GameStop to close up to 200 stores

Brad

Just finished reading this. I'm not sure why everyone is so gaga over consoles having the games installed on them. I for one hate the idea. The drivers can only hold so many games and keep getting larger and larger. It still takes a long time to download and then install a game. I can't go and rent a game to try it out before I buy it.

• Like 2

After having on online order problem with Gamestop a few years ago I haven't shopped online since.  I don't go near the stores all that much last few years, but didn't find much the last few times I went anyways.  That's on me though since I still use a xbox 360 and don't plan to upgrade to a newer console.  I hardly play games much these days.  Maybe if they made a new NCAA football game I'd reconsider.

After having on online order problem with Gamestop a few years ago I haven't shopped online since. I don't go near the stores all that much last few years, but didn't find much the last few times I went anyways. That's on me though since I still use a xbox 360 and don't plan to upgrade to a newer console. I hardly play games much these days. Maybe if they made a new NCAA football game I'd reconsider.

So from my understanding it’s being worked on. It stopped because of lawsuits over the use of names, images and likenesses. The NCAA has a committee looking into how to compensate all of the athletes for the use of these moving forward. EA has already said they would be interested in making the game again if they can get this worked out. My guess is look for a new game next year or the following.
  • Like 1

So from my understanding it’s being worked on. It stopped because of lawsuits over the use of names, images and likenesses. The NCAA has a committee looking into how to compensate all of the athletes for the use of these moving forward. EA has already said they would be interested in making the game again if they can get this worked out. My guess is look for a new game next year or the following.

Yeah, I've kept my eye on it some.  By then I'm not sure how much I'd play consoles but I'd be glad if they made it again.  If the NCAA works it out, I'd also like to see a return of the basketball series.

Yeah, I've kept my eye on it some.  By then I'm not sure how much I'd play consoles but I'd be glad if they made it again.  If the NCAA works it out, I'd also like to see a return of the basketball series.

What I read was that wasn't making money but football was.

• Like 1