GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

20181218123535x214x250.jpg

Tee, Hee! ;)

Love,

The Grinch

I’m so ready! Ready for some good eats, good family time and some good gift exchanges! Since I’m done with everything on my “to do” list I’m going to spend my long weekend watching Christmas movies I haven’t had a chance to watch it! I’m so behind on this. :)

• Like 6

It’s definitely favorite Christmas movies time!! I gotta watch Rudolph, Elf, Charlie Brown Christmas, and my personal fave, Scrooged!!

Also on the to-do list is watching a movie I have somehow never seen - It’s a Wonderful Life. Yes, I do live under a rock. :)

• Like 4

It’s definitely favorite Christmas movies time!! I gotta watch Rudolph, Elf, Charlie Brown Christmas, and my personal fave, Scrooged!!

Also on the to-do list is watching a movie I have somehow never seen - It’s a Wonderful Life. Yes, I do live under a rock. :)

I've never watched it either.  In fact I haven't watched Elf either.  I really have to be in the mood to watch Will Ferrell movies, and that one never interested me.  As for first time movie viewing, I've watched a couple this year, but one was White Christmas.  I'm glad I finally watched it, but it wasn't my cup of tea.

• Like 1

I've never watched it either.  In fact I haven't watched Elf either.  I really have to be in the mood to watch Will Ferrell movies, and that one never interested me.  As for first time movie viewing, I've watched a couple this year, but one was White Christmas.  I'm glad I finally watched it, but it wasn't my cup of tea.

I know what you mean; I watched White Christmas last year and it was ok, but not really my thing either. There is a new one on Netflix called Christmas Chronicles I believe. It has Kurt Russell in it so it’s an automatic watch for me; he’s the best. I wish he really was Santa lol!
  • Like 2

I know what you mean; I watched White Christmas last year and it was ok, but not really my thing either. There is a new one on Netflix called Christmas Chronicles I believe. It has Kurt Russell in it so it’s an automatic watch for me; he’s the best. I wish he really was Santa lol!

He did a really good job in that movie. We watched it and then our daughter watched it again. We watched It's A Wonderful Life the other night. I had seen it multiple times but my wife had never seen it before.

• Like 1

Christmas Chronicles was adorable!  Kurt was a great Santa and then the little surprise at the end was fun!  LOL

I may get booted off the forum for saying this but I just do not like It's a Wonderful Life.  I love Jimmy Stewart but just cannot sit through that movie for some reason.  I've never watched White Christmas either.  :wacko:

*running off to hide now*    :)

• Like 2

I was grown before I saw It's a Wonderful Life. I like the movie, but it's not a must watch for me.  White Christmas, on the other hand, is my favorite! Followed by Holiday Inn. I always say Bing Crosby was just a whole different kind of sexy. I'm a choir girl, though, and my dream man has always been someone that will sing to me. Guess that's why I'm still single  :sidesplit .

• Like 2

Kurt Russell did a great job in Christmas Chronicles.  If it's ever released on Blu Ray I will probably get it.  I don't subscribe to Netflix much but just happened to have a gift card for the past couple months and was able to catch it.

I know it will never happen, but I'd love for a Netflix type service that had nothing but Christmas movies.  Not just Hallmark or Lifetime ones, but the big name ones too.  Having all the movies in one place would make it easier for families to find something they can all watch, or just play stuff to have on a loop. 

• Like 3

Christmas Chronicles was adorable!  Kurt was a great Santa and then the little surprise at the end was fun!  LOL

I may get booted off the forum for saying this but I just do not like It's a Wonderful Life.  I love Jimmy Stewart but just cannot sit through that movie for some reason.  I've never watched White Christmas either.  :wacko:

*running off to hide now*    :)

You're fired... LOL 

I love it but I get that not everyone does. :)

Meanwhile, I may get the boot myself for saying I can't stand A Christmas Story. That movie just drives me nuts for some reason. lol

Edited by wittenlover
  • Like 4

You're fired... LOL 

I love it but I get that not everyone does. :)

Meanwhile, I may get the boot myself for saying I can't stand A Christmas Story. That movie just drives me nuts for some reason. lol

Ha, ha - I HATE A Christmas Story - have NEVER made it 5 minutes with that movie!

But - I watch It's A Wonderful Life all through the year - kind of gives me peace when things are going really badly that things WILL be okay!

White Christmas I can take or leave - but I watch it traditionally.

The ORIGINAL Miracle on 34th Street - rocks, too! ;)

NO boot for you! ;) (At least not my boot - which it looks like will be flip-flops for Christmas from the weather forecast).

