Secret Santa 2019 Official Discussion Thread

Bopeep

I've heard from almost everyone with tracking #s or plans to ship. Several of us will be shipping early this coming week.

Please please please be sure to let us know when you receive, even if you don't open right away.  

Package shipped and tracking number sent. I didn’t think I’d make the deadline as my turtle passed away last night and I’ve been a mess, but wrapping and packaging gave me a much needed distraction.
Thanks for running this Bopeep and thank you to all the lovely people who participate. You all make people’s holidays brighter when some need it most.

I'm so sorry. 

• Like 3

I received my package this morning. My SS was awesome!!! Thank you so much! I hope my SS recipient is as thrilled with her gifts as I was!

Thank you BoPeep for running this. This was my first year participating in SS and I had so much fun shopping and looking for the perfect gifts!

• Like 2

6urvNlDCame home from a very long and very busy 12-hour workday today to my SS gift at the front door!  Who knew USPS would deliver today.  Anywho, I found some wonderful surprises inside and I couldn't be happier.  I got a John Grisham book I havent' read yet (yahoo), a Hallmark Keepsake Ornament of a snowman singing Elvis' Blue Christmas (snowmen and Elvis are 2 of my favorite things) and then a host of my 3rd favorite thing....Harry Potter jewelry charms!  Thank you so so much Secret Santa!!!!!  

post-198328-0-14802200-1575855236_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Package shipped and tracking number sent. I didn’t think I’d make the deadline as my turtle passed away last night and I’ve been a mess, but wrapping and packaging gave me a much needed distraction.

Thanks for running this Bopeep and thank you to all the lovely people who participate. You all make people’s holidays brighter when some need it most.

Sorry to hear about your turtle.  I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a pet.  

• Like 2

So, I sat down with my iPad Saturday evening and did all the updates on my exchange spreadsheet.  I keep the spreadsheet in Dropbox, and when I got into it this morning at work (don't judge me :)), none of the updates are there! UGH. I don't know if I didn't save, or if it's because I don't have "real" Microsoft Excel on the iPad. I'm glad I keep all the messages.

• Like 1

Received both my ssn and my oe exchange. Of course my kids couldn't wait to open them. Both of my exchange people were generous to both me and my girls. I love everything. My OE got me an adorable sledgehammer ornament and a llama cup and my 3 girls a cup with hot cocoa for themselves. My SS got me wonderful comfy socks, a pickle ornament, a picture, my absolute fav tea and kitchen set. my girls were spoiled with a elf hat for each. Both blessed me with my fav gummy bears which I already broke into. Thanks so muchpost-31207-15759347219898_thumb.jpegpost-31207-15759347304086_thumb.jpegpost-31207-1575934738134_thumb.jpegpost-31207-15759347477089_thumb.jpeg
  • Like 7

Got my Ornament exchange a week or so ago but didn’t have time to post! Thank u so much for the piggy ornament and the box included the cutest Grinch scarf ever! Everyone who sees the scarf wants it!

I got my secret Santa today. I love everything in it. The lotion smells so good, the light up snowman is so cute, and of course the books and candy will keep me busy! The blanket is so soft. I love it all.

Awesome gifts. Thank u so much. bdc86b552180feafa650e81195981b74.jpgeb42a4e318951a9e6c37b618b9e768ea.jpg

Edited by colemandawn4905
  • Like 6

I am so sorry! Many of us have beloved pets and we all know the suffering of missing a beloved family member. Can you tell us about your turtle? How old was s/he? What kind of turtle? How did you come by him/her? What was his favorite snack? Do you have a picture? I for one would love to hear about him/her.

• Like 3

Got mom and my packages wrapped and out today. Saw my box from my Secret Santa and noticed 2nd day priority on it. YIPES!!! And I did ask for local goodies too. I quickly cut it open to see if there was anything perishable inside. Fortunately, no. (Whew) but there were lots and lots of kitty treats and kitten toys! Oh boy! Thank you secret santa! I threw a crinkle ball and the jingle bell ball to the rotten little devil cat and boy was he happy. It helped to keep him occupied while I wrapped my secret Santa gifts and get them in the mail!

I saw Reeses and other wrapped gifts. Holy cow! You really went overboard! Thank you so much! I am going to wait until Christmas to open them though. Still hoping to find a fishing net in one of these packages.

Update on mom. She has 4 twinkies left. And 2 cookies in her tin. That's all. Her aide was laughing as mom set the twinkies up in a row for tomorrow morning - admonishing both of us to not touch them. Her aide said every time she looked at mom today she was eating chocolate or a twinkie. (Mom still has a few Ferro Roche and Almond Rocca left from her birthday.)

Mom is loving the Christmas cards again this year. We have received 7 so far. She loves seeing which state they are from. She thinks they are all beautiful. We have them all hanging up. Thank you to everyone who has sent her a card!

We see the orthopedic surgeon on Thursday. We will find out if mom will have to have 2 plates put in her arm or not. Keep her in prayer. Not that I want surgery for mom, but on the other hand we can get rid of the cast and her arm will heal stronger/faster. Not sure what to hope for at this point.

• Like 6

I have to admit, I am very impressed with all the gifts sent so far this year. I know we say a $10 minimum and that we do this just for fun.. but clearly we've become a close knit community and everyone is so thoughtful and generous with one another. It's so nice to be apart of a group of such wonderful people! God bless you all for your kind hearts!
  • Like 6

I am so sorry! Many of us have beloved pets and we all know the suffering of missing a beloved family member. Can you tell us about your turtle? How old was s/he? What kind of turtle? How did you come by him/her? What was his favorite snack? Do you have a picture? I for one would love to hear about him/her.

