Deal Request Thread

Brad

Although we have a dedicated board for these kinds of requests, I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread in the BF forum for our new visitors. We have a large number of elite deal seekers on this board who are willing to help you find great deals.

Basically, for those newcomers who may not be aware, there are a lot of similar deals that you can get right now online instead of waiting for BF to come around. Things like $30 DVD players, $99 home theater systems, $599 laptops, etc... can be ordered right now at various retailers.

So for those who are interested, reply to this thread with what you want AND what you want to spend. If we can find any matching deals online, we'll reply to your post. Simple as that :) Hopefully we can help some of you out and get a few things checked off your lists so you'll have less stores to hit on BF itself.

Anyone get me a good deal on a surround sound speaker sysetme or whatever they are called (LOL...nothing like being specific huh?)

I don't know what it is....Chris wants a surround sound system here in the living room and that is about all I know.

Do you have a DVD Player, VCR, Cable box, HDTV? Any of these will make a difference in your choices. If you want a DTS capable surround sound system you have to make sure your dvd player is DTS ready. YOu also need to make sure your TV has the right hookups < older tv's need special hookups for surround sound, newer ones don't>

Once you find out some of this info it will be easier to make a choice. Sears has a nice warranty program , I've had my reciever repaired 3 times < due to kids> and it didn't cost me a thing. How much are you looking to spend and how big is the room you want to put it in? I might be able to help :)

We have a DVD/VCR Combo and a cable box (Comcast on demand) The room would be the living room and is pretty much normal sized. I have no clue on how much to spend, I haven't done much research on Surround sounds so I am not really sure what the offers are and stuff like that. This is just my first phase, to see if I can't find a good deal and then see if I can get a BETTER deal.

Our TV is relatively new- maybe a year or so old....

Keebelf,

Here are some surround sound options at Amazon in order of price:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00009WC2J - $99 Shipped w/ DVD player

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002472IM - $224 Shipped

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00021ZVIS - $409 Shipped w/ DVD player

Also, a good idea is to check Target.com - using that 10% coupon and the fact that many models have free shipping means you can get some nice deals like these two:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_1/602-4389300-1897408?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B000093UR4

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=br_1_5/602-4389300-1897408?%5Fencoding=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B00021LZLU

The second one comes with DVD player. The first one doesn't and since you don't need one, is a nice deal at $179 shipped after coupon.

Again, if you can give us a better price range, that would help a lot.

Okay I'm going to recommend a pretty simple system to set up < surround sound setup can be a huge pain in the butt> Sony offers a really nice home theater in a box package for around 400.00. It's a pretty basic system , decent enough for the price as well.

If your looking for a lil higher quality Sony also offers the DVD dream system. These range in price depending on how much power you want LOL. They are very streamlined and easy to include into your room without taking up too much space. I do recommend the home theater in a box because everything is there for you already and pretty easy for setup.

You can pretty much decide how much you want to spend on a system and what kind of wuality you want. I know we have spent a few thousand on our system and our nieghbors hate us ROTFL but we get alot of use out it. If your not planning on watching alot of movies you may want to consider a cheaper system. If your hubby is the type who likes *big* toys then you might want to get a more expensive one. Most systems come with a dvd player so if you are happy with the one you have then look for one without. BF should have some pretty good deals on systems but I think 400-500 is pretty reasonable for a good one.

Take a look through bestbuy and amazon online to get an idea of prices and systems. I purchased our system piece by piece so I have a pretty good idea of whats out there. this is our second system we upgrade from a dolby reciever to a DTS one. I'm not sure how much this helps you but I think you will get a general idea on what to look for.

PS: if you go to a local store be careful I've had situations where I got home and needed extra cables, hookups etc.....that they forgot to tell me about. Too many salles people work on commision.

cool! Thanks you guys! yeah, that 400. one proabably wouldn't work....with the kids and all we were thinking of mounting them UP (sort of a mix of a project for me to pick out the mounts and Chris to hook it all up hehe.) That second link (the 200 one) looks really neat though. I sent Chris the link to this entire page so we will have to see if he can get into it from work, if not then I will show it all to him tonight. I would rather get his approval on one before buying anything.

Super Bowl party here we come! LOL.

