Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Survey Spot (merged)

383 replies to this topic

#361 zingerhil  OFFLINE  

zingerhil

est. 1985

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 15, 2008 - 8:16 am

I never wait for surveys to come, I log in all the time and take the surveys offered there, usually do 2-3 sweeps and then a paying one will pop up and it seems that by logging in often and taking a few surveys increases the good paying ones emailed to me also of which I do really good, I just had a $35 one emailed to me and a $20 paying one by logging in and doing two free surveys..

I used to do that all the time and there were always surveys listed, but not anymore. Now whenever I check there's either nothing listed or an MP3 survey that is for sweepstakes. Seriously, that MP3 one has been there for months.

I still like SurveySpot though, and just requested a check yesterday for $38. :)

#362 4gr8girls  OFFLINE  

4gr8girls

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 17, 2008 - 7:09 am

Question...yesterday I received a survey from them and I went through. Well, it asked me to sign up for another survey website called Smarty Pants. I went ahead and did it but then something didn't feel right so I unsubscribed. Has anybody ever had that happen?
Ciao! Grizellie

#363 DramaQueenLucy  OFFLINE  

DramaQueenLucy

• 5,730 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 17, 2008 - 8:16 am

Question...yesterday I received a survey from them and I went through. Well, it asked me to sign up for another survey website called Smarty Pants. I went ahead and did it but then something didn't feel right so I unsubscribed. Has anybody ever had that happen?

This sound familair but I can't place it...do you have a link? Can you please PM it to me if you do? Thanks

#364 DramaQueenLucy  OFFLINE  

DramaQueenLucy

• 5,730 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jul 17, 2008 - 9:20 am

This sound familair but I can't place it...do you have a link? Can you please PM it to me if you do? Thanks

Thanks to ang for the bump...my mind sometimes....gggrrr

Here is the link to the Smarty Pants Panel thread http://forums.gottad...ead.php?t=71923

#365 Spiderlady  OFFLINE  

Spiderlady

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Aug 8, 2008 - 4:09 pm

Survey Spot has been sending me really great surveys and I can't get on their WS. I emailed them yesterday and haven't gotten a reply. Anyone else experiencing problems? :confused:
"Minds are like parachutes… they only function properly when open"

#366 afrey66  OFFLINE  

afrey66

Whitey Tightie Fancy Pants

• 2,041 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 9, 2008 - 6:19 pm

I did a bunch of theirs last night with no problems. I haven't tried today, however. I have one in my email I'll do tonight.
Real Women Wear Fancy Pants

#367 zingerhil  OFFLINE  

zingerhil

est. 1985

• 1,691 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 9, 2008 - 7:44 pm

I haven't had any issues. I'm logged onto the website right now.

#368 Grassy  OFFLINE  

Grassy

I Love my 3 Boys!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 902 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Aug 9, 2008 - 9:38 pm

I just joined. I did two surveys. So....we do free ones and then paid ones will get emailed occasionally? SO I don't get anthing for doing the 2 probably? Oh well. It's a start. A "friend" told me about this one...so I figured I'd get registered....;)
DYK My signature is pending approval by the Fancy Pants Signature Police. :tongue1:

#369 judithra  OFFLINE  

judithra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Aug 10, 2008 - 4:06 am

Grassy,See thread number #361, it really pays to scroll back and read prior posts as usually your question has been answered

#370 Spiderlady  OFFLINE  

Spiderlady

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Sep 15, 2008 - 12:54 pm

Has anyone else had a problem getting on SurveySpot? The past few days I can't get on.

#371 DramaQueenLucy  OFFLINE  

DramaQueenLucy

• 5,730 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 15, 2008 - 1:04 pm

Has anyone else had a problem getting on SurveySpot? The past few days I can't get on.

Nope I got in fine this morning...have you cleared your cookies?

#372 Imacarolinagirl  OFFLINE  

Imacarolinagirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 15, 2008 - 2:20 pm

I've done tons for this site and all I've ever gotten are for the points.. all the paying one just seem to not want me.. sigh..
I was no where NEAR aisle 7!! :gdwasntme:

#373 Spiderlady  OFFLINE  

Spiderlady

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Sep 15, 2008 - 3:59 pm

Nope I got in fine this morning...have you cleared your cookies?

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually I have SurveySpot in my Allowed and Trusted sites and still can't get on.

This happened once before and mysteriously went away and I could access the site again. I wracked my brain to try to review what was different on the day I finally got on and can't see any difference.

I'm going to email them.
Thanks!

#374 kat58  OFFLINE  

kat58

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 16, 2008 - 4:17 am

I've done tons for this site and all I've ever gotten are for the points.. all the paying one just seem to not want me.. sigh..

I have been getting tons of surveys from them as well as Greenfield and others. And just like you, everytime I get a paying survey I never qualify all of the way through. :(

#375 div  OFFLINE  

div

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 26, 2008 - 1:10 pm

I have a question, sorry if it was answered before. I had made some money with Survey Spot, but I wish to understand why some people like it so much. For me this survey site is rather below average. I get plenty of invitations from Survey Spot, most of them are for sweepstakes. I usually do paid ones and sometimes short surveys for sweeps, when I have time. Many members are saying that some of the sweepstakes surveys are actually for the product tests. What about financial services surveys? I am getting them time to time, 20 or 25 minuets for sweeps. I never tried, just wondering what is the deal. It can not be product test, I guess :) Sometimes payout seems to be very low. Like today I got one 35 minuets for $1. Does anyone actually do all this low/no paying surveys? Also, anybody ever won anything from them?

