Walmart Savings Catcher going away in May

Just saw yesterday that May 14 will be the last day to submit a receipt to savings catcher. They are doing away with the program.

I know, this is a shame....... When I saw the email I was like dang and I figured out a work around so I didn't have to load my card...

I know, this is a shame....... When I saw the email I was like dang and I figured out a work around so I didn't have to load my card...

I didn’t put my card on it either. I hate using the Walmart pay. I forget to scan it most times. It is a shame that they are totally doing away with it.

• Like 1

Savings Catcher was the ONLY reason I started using Walmart pay, and then I've only used it like 2 or 3 times. Now I'm wondering if there's a way to get my card info out of their system. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before their system is compromised, just like the others.

I think moving it into Walmart Pay was a ploy for them to do away with the program. I’m sure they understood that it would reduce the amount of people willing to use it then they could then later use that data to justify dropping the program all together. Hey look people think our prices are great and rarely use savings catcher.
  • Like 1

I think moving it into Walmart Pay was a ploy for them to do away with the program. I’m sure they understood that it would reduce the amount of people willing to use it then they could then later use that data to justify dropping the program all together. Hey look people think our prices are great and rarely use savings catcher.

Exactly. It was a way to get everyone on there payment platform and then cancel. I guess they feel people will continue to use it. Classic bait and switch. 

• 4 weeks later...