I know what you mean about the kids aspect, we have 6 here LOL You can purchase mounting brackets for any speakers you want to hang. We have our back speakers mounted behind us in our living room. I think we got ours at bestbuy and I know they weren't too expensive. Keeps things up and away from little hands <G>

Hey, I am probably making an improbable request but I am notebook-hunting for my friend and thus far I am leaning towards a Dell because it has a 64MB video card plus all the other features I'm interested in. But really I've been searching for a notebook that has a 128MB video card that is reasonably priced but haven't had much luck. The max my friend is willing to spend is $1650 and it must have at the very least the following (if it surpasses any the features, even better!):

- 60GB hard drive

- 512MB of memory

- Pentium 4 2.8 GHz processor

- 15 in. display

- DVD±RW drive

- 128MB video card

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

-Sam

It was last month , but I got the PNY 6800gt from compusa for $399 with free doom 3. I played it for one week then sold doom 3 on ebay and got $35 for it . So it cost me $ 364. then I sold my ATI 9800 all in wonder on ebay for 270.00 and the new card ended up costing me $94 which is pretty cool.

well if your getting a plasma tv for 999.00 then I want to request a hummer vehicle for 999.00. Chances of finding either are about the same...slim to none :giggle: but hey at that price I'll take a plasma tv too!

youd be better off with a rusted out 80's ford pickup with 4wd..... them H2s cant handle puddles without busting a tie rod

Do you have an EB or Gamestop near you? Last BF our gamestop here had buy 1 get 1 free games and you can get a used system reasonably sometimes. I can't afford the full price video games so I normally shop there. You can also trade in old systems and games for credits towards a new one. They are both online too if you want to check out thier sites, sometimes there are coupons flying around.

EBgames.com has

Xbox Game System Bundle $149.99

Includes two free months of Xbox Live and 2 great games! Now you can get an Xbox Game System with great games and free Xbox Live for the price you'd normally pay for the Xbox alone. The two games are: EA Sports NCAA Football 2005 and XSN Sports Top Spin.

Refurbished PlayStation 2 Console

Choose a refurbished system to maximize the value quotient. You get the same great performance of a new system at a substantial savings. Our refurbished PlayStation 2 system also includes your choice of one of the following best-selling games:

w/Pre-Played Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness & Madden NFL 2004 $119.99

w/Pre-Played Metal Gear Solid 2 & Madden NFL 2004 $119.99

w/Pre-Played Grand Theft Auto III & Madden NFL 2004

There's a new PS two thats out so I would watch for the old ps2's to go down in price.

Gamestop.com has

Purchase a Preowned Xbox <$129.99> and recieve a preowned copy of Halo FREE!

6 different refurbished x box offers the same price with a different games, you can get a refurbished xbox with your choice of one following games: Halo, hitman 2, mortal kombat, Mech assault, need for speed underground, or splinter cell.

refurbished playstation2 system <$129.99> Receive a FREE preowned copy of Grand Theft Auto 3 when you buy a Preowned PS2 console in this exclusive bundle!

6 different refurbished ps2 offers the same price with a different games, you can get a refurbished ps2with your choice of one following games: grand theft auto, the getaway, GTA vice city, Kingdom hearts, xenosaga,psi-ops or medal of honor frontline.

gamestop also has a code:3D75 Free 3-Day Shipping on orders over $75

Hope this helps you out :)

My Gamestop here has really friendly people, you might want to try and call and ask if they will be having a b1g1 free sale anytime soon :: wink wink nudge:: Ask them what kind of deals they have right now on the two systems, sometimes they have better deals in the stores than online. It never hurts to ask LOL

I noticed walmart online has the same xbox bundle for 149.99. Seems like amazon is sold out of thiers right now?

yep and even if there are some sales on BF , IE toys r us or walmart etc etc...you have to be able to get it in your hands ROTFL I know our local TRU has had some deals for system bundles but I'm not sure if it's nationwide. You might want to call yors and ask. They have the spend $75.00 get a 10gc thing going on and the stuffed shrek or donkey for 4.99 with 75.00 purchase too. I did see a ton of games 50% off at mine. Might be another possible way to go.

Gamestop is also running this deal currently if you do decide to purchase a gamecube from them.

Free Preowned Nintendo 64 System!

STEP 1: ADD a preowned Nintendo GameCube to your cart.

STEP 2: ADD any in-stock preowned Video Game or DVD to your cart.

STEP 3: ADD a preowned Nintendo 64 system to your cart.

STEP 4: ENTER the code FREEN64 into the coupon box on your shopping cart page.

STEP 5: PROCEED to checkout. Discount will be applied at checkout!

Terms & Conditions

Terms of offer subject to change or termination at any time. No dealers or resellers, please. Not valid with bundled items. Only one free Nintendo 64 per order. All items must be in stock before offer is valid. Offer not valid in stores.

On another board I saw a deal for a gamecube at Target bm , might not hurt to call your local store to see if they have this deal.

$99.00 - Gamecube Super bundle pack with 2 platinum controllers and a copy of Mario Kart at my Target. I've no doubt this is a nationwide deal, and a great deal for for those needing some cube shaped action!

I was doing a dvd web search at sears.com and just bought a Disney 5" portable dvd player with case and rechargeable battery. It was $174 on sale for $139 and they took 10% off making it $125. Now shipping was $9.50 which will be refunded through another promotion to me in a rebate check. so with shipping and tax it cost $134 which was less than I wanted to spend.

I am pretty pleased with this purchase.