• Like 2

'Peep!  Say it isn't so!  You'll shoot your eye out!  I actually own a Red Rider BB gun with the original wood stock.  I love that movie as well as It's a Wonderful Life, The Sound of Music, and all the other seasonal movies my wife used to watch as she decorated our home for Christmas.  It's not the same now -- she's gone, the kids are grown.  I miss the magic of Christmas.  Here's a Christmas story for you...

There comes a time when every child learns that there is no Santa Claus.  Parents are usually the last to know.  One year as the missus and I were carrying the loot from the attic to the living room, she stumbled and dropped a pile of presents right over his room.  We checked and he seemed to be undisturbed, but the next morning, while we were opening presents, he told us that a lot of kids at school said Santa was made up, but he KNEW Santa was real because he heard the sleigh and deer land on the roof.  He got to be a kid for one more year.

Merry Christmas!

• Like 10

I can take or leave A Christmas Story. I finally let my daughter watch it and she loves it! She walks around the house saying “Daddy’s gonna kill Ralphy” and proceeds to fake cry [emoji23]

As for myself, I prefer the original A Christmas Carol and Miracle on 34th Street

'Peep!  Say it isn't so!  You'll shoot your eye out!  I actually own a Red Rider BB gun with the original wood stock.  I love that movie as well as It's a Wonderful Life, The Sound of Music, and all the other seasonal movies my wife used to watch as she decorated our home for Christmas.  It's not the same now -- she's gone, the kids are grown.  I miss the magic of Christmas.  Here's a Christmas story for you...

There comes a time when every child learns that there is no Santa Claus.  Parents are usually the last to know.  One year as the missus and I were carrying the loot from the attic to the living room, she stumbled and dropped a pile of presents right over his room.  We checked and he seemed to be undisturbed, but the next morning, while we were opening presents, he told us that a lot of kids at school said Santa was made up, but he KNEW Santa was real because he heard the sleigh and deer land on the roof.  He got to be a kid for one more year.

Merry Christmas!

I own the BB Gun also, my wife also decorates one of our bathrooms in A Christmas Story decorations (some she made). One year when I was traveling a LOT for work she did it to surprise me when I got home just before Christmas. Now we also do an Elf bathroom (her favorite movie). Last year she even got me tickets to go to the A Christmas Story house/museum in Ohio. We didn't make it before the move but will be there sometime this year. :)

• Like 1

I own the BB Gun also, my wife also decorates one of our bathrooms in A Christmas Story decorations (some she made). One year when I was traveling a LOT for work she did it to surprise me when I got home just before Christmas. Now we also do an Elf bathroom (her favorite movie). Last year she even got me tickets to go to the A Christmas Story house/museum in Ohio. We didn't make it before the move but will be there sometime this year. :)

Do you have the leg lamp -- it was a major award, after all.  (I do.) 

• Like 2

Merry Christmas!

Len, your Christmas story made me smile through tears. Merry Christmas!

• Like 3

So I finally got my Comfy today! My grand plan for tonight is to snuggle in my blanket-that’s-a-sweatshirt and tear up a Whitman’s Sampler while watching Christmas movies with my cat!! :) Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

I've been in my PJ's all day today, under my snuggly blanket (although it isn't a bit cold here today) and watching Hallmark movies and Christmas Vacation.  Still have Frosty and Rudolph left to watch but I'm saving those for tomorrow night after work.  

• Like 2

I swear I am a deer magnet... [emoji37]

This is third car in a row I’ve owned that’s been hit by one of the blasted creatures in the first 6 months of me owning it...

I’m fine, deer’s not, car is TBD. Should be repairable if no hidden frame damage under the body damage. Happened last night when I was less than 5 miles from home. Grrrrrr...

333e978183b3fc24c015104486ff2b01.jpgfa0a92298e8473fdf057eb3f7fdbb446.jpgc45f28bf246e8d34905fa933bc88064a.jpg

I swear I am a deer magnet... [emoji37]

This is third car in a row I’ve owned that’s been hit by one of the blasted creatures in the first 6 months of me owning it...

I’m fine, deer’s not, car is TBD. Should be repairable if no hidden frame damage under the body damage. Happened last night when I was less than 5 miles from home. Grrrrrr...

333e978183b3fc24c015104486ff2b01.jpgfa0a92298e8473fdf057eb3f7fdbb446.jpgc45f28bf246e8d34905fa933bc88064a.jpg

Oh, that's awful! Glad you are ok. Have you tried the deer whistles?

Oh, that's awful! Glad you are ok. Have you tried the deer whistles?

No but I’ve heard about them. Think it’s time to do some research & invest. I’m sick of being hit. (And heartsick that it kills them every time. Awful.)

Glad you are ok! I hope that wasn’t one of Santa’s that you took out lol! :P

No antlers. Santa’s team is safe. lol

• Like 2