What's your Black Friday budget for this year?

magickallight

I don't generally budget for Black Friday either, but I usually have a good idea what I can get away with. This year the drawstrings are tighter than they've been in a long time, so I'm just hoping for some really good deals.

Likewise... Luckily not much I'm looking for this year. Had some unexpected bills that have really put a dent in my "fun money", almost to the point of non-existence. Oof.

• Like 1

Between my bilateral mastectomy in June of 2018, my DIEP FLAP reconstructive surgery in January of this year, and complications from the reconstructive surgery and first revision, I have barely worked these past 15 months and my credit cards are way over spent. Unfortunately, I'm getting by by making minimum payments for now, and paying the interest for doing so.

That said, I'll still shop for my loved ones. But gifts will probably be more focused on novelty tee shirts and the like this year. I've finally returned to working, but since I work as a clerical sub for a couple of school districts, it's only per diem with no benefits. Hopefully, I'll be able to start catching up by making double payments starting around the New Year.

Edited by Gator Pam
  • Like 5

I have a general Christmas budget (like a certain amount of money per person I’m shopping for) that I try to stick to, Black Friday or otherwise. Of course some people end up over, and others end up under due to great BF deals, but it all tends to balance out. I find this easier than an overall budget because it helps me keep track of what I’m spending per person.

As for the items I buy for myself/household stuff, I don’t really have a budget for that. If I see something I want/need for way cheaper than normal, I just go for it. And for the stuff I buy on BF every year (cat litter!), I don’t spend money on it all year except for on BF so everything balances out.

• Like 2

I have a general Christmas budget (like a certain amount of money per person I’m shopping for) that I try to stick to, Black Friday or otherwise. Of course some people end up over, and others end up under due to great BF deals, but it all tends to balance out. I find this easier than an overall budget because it helps me keep track of what I’m spending per person.

As for the items I buy for myself/household stuff, I don’t really have a budget for that. If I see something I want/need for way cheaper than normal, I just go for it. And for the stuff I buy on BF every year (cat litter!), I don’t spend money on it all year except for on BF so everything balances out.

Same.  I have a price range for each person that I buy gifts for, but on BF I tend to buy a lot of household items.  I don't stick to a budget specifically for BF.

My stress level just went through the roof as I was unexpectedly terminated from my job so I was like well there goes Christmas. Applied for unemployment n was checking indeed I swear almost hourly. Got a call not even a week after my termination and I started today. God may close a door but he opened a window.
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...