GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

I missed this!!!! Oh well, will try for a giveaway? After Thanksgiving was nuts here. Dad ended up in hospital and mom fell walking into hospital to visit him. Thankfully everyone is on the mend and we are praying for a healthy new year.

Prayers and love to everyone!! Its great seeing all your stories.

I missed this!!!! Oh well, will try for a giveaway? After Thanksgiving was nuts here. Dad ended up in hospital and mom fell walking into hospital to visit him. Thankfully everyone is on the mend and we are praying for a healthy new year.

Prayers and love to everyone!! Its great seeing all your stories.

Yikes! Glad they’re on the mend! Feel free to keep hanging out here all year! (Heck, I did after I blew my “in the club” status partway through the year.) :)

I might get kicked out of the group for saying this, but I am done with Christmas shopping.  This is the earliest EVER.  December is such a busy month for me that I had to finish the shopping early to keep what's left of my sanity.

I must say, the sales this year have been AMAZING.  

• Like 4

I might get kicked out of the group for saying this, but I am done with Christmas shopping.  This is the earliest EVER.  December is such a busy month for me that I had to finish the shopping early to keep what's left of my sanity.

The last package I was waiting for has been now been back ordered and that now will become a birthday gift for later so I’m completely done too! It feels good to know I can just sit back and enjoy the rest of the holidays with no stress.......I hope. Lol

Down to three loaves of pumpkin bread and a pan of fudge for tomorrow's shipment. I cranked out quite a bit last night.  :trampolin

This "Team No Sleep" girl still got 4 solid hours of shut-eye last night. Impressed with myself. lol

Should invest in a good half sheet commercial oven and a big stand mixer lol.

41 of 42 posted for December (pattiv is the one left).

As others have said, if you missed the November deadline, feel free to post in here throughout the year anyway. I may post contests in here throughout the year that anyone who is reading this thread can enter, so there's an incentive to stay active in this thread.

• Like 7

Dang it ThinkGeek. Stop sending me coupons and having sales. I've placed 3 orders from you this month, husband has placed 1, and my mom has placed 1. I really don't need another bag, especially not the one for $20 that I have been eyeing, even if you did send me a $20 coupon...
  • Like 4

oh how I wish this was me....

So, I'll post updates regarding my cancer recovery journey here, rather than in the off-topic forum, unless I'm told otherwise.

Yesterday was my follow up presurgical consultation with my reconstructive surgeon. She wouldn't put me on the operating table unless I weighed less than 200 lbs. I decided to go for 190 before going back, so I would be certain to be somewhere in the 190s when I went clothed in to her office. I'm glad I did, as my appointment wasn't until 4:00, and I wasn't going to fast until that late in the day.

On the scale at UW reconstructive surgery, I weighed 192. When my doctor walked in, she looked at me with a big grin, and the first thing she said to me was, "Give the girl a goal, and have her blow it out of the water!"

She was of the mindset that I lost 40 lbs since she saw me in June, and I didn't remind her that 11 of those pounds were dropped overnight after the bilateral masectomy (bye-bye boobies). I felt just fine basking in her effusive praise. But, I'm still going to keto on. I have a lot of weight yet to lose.

For now, it looks like surgery will be scheduled for March. But, there is a chance another patient may cancel next month around my birthday. Not the happiest of birthdays with the plan of spending four days in ICU. But, if it is offered, I'll jump at the chance anyway.

Be strong and know that you are not in this alone. We are here for you, I have to start checking other threads ..... much love and prayers coming your way. 

Dang it ThinkGeek. Stop sending me coupons and having sales. I've placed 3 orders from you this month, husband has placed 1, and my mom has placed 1. I really don't need another bag, especially not the one for $20 that I have been eyeing, even if you did send me a $20 coupon...

I’ve just started having to delete emails without even opening them! I have no willpower. I made the mistake of opening a Barnes & Noble email yesterday and now I want something out of that email but I have to drive 30 miles to get to one. Not gonna do it......maybe. :)

• Like 3

I wish... Thinking my apartment complex would not approve of the “upgrades”. lol

I'd say you could come over and use my wolf, but you'd have to bake twice as much as you planned because my family would keep sampling your goods.  lol

So, I'll post updates regarding my cancer recovery journey here, rather than in the off-topic forum, unless I'm told otherwise.

Yesterday was my follow up presurgical consultation with my reconstructive surgeon. She wouldn't put me on the operating table unless I weighed less than 200 lbs. I decided to go for 190 before going back, so I would be certain to be somewhere in the 190s when I went clothed in to her office. I'm glad I did, as my appointment wasn't until 4:00, and I wasn't going to fast until that late in the day.

On the scale at UW reconstructive surgery, I weighed 192. When my doctor walked in, she looked at me with a big grin, and the first thing she said to me was, "Give the girl a goal, and have her blow it out of the water!"

She was of the mindset that I lost 40 lbs since she saw me in June, and I didn't remind her that 11 of those pounds were dropped overnight after the bilateral masectomy (bye-bye boobies). I felt just fine basking in her effusive praise. But, I'm still going to keto on. I have a lot of weight yet to lose.

For now, it looks like surgery will be scheduled for March. But, there is a chance another patient may cancel next month around my birthday. Not the happiest of birthdays with the plan of spending four days in ICU. But, if it is offered, I'll jump at the chance anyway.

