening on Christmas.

I don't mean the question to invoke pity from others, I certainly don't feel sorry for myself. I enjoy the companionship and the fun that this group has developed in today's over the years. But maybe knowing that the secret santa gift is the main (only) gift that person will receive may inspire the giver to make sure the gift is wrapped or perhaps to buy 1 nicer $10 item rather than a few smaller ones (or even the other way around). Or maybe come up with something fun like wrapping the gift inside 3 or 4 boxes. (Heh heh heh)

I only bring it up because if I receive a name of someone like Tracy0504, (Sorry if I put you on the spot Tracy0504), I would want to put more thoughtful thought into the gift (s).

What do the rest of you think??

I think that would be a great additional question. I know I buy as if it is the only gift. Because one year mine in here was for me... so good question.

• Like 1

Everything has been delivered, with the exception of 2 SS packages. Both of them show "in transit" in USPS tracking.  Hopefully they arrive in the next day or so. One of them was shipped on the 7th!  I have PM'd both recipients to let them know what's going on.

Almost everyone has let us know they've received their packages. Thank you so much for that! It makes my job so much easier :).

• Like 6

Everything has been delivered, with the exception of 2 SS packages. Both of them show "in transit" in USPS tracking.  Hopefully they arrive in the next day or so. One of them was shipped on the 7th!  I have PM'd both recipients to let them know what's going on.

Almost everyone has let us know they've received their packages. Thank you so much for that! It makes my job so much easier :).

Thank you for putting this together

• Like 1