Secret Santa 2019 Official Discussion Thread

Bopeep

All the names are out.  If I missed you, or if I messed up in anyway, please let me know ASAP!

PLEASE be sure to post here when you receive your gifts, even if you are waiting to open them.

I can't wait to see everyone's goodies rolling in.

Have FUN!

• Like 4

lol .. i got the list , got excited ,i tried to get an early start.and started doing the christmas cards....LOL.. and i lost them.. i bet i put them in a box of presents i was also wrapping. oh well from now on i don't do 2 things at once.lol .. and i will find them the next day i wrap

• Like 6

Dear Secret Santa

I am very sorry, but I need to make some changes on my list of wants and needs for the year.  I went to work one day a week ago and the CNA (nurses aide) brought in a litter of kittens for the patients to enjoy. (pet therapy you know).  The kittens came from a rescue cat she was adopting.  But she did not want all of the kittens.  And so 4 of us went home with kittens that night.

This is my new kitten.  His name is Rotten Little Devil Cat.  (Which is better then the name the CNA had given him -- "Trouble")

Here is Rotten Little Devil Cat's picture.

100_1919_zpsudsouunv.jpg

So here is my revised list:

1) Neosporin & bandages - because he thinks I am a tree that he can climb

2) and while you are at it...A sturdy tree - because he needs something to climb

3) Some kitty Xanax or Ativan - because my 2 blind Siamese are close to having a nervous breakdown with him scampering around and jumping on every thing

4) A sturdy fish net - so I can catch the little bugger

5) a gift card or gift certificates to a local mental health center -  because I think I need my head examined for adopting this critter. (Reinholt1sMom has already banned him from visiting her again.  "He's got claws and teeth!"  (That was after the 3rd time he climbed up her leg.)

6) Kitten toys to distract him - he plays with everything but he is showing a preference for those mylar like crinkle balls and anything that makes crinkly plastic bag sounds.

Thank you so much for understanding Secret Santa.  By the way, there will be no christmas tree to put your gifts under this year. (See #2 above) So just leave them by the door.  Hopefully I can get to them before the kitten does.

post-2167-0-85789700-1575420990_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 10

Congratulations on the new kitten Reinholt1! He's adorable!

A word of advice (if you've never had a kitten) - get him used to nail clipping early. I just use a normal "human" nail clipper on my kitties, taking off just the very tip of each claw. Start by just handling each paw (no clipping) so he gets used to the feel of it. Once he's used to it, just do one paw at a time with the clipping unless he's chill enough to do more than one at a time. This is usually easiest when they're tired/sleepy but not always. :)

• Like 1

\

A word of advice (if you've never had a kitten) - get him used to nail clipping early. I just use a normal "human" nail clipper on my kitties, taking off just the very tip of each claw. Start by just handling each paw (no clipping) so he gets used to the feel of it. Once he's used to it, just do one paw at a time with the clip This is usually easiest when they're tired/sleepy but not always. :)

LOL!  What do you think the fish net is for?!?!

I have had DOZENS of kittens over the years. Every once and a while, you get on that is .... um.... a little crazy.  

The moral of my story is:

#1  When a co-worker shows up at work with a litter of rescue kittens that need a home - turn and run away quickly!

#2  If she catches you (because you have to admit that you are starting to... maybe ....get old and have a bad knee)  don't take the kitten the foster family has named "Trouble"!!

Question.....does anyone have any ideas on a better way to post photos??  The picture of the kitten looks OK on my tablet.  But on the computer, it's blurry and has a photobucket stamp on his rotten little devil face.

Edited by Reinholt1
  • Like 1

Question.....does anyone have any ideas on a better way to post photos??  The picture of the kitten looks OK on my tablet.  But on the computer, it's blurry and has a photobucket stamp on his rotten little devil face.

I've started using imgur instead of photobucket.  It took me forever to figure out which link to use to post the photo, but once I did the photo is clearer and no photobucket logo across the middle.

lol .. i got the list , got excited ,i tried to get an early start.and started doing the christmas cards....LOL.. and i lost them.. i bet i put them in a box of presents i was also wrapping. oh well from now on i don't do 2 things at once.lol .. and i will find them the next day i wrap

UNREAL .. after searching  the boxes, i asked my son to check the boxes i sent up to be put away for project graduation prizes.. and he says" ohh , i MAILED them! " WTF  you guys wont mind but the family/friends i had done will never let me live down this lol.  but now to find out if he actually did .. lol funny thing when i ASK him to mail things i double check and have to make sure he does.. lol i guess i cant be to upset he was trying to help. 

Edited by stevierocks
  • Like 5

Sadly one of my flights home has been delayed but I’m trying to make the best of it by brainstorming and researching ideas for my secret Santa. My goal is to have all my shopping done Thanksgiving weekend.

On a side note, keep your fingers crossed that we are able to make our connection home. This was already going to be 30 hours of travel without a delay and I’m whooped.

• Like 2

Sadly one of my flights home has been delayed but I’m trying to make the best of it by brainstorming and researching ideas for my secret Santa. My goal is to have all my shopping done Thanksgiving weekend.

On a side note, keep your fingers crossed that we are able to make our connection home. This was already going to be 30 hours of travel without a delay and I’m whooped.

Good luck to you!  

I bought my first SS gift yesterday and like you, hope to be done with all my shopping next weekend.  I’m already over the store crowds!  Lol

• Like 3

My grandsons' football team got to play in Dallas Stadium this weekend, so while we were down there we went to a giant Christmas store. I looked around to get my ornament exchange person something, but really the ornaments were the same as I could find locally for a third of the price.

It was a cool place though. If you're ever in Arlington, you should stop at Decorator's Warehouse, just to look. :)

I got your card a few days ago in the mail. :trampolin  thank you

UNREAL .. after searching  the boxes, i asked my son to check the boxes i sent up to be put away for project graduation prizes.. and he says" ohh , i MAILED them! " WTF  you guys wont mind but the family/friends i had done will never let me live down this lol.  but now to find out if he actually did .. lol funny thing when i ASK him to mail things i double check and have to make sure he does.. lol i guess i cant be to upset he was trying to help. 

• Like 3