Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Who Else has Been Suckered Into Last Minute Deals?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 AliJ  OFFLINE  

AliJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 Posts
  • Member since 2017

Posted Dec 23, 2018 - 8:47 am

I bought my son the PSVR for Christmas, and I can't stop buying games!

Yesterday, I was suckered into going into Gamestop for their B1G50 Fortnite merchandise!

This year I started early, but I realize that doesn't work if you continue to buy up until Christmas!  

#2 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 23, 2018 - 10:42 am

@AliJ, people who know about forums like this are shoppers.  We do not let the calendar impact our pursuit of a good deal.  

I take notes all year on my family's needs and wants.  I research all the items to find the best values and register my desires with deal sites like gottadeal.com.  As BF approaches, I watch for best prices on the listed items and purchase these 1) when the advertised price is lower than my expected price, or 2) when the return for any reason date is later than BF.  Usually, I am done most of my shopping BEFORE Black Friday.  From BF to CM, I am busy with price adjustments (return/rebuy, price match, etc.), and from Green Monday on, I am just looking for 'purchases of opportunity'.

You are only being suckered if you are paying more than you want or buying things you do not want.  

Happy Shopping!

#3 AliJ  OFFLINE  

AliJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46 Posts
  • Member since 2017

Posted Dec 23, 2018 - 12:09 pm

@AliJ, people who know about forums like this are shoppers.  We do not let the calendar impact our pursuit of a good deal.  

I take notes all year on my family's needs and wants.  I research all the items to find the best values and register my desires with deal sites like gottadeal.com.  As BF approaches, I watch for best prices on the listed items and purchase these 1) when the advertised price is lower than my expected price, or 2) when the return for any reason date is later than BF.  Usually, I am done most of my shopping BEFORE Black Friday.  From BF to CM, I am busy with price adjustments (return/rebuy, price match, etc.), and from Green Monday on, I am just looking for 'purchases of opportunity'.

You are only being suckered if you are paying more than you want or buying things you do not want.  

Happy Shopping!

Well, it was intended to be a light hearted conversation, not a lecture!   Perhaps a mod can just delete the post.  

#4 bossy1  OFFLINE  

bossy1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 23, 2018 - 1:14 pm

no need to delete A

I bought my son the PSVR for Christmas, and I can't stop buying games!

Yesterday, I was suckered into going into Gamestop for their B1G50 Fortnite merchandise!

This year I started early, but I realize that doesn't work if you continue to buy up until Christmas!  

Your post  does NOT need to be deleted!! Just envision how happy your son will be. 

I think we ALL at some point or another have been in that position. If you haven't  i'll just pull out the holy water and annoint you  Saint of all deals now!!

And Len Please DONT lecture... all of us are here to find deals ,ENJOY our interactions an commiserate when we hit a rough patch in shopping or life.

#5 Gator Pam  OFFLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 2,790 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 23, 2018 - 2:29 pm

I did, although these were for me.

Dick's Sporting Goods has NCAA apparel for under $20. I had to get myself a couple of Florida Gator themed items, as they're impossible to find in the home of Microsoft.

#6 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• 1,692 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 23, 2018 - 3:07 pm

I found a new store to buy something for my son. They were having a sale, of course, and I bought something (set of wooden gaming dice). They had also been doing a 12 days sale, and I loved the set I got so much, I also bought the last day's special on Thursday. So now I'm waiting on that package to be delivered tomorrow! Up until that, my last package (the first dice set coincidentally) was delivered last Monday, and I thought I was "done". HA!

#7 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,483 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 24, 2018 - 7:29 pm

I thought we were done some time ago but according to the wife I was not correct. :)

We picked up a couple of things as late as this morning for the daughter and the dog.

#8 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,382 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 27, 2018 - 9:10 am

Yep,

The 50% is my addiction. It calls me in my sleep and I just have to go...... I know, I need to get help....

#9 Gator Pam  OFFLINE  

Gator Pam

Proud Perimeter Peruser!

• 2,790 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 27, 2018 - 5:39 pm

I don't *need* anything, so I'll wait for 90% off at Target, and see if anything appeals to me.

#10 Kash  OFFLINE  

Kash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 543 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Dec 31, 2018 - 2:15 pm

Well, it was intended to be a light hearted conversation, not a lecture!   Perhaps a mod can just delete the post.  

Hi! I don't think Len was trying to lecture, rather, just explaining his strategy.  I too shop all year long for the best deals.  As of right now, I have a couple of things already stashed for the granddaughter's Easter basket, because I didn't need all the things I found for her for Christmas.  I actually like it when the stores try and sucker you in on last-minute sales.  If they are good enough I'll bite, and then put them in my box of gifts waiting for an occasion. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users