Wow, I don't know how I missed this post the other day.  Awesome job on the weight!! I went to my annual exam a few weeks ago and the scale said one thing, and then a few days later I went to a new chiropractor and his scale said like 5 pounds less and I was dressed for both. you just never know what the doctors scales are gonna say.  I will definately keep you in my prayers.  Please keep us posted! 

• Like 1

FYI, moving GD off our BF servers and back to our normal year-round server tomorrow afternoon at 5pm EST so expect the forum to be down while the move is happening so posts don't get lost.

Some issues with the move but we're still working on them. Had some avatars that weren't loading but those seem to be fixed now.

• Like 1

Some issues with the move but we're still working on them. Had some avatars that weren't loading but those seem to be fixed now.

At least you didn’t have one of those bomb threats that were reported around the country come in to your office... (Yep my office and our manufacturing plant in OH both were among the many places that received those threats today.)

Hello Club.  Just nine days until Christmas.  Looking forward to the final promotions.  I have to say that Black Friday was a lot of work this year.  Maybe because I already have two of everything.  I didn't see any real door busters.  I still have a lot of money in my pockets and will hand out some gift cards.  Anyone returned, price adjusted, or price matched anything that has been cheaper since BF?  I have been very close with a pair of laptops.  In fact, I bought them as a safety net, but value (performance/price) hasn't quite triggered a return.

I don't know if any of you harvest the various Amazon promotions where you get promotional credit downloading apps.  I pay attention to AFTVNews.com where Elias posts such things.  It's a pretty complicated process.  First, you have to do the action.  Then you have to redeem the reward.  This posts as a credit to your account which you never see until you make a purchase that qualifies.  You generally have less than a month to complete the process.  These credits cannot be used on gift card purchases and can only be redeemed against Amazon sales.  I never realized how much of Amazon's catalog was third party merchandise until I tried to find something to spend the $5 credit on.  I ended up getting ground pepper (which I needed), but a lot of spices are sold be others as are many of the food and housecleaning products.  All that smart home stuff is third party too.  Even a card I bought was by a third party.

If any of you are doing or considering hydroponics, Aerogarden has 25% off plus free shipping now using DECEMBER25 -- which I thought was clever.  Good for one off purchases.  I got some pepper and spice pods.  After having purchased 24 ghost peppers on ebay and comparing prices and availability, I have decided I should be showing up to local farmers markets with dehydrated peppers, ghost pepper jerky, and other hot products.  Keep my dehydrator busy.

Besides ghost, cayenne, thai, jalapeno,and purple super hot peppers, I got basil, chives, cilantro, parsley, mint, oregano, and mint.  I also got a pollinator.  I'm going to try to grow habaneros from seed (unless anyone can point me to a source for Aerogarden pods).  

• Like 1

Hello Club.  Just nine days until Christmas.  Looking forward to the final promotions.  I have to say that Black Friday was a lot of work this year.  Maybe because I already have two of everything.  I didn't see any real door busters.  I still have a lot of money in my pockets and will hand out some gift cards.  Anyone returned, price adjusted, or price matched anything that has been cheaper since BF?  I have been very close with a pair of laptops.  In fact, I bought them as a safety net, but value (performance/price) hasn't quite triggered a return.

I don't know if any of you harvest the various Amazon promotions where you get promotional credit downloading apps.  I pay attention to AFTVNews.com where Elias posts such things.  It's a pretty complicated process.  First, you have to do the action.  Then you have to redeem the reward.  This posts as a credit to your account which you never see until you make a purchase that qualifies.  You generally have less than a month to complete the process.  These credits cannot be used on gift card purchases and can only be redeemed against Amazon sales.  I never realized how much of Amazon's catalog was third party merchandise until I tried to find something to spend the $5 credit on.  I ended up getting ground pepper (which I needed), but a lot of spices are sold be others as are many of the food and housecleaning products.  All that smart home stuff is third party too.  Even a card I bought was by a third party.

If any of you are doing or considering hydroponics, Aerogarden has 25% off plus free shipping now using DECEMBER25 -- which I thought was clever.  Good for one off purchases.  I got some pepper and spice pods.  After having purchased 24 ghost peppers on ebay and comparing prices and availability, I have decided I should be showing up to local farmers markets with dehydrated peppers, ghost pepper jerky, and other hot products.  Keep my dehydrator busy.

Besides ghost, cayenne, thai, jalapeno,and purple super hot peppers, I got basil, chives, cilantro, parsley, mint, oregano, and mint.  I also got a pollinator.  I'm going to try to grow habaneros from seed (unless anyone can point me to a source for Aerogarden pods).  

We don't have an Aerogarden but this is what we have instead. https://www.towergarden.com/tg

Was doing great until the temps here in FL decided they didn't need to be warm. Now I have to redo everything once it stabilizes outside again. Was growing some nice tomato's, basil, strawberries, lettuce, jalapeno peppers, and some other things.

We used to have a substantial garden.  Unfortunately, the New England season is short.  Also, when we could grow stuff, it is inexpensive to buy very good produce.  I don't particularly care for the canning process as a preservative.  So, gone with that!

Mostly, I am looking to grow things which are hard to get or are not very good when shipped from afar.  Hot peppers and fresh salads are my focus.  Indoors helps with the seasons.  I have a small Aerogarden just on my counter just for herbs.

Just getting back in stride with this.

Hopefully some of those global warming predictions will come true so you can grow vegetables and my home on the hill will become beachfront property with endless summers!

• Like 1