Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

When do you take your Christmas decor & tree down?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 colemandawn4905  OFFLINE  

colemandawn4905

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 Posts
  • Member since 2015

Posted Dec 30, 2018 - 4:56 pm

I usually do it on New Year’s Day but I’m going to do it tomorrow on New Year’s Eve because I go back to work Wednesday after having almost 2 weeks off and figure I better have a total relax day before I go back to work. Lol

*** Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow***

#2 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,699 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 30, 2018 - 5:04 pm

Mine just came down. Literally 15 minutes ago. I will be gone all day tomorrow, and I need to have it down before new years day. The outside decorations came down yesterday, and the rest I'll finish packing tomorrow night. Most of it is already taken down and just awaiting the totes to be put into.

#3 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 962 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Dec 30, 2018 - 5:34 pm

As soon after Christmas as possible.  This year it's staying up later than ever due to my work schedule.  I plan on spending Tuesday putting away most everything.  

#4 budgetsRsexy  OFFLINE  

budgetsRsexy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 Posts
  • Member since 2016

Posted Dec 30, 2018 - 5:52 pm

I didn’t get my tree up until the weekend of the 15th and then I was out of town from the 20-26th so I haven’t had long to enjoy my tree. I’ll probably leave it up a while longer. As long as it’s down before the Super Bowl I’ll be happy.

#5 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 1,699 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 30, 2018 - 5:52 pm

I normally would have had mine down already too, but MIL and SIL made a last minute visit (2 days notice) from TX (we're in GA) so husband wanted to keep everything up for them to see. Plus, we couldn't have got them put away in time anyway.

#6 Elmck  OFFLINE  

Elmck

• 1,862 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 31, 2018 - 6:15 am

Mine came down the Friday after Christmas, I was was starting to to get a sinus infection and wanted the house clean before I felt really yucky. 

#7 bossy1  OFFLINE  

bossy1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 31, 2018 - 6:33 am

I guess we are really strange around here..We usually have everything down and the house back to normal by Christmas day afternoon...Though we LOVE Christmas it is commonly referred to as"the annual ripping down of the

Christmas crap".. now to be fair my Christmas stuff is usually up end of Oct or early Nov.( DH is as impatient and excitable as a 2 year old)

#8 colemandawn4905  OFFLINE  

colemandawn4905

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 Posts
  • Member since 2015

Posted Dec 31, 2018 - 7:55 pm

I guess we are really strange around here..We usually have everything down and the house back to normal by Christmas day afternoon...Though we LOVE Christmas it is commonly referred to as"the annual ripping down of the

Christmas crap".. now to be fair my Christmas stuff is usually up end of Oct or early Nov.( DH is as impatient and excitable as a 2 year old)

Wow that’s early to take down but my nieces grandfather is like that. They put there stuff up the day before Christmas Eve. Celebrate Christmas on Christmas Eve and part of Christmas Day then by Christmas Day evening they take it down. Whatever makes everyone happy is my thought but that’s a lot of work for like 3 days lol

*** Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow***

#9 Kash  OFFLINE  

Kash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Jan 1, 2019 - 7:32 pm

Took down my tree today :(

#10 AuntJamelle  OFFLINE  

AuntJamelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 2, 2019 - 11:38 am

Entire house was "de-Christmassed" by 12/30 this year!  

Although I must confess I did leave up some of the greenery with white lights - not only does it make it easier to put things away in waves it lessens my depression at losing all the pretty lights in the dark days of winter :)

#11 Rose0426  OFFLINE  

Rose0426

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 2, 2019 - 2:17 pm

Mine came down today along with everything inside. I can't wait to have the house back to normal. The outside lights, etc will probably be taken down this weekend weather permitting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users