Walmart layaway starting on September 1st this year

ytmomof4

When my kids were little I LIVED for layaways! Great way to keep the gifts hidden as well as let me pay weekly (the way I had to live WAY back then!) Now, with a big old house and lots of rooms and no kids living at home any longer - I have the room to shop year round for the ever growing family and save money that way.

I do like the FEEL of FALL that comes with layaways, though. ;)

• Like 2

it was so nice when layaway was year round, this crap of only a couple of months its just crazy.

layaway used to be so nice, do your layaway in the next month or so, go up on Black Friday and have them adjust all the prices on everything. no having to stand in lines to checkout after you tried to find everything since you already had it all on layaway lol of course that was also back when they didn't special sku everything to avoid that from happening

• Like 4

it was so nice when layaway was year round, this crap of only a couple of months its just crazy.

layaway used to be so nice, do your layaway in the next month or so, go up on Black Friday and have them adjust all the prices on everything. no having to stand in lines to checkout after you tried to find everything since you already had it all on layaway lol of course that was also back when they didn't special sku everything to avoid that from happening

Awwww YES - the GOOD old days! :)

• Like 1

When I was in school, I worked at Zayre's Department Store.  They had free, year round layaway.  They also gave 10% off rain check items, 10% employee discount, and an additional 10% off for employees before Christmas.  All year long, I bought out of stock sale items to get the rain check price, put them on layaway, and paid for everything just before Christmas for a cumulative discount of 27% off the sale price.  Zayre's was the first place I got a rebate and the only place I ever worked Thanksgiving. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I need to get there. Hubby has 2 small grandkids. Everyone else is older n wants cash so the little ones r still

Fun. My first grandbaby come in Jan but he may have something under the tree lol

I haven't started one yet, I was out of work for 3 weeks, but I think I may be able to start a layaway real soon...our last Kmart will be closing this December so no layaway there this year...

I miss Kmart layaway. I always put my Black Friday items there on layaway. Really helped to get what I needed. Then I could go to

Walmart n get there black Friday items that u couldn’t put on layaway

I’m with you guys! Miss Kmart layaway. The last 2 in my area close in mid-December. Everything is 10-30% off right now. I plan to go in once a week to keep an eye on the discounts as they get deeper. I can certainly use the pjs, sheets, towels and things like that for Christmas gifts.

Im sure I’ll start a Walmart layaway soon as I just asked my girls for their lists.

Edited by mommyofanangelb

• 5 weeks later...