Secret Santa 2019 Official Discussion Thread

Bopeep

Everyone has received, but 1.  I feel awful, but I don't know what to do to fix it.  The package was shipped on time, but it seems to be hung up at the post office. Fingers crossed that it is delivered tomorrow or Tuesday!

• Like 2

Oh goodness! Hope it isn't lost. Had a package I shipped via FedEx go into temporary limbo over the weekend but, thankfully, it had just missed a scan. It was enough to give me a minor heart attack for about 24 hours, though, so I understand how much this must be bugging you (and the sender), Bopeep. Fingers crossed the last package is freed from whatever limbo it's in before Christmas!

I opened my SS box just now to lift my spirits. Because, real talk, waking up alone on Christmas year after year with no special someone to share it with, no matter how much I know I am loved by family and friends, is one of the loneliest feelings for me and I struggle some years more than others.

That said, thank you so much, SS. I (and my kitties) love everything we found in the box. Cheerful wrapping paper greeted me when I cut the box open. Inside that cheerful wrapping, I found wonderful gifts for my kitties and I. Peppermint B&BW treats for me in various forms, a cat dancer and a big box of my kitties’ very favorite flavor of Temptations treats. The kitties also told me to thank you for giving them a new box to play and nap in. Mew (tortie girl) and Hodges (gray and white boy) both immediately tested it for fit. [emoji4]

I’ll be headed out in a short while after I bake up a little something to take with me to meet up with my dad at his (as he calls her) “lady friend’s” place for a late Christmas lunch/early dinner around 3. (Dad and I are responsible for dessert.) No idea how I’ll be spending the rest of the day. Thinking maybe a movie at the theater to occupy my time.

1b618ede8c1a0c679de7bf0da9d53561.jpga12574fdad7191e6d054488d3ba72e4d.jpgf2efc6dd28d39ee6183ccb1e300dcfe8.jpge177367aaa064e975498263a60917722.jpgbe7b42d93ebcb8f3d24d5fc1e83b3b9e.jpg

• Like 9

I am so thankful for my SS. I got a personalized bottle, Panthers Ornament and Bag of candy. It is wonderful to have something just for ME!!! My daughters takes all of my stuff, but now I have my own bottle with MY NAME on it so I made it clear this is MINE and ONLY MINE.....I wonder how long it will last, but none the less THANK YOU SO MUCH. I LOVE IT. 

• Like 7

Well, it's breaking protocol but I know BoPeep will post the secret santa list any time now....and I have been chomping at the bit to say this.....

You are very welcome Wittenlover. I am glad the kitties found the box so quickly. My cat Samurai picked it out herself for your kitties out of the three I put out for sizing fit. She and rotten little devil cat lay in there making sure it was a perfect kitty fit and getting their kitty scent all over it while I wrapped. I knew it would be your kitties favorite. I wanted to tell you 2 weeks ago to take the gifts out because I had sent that particular box for your kitties!

I am glad you like your gifts. I was so excited when I saw I drew your name. I wanted to put more thought into it, but with mom breaking her arm, I have been living with her for weeks now. I had to go with "easy". I hope you enjoyed your day with dad and saw a good movie. Lots of good ones out there right now. Maybe we can meet for a movie ourselves one of these day. Thanks for the kitty pics. They are great! Merry Christmas!

• Like 4

Well, it's breaking protocol but I know BoPeep will post the secret santa list any time now....and I have been chomping at the bit to say this.....

You are very welcome Wittenlover. I am glad the kitties found the box so quickly. My cat Samurai picked it out herself for your kitties out of the three I put out for sizing fit. She and rotten little devil cat lay in there making sure it was a perfect kitty fit and getting their kitty scent all over it while I wrapped. I knew it would be your kitties favorite. I wanted to tell you 2 weeks ago to take the gifts out because I had sent that particular box for your kitties!

I am glad you like your gifts. I was so excited when I saw I drew your name. I wanted to put more thought into it, but with mom breaking her arm, I have been living with her for weeks now. I had to go with "easy". I hope you enjoyed your day with dad and saw a good movie. Lots of good ones out there right now. Maybe we can meet for a movie ourselves one of these day. Thanks for the kitty pics. They are great! Merry Christmas!

I’d like that, my friend. Would be fun to meet a fellow GD’er in person! [emoji4][emoji106]

• Like 2

Oh yeah!....go to the movies while we are all sitting here on pins and needles waiting to see who our secret Santa's are! I can see that BoPeep is starting the new 365 day count down on Santa's naughty list!

::ducking quickly before BoPeep thwaps me::

*makes popcorn to watch thwapping session as soon as Bopeep gets out of her movie* 

:g_laughin  :2popcorn:

• Like 4

Thank you secret Santa for the gingerbread themed kitchen towel sets and decor! They are so cute I almost don’t want to use the towels and scrubber for fear they will get dirty [emoji3] The mug is already being put to use for a nice cup of tea as I wind down for the evening. I hope you have a very merry Christmas and that Santa has been very good to you too.post-210265-157732580862_thumb.jpg
  • Like 5

OK, I'm home. Don't hate me. LOL

Seriously, I went to my mom's today, and actually took the ipad with me so I could do this, but then never even got it out of the truck.

