Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

What are Your Plans for New Year's Eve?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 magickallight  ONLINE  

magickallight

• 54,365 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 30, 2018 - 6:40 am

It seems like we are still trying to put away all the Christmas presents and BOOM - New Year's Eve is upon us!

We tend to stay in and cook a special dinner just for the 2 of us and relax and watch a few movies we have been wanting to see.

This year we are having shrimp cocktail as an appetizer, followed by filet mignon, lobster tails, smashed potatoes and asparagus with cheese sauce. (And of course special treats for the dog). :)

What do you do for New Year's Eve?

20181230063902x250x113.jpg

“The more I know about people, the more I love my dog.” ~ Mark Twain.

#2 speeddiva  OFFLINE  

speeddiva

This Space for Rent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,317 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 30, 2018 - 8:15 am

Staying home, as usual.

#3 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 30, 2018 - 8:43 am

Hosting my church’s NYE party, as usual.

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#4 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,755 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 30, 2018 - 8:50 am

I've actually never been anywhere on new years eve. And we really don't ever do anything either, just gather about 10 minutes til to watch the ball.

This year, my suddenly social son is having his 2 friends over, so I'll have to think about dinner and snacks for them. Probably just order pizza. But I'm sure I'll still do the normal nothing.
What will make it extra fun is that me and my mom are driving down to see my daughter 3 hours away, so I probably won't be home until about 7 anyway.

#5 ilikefree  OFFLINE  

ilikefree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 30, 2018 - 12:58 pm

We've been going to my best friend's house on New Year's Eve for the past 20 some years. This year, with the depression, I'd just as soon stay home and just snuggle under a blanket and watch The Twilight Zone marathon on Sci-Fi channel. So far we haven't heard from our friends so hopefully they'll have other plans this year and we won't have to go, but I don't see that happening.

#6 magickallight  ONLINE  

magickallight

• 54,365 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 30, 2018 - 1:41 pm

We've been going to my best friend's house on New Year's Eve for the past 20 some years. This year, with the depression, I'd just as soon stay home and just snuggle under a blanket and watch The Twilight Zone marathon on Sci-Fi channel. So far we haven't heard from our friends so hopefully they'll have other plans this year and we won't have to go, but I don't see that happening.

:::Hugs::: :gdhug5:

“The more I know about people, the more I love my dog.” ~ Mark Twain.

#7 colemandawn4905  OFFLINE  

colemandawn4905

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 Posts
  • Member since 2015

Posted Dec 30, 2018 - 4:54 pm

We usually go to dinner with our kids then the kids go out with friends (all are older) and we relax and watch tv in bed.

*** Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow***

#8 ilikefree  OFFLINE  

ilikefree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 422 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 31, 2018 - 10:22 am

Ok, not the way I wanted to get out of going. Got a text from my friend’s husband this morning. He said Kathy is in the hospital with a-fib. I didn’t want to go anywhere tonight but this isn’t the way it should be.

#9 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Dec 31, 2018 - 5:48 pm

nothing.......early to bed with a good book and hope my redneck neighbors don't shoot off fireworks.  I put in a 12-hr shift today so no way I'll be able to stay up to watch the ball drop.  Plus I'm old now so midninght is WAAAAAAAAY past my bedtime.  :)

#10 colemandawn4905  OFFLINE  

colemandawn4905

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 Posts
  • Member since 2015

Posted Dec 31, 2018 - 7:58 pm

We never go out. We were invited to go with a few friends to the local bar but we just don’t drink often and we just weren’t in the mood. Lol our normal New Years Eve is to go to dinner and then relax watching tv. This year my daughter was able to come in the 29th for her holiday so we celebrated Christmas yesterday with my children (the 30th) today we took down the Christmas stuff and we are relaxing because she has wore us out. Lol

*** Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow***

#11 Kash  OFFLINE  

Kash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Jan 1, 2019 - 7:40 pm

It seems like we are still trying to put away all the Christmas presents and BOOM - New Year's Eve is upon us!

We tend to stay in and cook a special dinner just for the 2 of us and relax and watch a few movies we have been wanting to see.

This year we are having shrimp cocktail as an appetizer, followed by filet mignon, lobster tails, smashed potatoes and asparagus with cheese sauce. (And of course special treats for the dog). :)

What do you do for New Year's Eve?

20181230063902x250x113.jpg

That sounds yummy!  We always hang out at home with the kids and their spouses (where applicable) etc.  I order a giant party sub from subway and then we make a veggie tray and other side dishes. 

nothing.......early to bed with a good book and hope my redneck neighbors don't shoot off fireworks.  I put in a 12-hr shift today so no way I'll be able to stay up to watch the ball drop.  Plus I'm old now so midninght is WAAAAAAAAY past my bedtime.  :)

Are you my neighbor? LOL - JK.  I texted my neighbors earlier in the day to make sure they didn't have to get up early for work.  We only set of about 6 or 8 of them, but there were others in the neighborhood too.  But, that's normal for our neighborhood.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users