When do you start decorating for Fall?

magickallight

I usually put up fall decorations the week after Labor Day (possibly will do it later today) and then Christmas stuff the first or second week of November depending on how busy the site keeps me.

With Thanksgiving falling on the latest possible date this year, there's less than 4 weeks between TG and Christmas for those who usually wait until after TG to decorate for Christmas.

I don't really do much Halloween decoration besides changing the color of the Hue lights outside a week or two before Halloween.

• Like 3

I don't decorate for fall.  I wish I did, but I just don't get motivated.  I used to decorate for Halloween, when my kids were little. But I live at the end of a dead end road, on the very edge of town, so no one ever comes by my house to see it anyway.  

Christmas is a different story.  I will start decorating for Christmas around mid-November.  I may be the only one that sees it, but it's all for me anyway :).

• Like 4

I am in remodeling mode right now with my office - but hope to be able to put out all of my fall decor by Sept. 23rd (the first true day of fall). I don't really decorate for Halloween since our kids are grown and gone and we live so far out in the country that we don't get any kids coming to our door.  But fall - I LOVE to decorate for - and it lets me know that Christmas is right around the corner. :)

• Like 1

Even though it's still hot as hades here I did my fall decorating yesterday.  I still need a few things so today I'm going to run to Michaels and hopefully take advantage of their coupon for today.  I don't usually do any Halloween except for the front door and door mat, and usually just that for the week of.  Christmas will go up early November, especially since Thanksgiving is so late this year, hence fall being put up so early.  I like to enjoy my stuff for several weeks before it's time to put it away.  :)

• Like 2

Every year I have such good intentions, and say "this is the year!" Maybe this year will be it! I'll do it towards the end of September. I have fall table settings I'll leave out until Thanksgiving.

My kids are all grown now too, so I dont do a lot for Halloween. I wouldnt mind, just never get motivated. Usually I'm rummaging around in the halloween box when I get home from work on halloween to find the lighted pumpkins and candy bowl!

• Like 1

Fall gets put up about 15 Sept....I have to do it early because by mid Oct DH is BEGGING AND WHINING to put up the holiday(xmas) decorations...I usually try to hold him off till at least mid Nov...notice how I said TRY.. I usually give in and put it up sooner...I'm such a wimp.

• Like 2

I got my pumpkin wreath on the front door - YAY me! ;)  Decorating is being held off by a home office redo - once the wallpaper goes up and the rug goes down I will get to drag out all my fall decor. I LOVE fall - so it is something I am looking forward to - and knowing it is coming is helping drive me to finish this office project. :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got fall stuff out this past weekend, hooray! Although I think I am missing a box. I haven't decorated my dining room in many years, so I was happy to finally do that again.

Halloween was pulled out of storage, and I'll probably do that in a couple more weeks.

• Like 1

Inside has been decorated for awhile now and today I finally put out my fall garden flag, front door hanging and door mat. That may be all I do outside this year. It’s still too hot and early to buy mums, I need new scarecrows and I don’t think I want to mess with pumpkins this year.
  • Like 3

Inside has been decorated for awhile now and today I finally put out my fall garden flag, front door hanging and door mat. That may be all I do outside this year. It’s still too hot and early to buy mums, I need new scarecrows and I don’t think I want to mess with pumpkins this year.

I bought fake pumpkins this year. There nice and have a picture/phrase in it. Hopefully they will hold up for a few years, but I do kind of already miss the real pumpkins.......

• Like 3

HAHA...this is SO me!!!

I don't decorate for fall.  I wish I did, but I just don't get motivated.  I used to decorate for Halloween, when my kids were little. But I live at the end of a dead end road, on the very edge of town, so no one ever comes by my house to see it anyway.  

Christmas is a different story.  I will start decorating for Christmas around mid-November.  I may be the only one that sees it, but it's all for me anyway :).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

not sure why, might be cause i was out of commission from surgery and a major burn,,,but  i have no motivation to decorate for fall this year. i hope i will for christmas .

I hope you're recovering (have recovered?) well!