Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

GameStop to close up to 200 stores

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,465 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Sep 11, 2019 - 3:46 am

https://www.usatoday...res/2279343001/

#2 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,611 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 11, 2019 - 5:14 am

Just finished reading this. I'm not sure why everyone is so gaga over consoles having the games installed on them. I for one hate the idea. The drivers can only hold so many games and keep getting larger and larger. It still takes a long time to download and then install a game. I can't go and rent a game to try it out before I buy it.

#3 berry1014  OFFLINE  

berry1014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 11, 2019 - 6:40 am

The only gamestop near me is in the mall and they are always busy

Edited by berry1014, Sep 11, 2019 - 10:34 am.

#4 rockpzazz  OFFLINE  

rockpzazz

Master Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 11, 2019 - 9:53 am

After having on online order problem with Gamestop a few years ago I haven't shopped online since.  I don't go near the stores all that much last few years, but didn't find much the last few times I went anyways.  That's on me though since I still use a xbox 360 and don't plan to upgrade to a newer console.  I hardly play games much these days.  Maybe if they made a new NCAA football game I'd reconsider.

MIZ! ZOU!

Kansas City Royals fan since birth.  Even the bad years!

#5 jaymacfla  OFFLINE  

jaymacfla

President, Black Friday Vacationers

• 1,818 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 12, 2019 - 9:55 am

Never been a fan of theirs, especially their disdain for the PC gaming community.

#6 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,449 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 12, 2019 - 12:00 pm

Dang, I love there black friday deal when you get a refurb unit for free. I do it every year. You buy it and then get a rebate for the full price. 

#7 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,611 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 13, 2019 - 3:52 am

After having on online order problem with Gamestop a few years ago I haven't shopped online since. I don't go near the stores all that much last few years, but didn't find much the last few times I went anyways. That's on me though since I still use a xbox 360 and don't plan to upgrade to a newer console. I hardly play games much these days. Maybe if they made a new NCAA football game I'd reconsider.

So from my understanding it’s being worked on. It stopped because of lawsuits over the use of names, images and likenesses. The NCAA has a committee looking into how to compensate all of the athletes for the use of these moving forward. EA has already said they would be interested in making the game again if they can get this worked out. My guess is look for a new game next year or the following.

#8 rockpzazz  OFFLINE  

rockpzazz

Master Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 13, 2019 - 11:12 am

So from my understanding it’s being worked on. It stopped because of lawsuits over the use of names, images and likenesses. The NCAA has a committee looking into how to compensate all of the athletes for the use of these moving forward. EA has already said they would be interested in making the game again if they can get this worked out. My guess is look for a new game next year or the following.

Yeah, I've kept my eye on it some.  By then I'm not sure how much I'd play consoles but I'd be glad if they made it again.  If the NCAA works it out, I'd also like to see a return of the basketball series.

MIZ! ZOU!

Kansas City Royals fan since birth.  Even the bad years!

#9 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,611 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 13, 2019 - 11:51 am

Yeah, I've kept my eye on it some.  By then I'm not sure how much I'd play consoles but I'd be glad if they made it again.  If the NCAA works it out, I'd also like to see a return of the basketball series.

What I read was that wasn't making money but football was.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users