So, here it is.  The list of names you've all been waiting for. Drum roll please...

Secret Santa:

nafcmf gave to Sunni0913

cjdav gave to Reinholt1

Sunni0913 gave to Reinholt1sMom

Coastiwife to Ilikefree

LainieB to Tyreejames

Kash to Pepper_Mint_Tea

HanShotFirst to Atipton129

princez916 to HanShotFirst

angelbabymommy to cjdav

tyreejames to Colemandawn4904

BFAddict to Gatorburg

Gatorburg to IllinoisMom

ilikefree to Jenndeere

WillandMel to LainieB

SBaldasare to Princez916

HillbillysWife to SBaldasare

JennA to WillAndMel

Jstluvem to AngelBabyMommy

WittenLover to HillbillysWife

YTMomof4 to JesusLuvU

Pepper_Mint_Tea to MsYves

BoPeep to nafcmf

JenDeere to StevieRocks

BudgetsRSexy to Tracy0504

Tracy0504 to BoPeep

ColemanDawn4904 to JennA

MsYves to Coastiwife

Reinholt1 to WittenLover

JesusLuvU to BFAddict716

IllinoisMom to BudgetsRSexy

Reinholt1sMom to YTMomof4

StevieRocks to Jstluvem

ATipton to Kash

ORNAMENTS:

nafcmf to ColemanDawn4904

princez916 to nafcmf

Sunni0913 to BoPeep

HillBillysWife to Princez916

Coastiwife to Pepper_Mint_Tea

BFAddict to Jstluvem

Jstluvem to WillandMel

Pepper_Mint_Tea to Sunni0913

BoPeep to Coastiwife

ColemanDawn4904 to BFAddict716

JesusLuvU to HillbillysWife

Thank you all so much for making this so much fun every year! I am so proud and happy to be a part of this community.  Merry Christmas! Happy Hanukkah!  Happy Kwanzaa! Happy Holidays, whatever they may be, may they bring you peace and happiness!

Tracy0504 and Sunni0913, thank you so much for my gifts and ornaments! I LOVED THEM!

To the one person that did not receive your package - Please let me know if the post office does not find it. One way or another, we will make it right.

• Like 5

Thank you so much cjdav and Sunni0913 for our gifts! They really brightened our day. Mom has long ago eaten all her goodies. Which tells you how happy she was to receive them. She still has 1/2 of the coconuts chapstick left though. She is enjoying that!

Cjdav, I am so sorry but I have not yet opened my gifts. I know 1/2 the fun is seeing the person's reaction. But my box is at home and I am stuck at mom's. She will not follow directions and does what she wants. (Like twisting on the toilet and pulling on the counter with her good arm to get off the toilet.) She is a fall risk until we get this dumb cast off. I will try to get them open when I can. But thank you again. The kitten loves the toys and that is good enough for me right now.

• Like 2

Thank you so much cjdav and Sunni0913 for our gifts! They really brightened our day. Mom has long ago eaten all her goodies. Which tells you how happy she was to receive them. She still has 1/2 of the coconuts chapstick left though. She is enjoying that!

Cjdav, I am so sorry but I have not yet opened my gifts. I know 1/2 the fun is seeing the person's reaction. But my box is at home and I am stuck at mom's. She will not follow directions and does what she wants. (Like twisting on the toilet and pulling on the counter with her good arm to get off the toilet.) She is a fall risk until we get this dumb cast off. I will try to get them open when I can. But thank you again. The kitten loves the toys and that is good enough for me right now.

That's good enough for me, too!  Take care of your mom.  She's lucky to have you!

• Like 2

Thank you BoPeep for my secret santa gift. I am wearing my slipper socks now. Thank you princez916 for the beautiful ornament. I loved all the gifts I received this year. Can't wait till next year. Edited by nafcmf
  • Like 3

Hey Bopeep!

I was thinking.....how about adding another question to the secret santa questionaire. Something along the lines of "will this secret santa gift be your main Christmas gift this year?". I've noticed in years past, and even this year, that for some of us, for whatever the circumstances, this is the only thing some of us will be opening on Christmas.

I don't mean the question to invoke pity from others, I certainly don't feel sorry for myself. I enjoy the companionship and the fun that this group has developed in today's over the years. But maybe knowing that the secret santa gift is the main (only) gift that person will receive may inspire the giver to make sure the gift is wrapped or perhaps to buy 1 nicer $10 item rather than a few smaller ones (or even the other way around). Or maybe come up with something fun like wrapping the gift inside 3 or 4 boxes. (Heh heh heh)

I only bring it up because if I receive a name of someone like Tracy0504, (Sorry if I put you on the spot Tracy0504), I would want to put more thoughtful thought into the gift (s).

What do the rest of you think??

No problemo...I think this is a great idea... I know the minimum amount is low and that's fair, but when I'm shopping I try and follow a theme and get a few gifts within the theme based off of the questions and most often than not what's in the back of my mind is "what if this is the only gift this person will get this year"...
  • Like 1