This the first pet I’ve ever lost so its hit especially hard. Zeus was a Borneo leaf turtle, who was actually a girl but no one knew that when I got him so I had been calling Zeus a “he” for roughly 10 years before I could figure out that I was wrong (it is very hard to determine the gender of many species of turtles by sight) and I never could switch back to she. My mom is allergic to fur and dander so we couldn’t have most pets growing up, though my sister had fish occasionally. In 4th grade I fell in love with turtles and I received Zeus as a surprise present for my 10th birthday. I had the joy of his company for just shy of 29 years. He was a very picky eater but he would do just about anything for a nice ripe strawberry. Many people (not my family, husband or good friends though) seem to find it odd that I’m so broken up over a turtle, I guess they don’t think it’s an easy animal to bond with, maybe since you can’t cuddle them, but he had such a personality and he definitely knew me from every one else. He would come out of his shell to listen to me talk and he would even eat out of my hand. In nice weather I would take him out and let him wander the back yard and get some fresh air and sunlight while I read a book on a blanket. The only things that have been a part of my life longer than Zeus are my parents and sister, that’s literally it.

This week I’ve been extra thankful that my relationship with my husband brought his handsome dog Oreo into my life as he has been a source of comfort since losing Zeus. Thank you so much Reinholt1 for asking about Zeus, talking about him just now actually helped just a little.

Thanks everyone also for letting me hijack this thread temporarily too. I just love how wonderful and caring all the people are on this forum. Im reminded regularly how glad I am to have found this GD family. I promise to let the thread get back to its regularly scheduled programming of happy thoughts and fun surprises though. Blessings to you all.

Edited by budgetsRsexy
  • Like 11

Oh my.... I am a bad elf..... I have been so busy, but I do have my packages completed....now getting to the post office is another story. Traffic is horrendous. I would leave on my porch but we are having a string of porch thefts this year and everyone is talking about not leaving anything on your porch. Never had an issue in my area but just to be safe..... So I am going to try and make it on my lunch break tomorrow or asking my neighbor who will most likely interrogate me on why I need her to hand it to the post man... Like lady you have none me since I was a kid, just hand it to him. I love her to death but she is a serious little lady. Well enough of that. I am on it and it will be in the mailed this week. 

• Like 5

Not everyone has shipped just yet, but I have heard from all but 1.  I do hope she is okay, and just busy.  The good news is, once again it doesn't look like we will need any elves to step up this year :).  

Just my nagging reminder - PLEASE let us know when you receive your package.  Save me the time of tracking it, please :).

• Like 2

This the first pet I’ve ever lost so its hit especially hard. Zeus was a Borneo leaf turtle, who was actually a girl but no one knew that when I got him so I had been calling Zeus a “he” for roughly 10 years before I could figure out that I was wrong (it is very hard to determine the gender of many species of turtles by sight) and I never could switch back to she. My mom is allergic to fur and dander so we couldn’t have most pets growing up, though my sister had fish occasionally. In 4th grade I fell in love with turtles and I received Zeus as a surprise present for my 10th birthday. I had the joy of his company for just shy of 29 years. He was a very picky eater but he would do just about anything for a nice ripe strawberry. Many people (not my family, husband or good friends though) seem to find it odd that I’m so broken up over a turtle, I guess they don’t think it’s an easy animal to bond with, maybe since you can’t cuddle them, but he had such a personality and he definitely knew me from every one else. He would come out of his shell to listen to me talk and he would even eat out of my hand. In nice weather I would take him out and let him wander the back yard and get some fresh air and sunlight while I read a book on a blanket. The only things that have been a part of my life longer than Zeus are my parents and sister, that’s literally it.

This week I’ve been extra thankful that my relationship with my husband brought his handsome dog Oreo into my life as he has been a source of comfort since losing Zeus. Thank you so much Reinholt1 for asking about Zeus, talking about him just now actually helped just a little.

Thanks everyone also for letting me hijack this thread temporarily too. I just love how wonderful and caring all the people are on this forum. Im reminded regularly how glad I am to have found this GD family. I promise to let the thread get back to its regularly scheduled programming of happy thoughts and fun surprises though. Blessings to you all.

Wow. Zeus was a very special pet. It's extra hard when you have to say good bye to a childhood companion to boot. It's like loosing part of your childhood as well as a beloved pet. He sound extra special. I hope she has many yummy strawberries in his new life. I never heard of a borneo leaf turtle before...so I looked up a picture. What an unusual shell shape and markings! Zeus must have been a very pretty turtle. I believe you when you say Zeus knew who you are and prefered your company. Even reptiles know who takes care of them and loves them.

Thank you for telling us about Zeus. She sounds like a wonderful pet. And to live almost 30 years, is a testament to your great love and care!

• Like 5

I had a pet turtle growing up too because my dad was allergic to every other kind of animal. Turtles have their own unique personalities and you can definitely form a bond with one. I don’t think a lot of people would realize that if they haven’t owned one. My turtle loved when I talked to him. I’m so sorry to hear about Zeus. :(
  • Like 4

Got my Ornament exchange a week or so ago but didn’t have time to post! Thank u so much for the piggy ornament and the box included the cutest Grinch scarf ever! Everyone who sees the scarf wants it!

I got my secret Santa today. I love everything in it. The lotion smells so good, the light up snowman is so cute, and of course the books and candy will keep me busy! The blanket is so soft. I love it all.

Awesome gifts. Thank u so much. bdc86b552180feafa650e81195981b74.jpgeb42a4e318951a9e6c37b618b9e768ea.jpg

That pig is REALLY cute! I've stopped on that pic a couple times to see it.  

• Like 2