#376 judithra  OFFLINE  

judithra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 26, 2008 - 3:26 pm

I have a question, sorry if it was answered before. I had made some money with Survey Spot, but I wish to understand why some people like it so much. For me this survey site is rather below average.
I get plenty of invitations from Survey Spot, most of them are for sweepstakes. I usually do paid ones and sometimes short surveys for sweeps, when I have time. Many members are saying that some of the sweepstakes surveys are actually for the product tests.
What about financial services surveys? I am getting them time to time, 20 or 25 minuets for sweeps. I never tried, just wondering what is the deal. It can not be product test, I guess :)
Sometimes payout seems to be very low. Like today I got one 35 minuets for $1.
Does anyone actually do all this low/no paying surveys?
Also, anybody ever won anything from them?

I have to disagree with your opinion of Survey Spot, I have been a member for over 2 and half years now.. I average anywhere from $50-$75 per month from them.. They pay quickly, 2-4 weeks max, which is quick for survey companies. Their communication with members is excellent. They resolve any/all problems quickly.
For your question about low paying surveys( 25-30 mins for a $1) no I do not waste my time doing them. but I do sweeps when I have the extra time and it's for my benefit, as I receive more paying ones by doing so.. When I receive a invite for such and such $$ amount, I average it out by the hour, if I feel it is fair, I'll do the survey. I have received my fair share of product tests from Survey Spot. The financial surveys I try to avoid for just sweepstakes as they are reduntant and tiresome, but yes I do one now and then.,but no way is there a "product test" involved with a financial survey lol.
Yes people have won on the spins or scratch offs.. Someone posted a while back that won a $100 Nike G.C. as far as the sweepstakes, not that I know of and anyone that thinks they will win out of 1,000's & 1,000's of people that compete for them is very naive..Yes, I know someone has to win, but the odds are certainly stacked against us. I never give them a second thought. The only way extra money comes my way is by investing my time doing surveys. and no way is there a "product test" involved with a financial survey lol.
~Judith~

:gdflower3:

#377 Gloey  OFFLINE  

Gloey

Old Broad

• 3,235 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Sep 26, 2008 - 4:57 pm

I have a question, sorry if it was answered before. I had made some money with Survey Spot, but I wish to understand why some people like it so much. For me this survey site is rather below average.
I get plenty of invitations from Survey Spot, most of them are for sweepstakes. I usually do paid ones and sometimes short surveys for sweeps, when I have time. Many members are saying that some of the sweepstakes surveys are actually for the product tests.
What about financial services surveys? I am getting them time to time, 20 or 25 minuets for sweeps. I never tried, just wondering what is the deal. It can not be product test, I guess :)
Sometimes payout seems to be very low. Like today I got one 35 minuets for $1.
Does anyone actually do all this low/no paying surveys?
Also, anybody ever won anything from them?

I've given up on these people. I refuse to sit and do a survey for even 20 minutes for $1.00. I think if more more of us put their foot down and didn't do these low paying surveys they would have to increase the payout. My time is worth more to me than $1.00.

#378 judithra  OFFLINE  

judithra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 232 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Sep 26, 2008 - 5:36 pm

I've given up on these people. I refuse to sit and do a survey for even 20 minutes for $1.00. I think if more more of us put their foot down and didn't do these low paying surveys they would have to increase the payout. My time is worth more to me than $1.00.

I totally agree with you, no one, NO one should spend a tedious length of time for a $1.00 and you are totally right, if we all put our foot down and refuse to do them, they would increase payout on these particular surveys... but I also have to say I very, very rarely receive these $1.00 invites. I think they send them out to see how many people WILL take them. But I do, do the $3.00 surveys for 15 mins as that averages out to $12.00 a hour.. $5.00 for 15-20 mins averages out to close to $20.00 a hour.. $5.00 for 30 mins is $10 a hour..Maybe yall don't feel this way, but I feel these amounts are fair and believe me these amounts add up quickly in a month.. Im sorry some of you have had bad luck with Survey Spot, but then again you might be doing better with another company that I might be doing poorly. It all depends on the demograpics, not just location, but age, family, etc.. for each company.. one question I need to ask is do you check your Survey Spot home page for surveys and if you have available surveys , do you do them or do you just check the ones you receive in your email? I check my page very often during the course of day and evening, if there isnt a paying one, I find that if I take a couple of the none paying ones, after the first two or three short ones, large paying surveys start popping up..

Edited by judithra, Sep 26, 2008 - 5:46 pm.

~Judith~

:gdflower3:

#379 Imacarolinagirl  OFFLINE  

Imacarolinagirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Sep 26, 2008 - 6:41 pm

I thought it might just be my opinion that the surveys were tedious and for low rewards. I've earned $5 so far. Was wondering though if anyone's won from the sweepstake prizes? Were they to draw this week?
I was no where NEAR aisle 7!! :gdwasntme:

#380 div  OFFLINE  

div

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Oct 1, 2008 - 1:23 pm

I guess it is my demographics or something. I almost never qualify for product tests and only occasionally qualify for paying surveys. I don't like feeling rejected and Survey Spot does it all the time :)

#381 cashandra  OFFLINE  

cashandra

Survey freak!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jun 16, 2009 - 4:50 am

They have a diaper study up right now. Takes 5 minutes, and if you qualify, they send you diapers to try.

#382 mesarobins  OFFLINE  

mesarobins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jun 21, 2009 - 8:08 pm

I haven't gotten a survey from Survey Spot in probably close to a year!

#383 kimpooh19  OFFLINE  

kimpooh19

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jun 21, 2009 - 9:18 pm

Holy cow! I probably get anywhere from 5-10 a day!!! Maybe you should email them?:confused:

:heart: someone with Eosinophilic Esophagitis!  

#384 DramaQueenLucy  OFFLINE  

DramaQueenLucy

• 5,730 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jun 22, 2009 - 4:18 am

Log on and check your acount settings

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users