Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#121 dantegirl  OFFLINE  

dantegirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 7, 2018 - 10:02 pm

I missed this!!!! Oh well, will try for a giveaway? After Thanksgiving was nuts here. Dad ended up in hospital and mom fell walking into hospital to visit him. Thankfully everyone is on the mend and we are praying for a healthy new year.

Prayers and love to everyone!! Its great seeing all your stories.

#122 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 8, 2018 - 12:01 pm

I missed this!!!! Oh well, will try for a giveaway? After Thanksgiving was nuts here. Dad ended up in hospital and mom fell walking into hospital to visit him. Thankfully everyone is on the mend and we are praying for a healthy new year.

Prayers and love to everyone!! Its great seeing all your stories.

Yikes! Glad they’re on the mend! Feel free to keep hanging out here all year! (Heck, I did after I blew my “in the club” status partway through the year.) :)

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#123 smurfgirl  OFFLINE  

smurfgirl

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 8, 2018 - 5:59 pm

Checking in for December. The month is flying by. Only 10 days left of school before break.

#124 alirwin1985  OFFLINE  

alirwin1985

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 9, 2018 - 2:17 pm

Boy is December flying by and I still have so much shopping left to do!!!

#125 chester5  OFFLINE  

chester5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 10, 2018 - 4:40 am

I might get kicked out of the group for saying this, but I am done with Christmas shopping.  This is the earliest EVER.  December is such a busy month for me that I had to finish the shopping early to keep what's left of my sanity.

I must say, the sales this year have been AMAZING.  

#126 bluebear  ONLINE  

bluebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 10, 2018 - 4:59 am

I'm almost done with my shopping. All the main stuff is done. Just need a couple gift cards and a few more stocking stuffers. Wrapping is mostly done, so that's an extra bonus.

I agree, there have been some good sales.

#127 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Dec 10, 2018 - 6:52 am

I might get kicked out of the group for saying this, but I am done with Christmas shopping.  This is the earliest EVER.  December is such a busy month for me that I had to finish the shopping early to keep what's left of my sanity.

The last package I was waiting for has been now been back ordered and that now will become a birthday gift for later so I’m completely done too! It feels good to know I can just sit back and enjoy the rest of the holidays with no stress.......I hope. Lol

#128 jstluvem  OFFLINE  

jstluvem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 10, 2018 - 7:06 am

Gator-Pam cyber hugs and 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Edited by jstluvem, Dec 10, 2018 - 7:07 am.

#129 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 10, 2018 - 1:59 pm

Way too much baking still to be done tonight and tomorrow for Wednesday drop dead date for my round 1 shipments. Team No Sleep, here I come! lol 

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#130 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 11, 2018 - 6:47 am

Down to three loaves of pumpkin bread and a pan of fudge for tomorrow's shipment. I cranked out quite a bit last night.  :trampolin

This "Team No Sleep" girl still got 4 solid hours of shut-eye last night. Impressed with myself. lol

#131 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,427 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 11, 2018 - 6:51 am

Down to three loaves of pumpkin bread and a pan of fudge for tomorrow's shipment. I cranked out quite a bit last night.  :trampolin

This "Team No Sleep" girl still got 4 solid hours of shut-eye last night. Impressed with myself. lol

Should invest in a good half sheet commercial oven and a big stand mixer lol.

#132 colemandawn4905  ONLINE  

colemandawn4905

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 Posts
  • Member since 2015

Posted Dec 11, 2018 - 10:40 am

I need to bake but shopping will be finished tomorrow evening, last package to mail will go out tomorrow to my sailor girl in Seattle ❤️ she will be home the 29th but I wanted to make sure she had something u see the tree for Christmas morning.

*** Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow***

#133 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,355 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 11, 2018 - 12:22 pm

41 of 42 posted for December (pattiv is the one left).

As others have said, if you missed the November deadline, feel free to post in here throughout the year anyway. I may post contests in here throughout the year that anyone who is reading this thread can enter, so there's an incentive to stay active in this thread.

#134 bluebear  ONLINE  

bluebear

• 1,658 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 11, 2018 - 6:18 pm

Dang it ThinkGeek. Stop sending me coupons and having sales. I've placed 3 orders from you this month, husband has placed 1, and my mom has placed 1. I really don't need another bag, especially not the one for $20 that I have been eyeing, even if you did send me a $20 coupon...

#135 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 11, 2018 - 8:52 pm

Should invest in a good half sheet commercial oven and a big stand mixer lol.

I wish... Thinking my apartment complex would not approve of the “upgrades”. lol

#136 magickallight  OFFLINE  

magickallight

• 50,848 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Yesterday, 2:14 am

20181212021042x215x250.jpg

#137 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,236 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Yesterday, 2:35 am

You're a mean one Mr. Grinch!

#138 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,361 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Yesterday, 7:39 am

oh how I wish this was me....

#139 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,361 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Yesterday, 7:42 am

So, I'll post updates regarding my cancer recovery journey here, rather than in the off-topic forum, unless I'm told otherwise.

Yesterday was my follow up presurgical consultation with my reconstructive surgeon. She wouldn't put me on the operating table unless I weighed less than 200 lbs. I decided to go for 190 before going back, so I would be certain to be somewhere in the 190s when I went clothed in to her office. I'm glad I did, as my appointment wasn't until 4:00, and I wasn't going to fast until that late in the day.

On the scale at UW reconstructive surgery, I weighed 192. When my doctor walked in, she looked at me with a big grin, and the first thing she said to me was, "Give the girl a goal, and have her blow it out of the water!"

She was of the mindset that I lost 40 lbs since she saw me in June, and I didn't remind her that 11 of those pounds were dropped overnight after the bilateral masectomy (bye-bye boobies). I felt just fine basking in her effusive praise. But, I'm still going to keto on. I have a lot of weight yet to lose.

For now, it looks like surgery will be scheduled for March. But, there is a chance another patient may cancel next month around my birthday. Not the happiest of birthdays with the plan of spending four days in ICU. But, if it is offered, I'll jump at the chance anyway.

Be strong and know that you are not in this alone. We are here for you, I have to start checking other threads ..... much love and prayers coming your way. 

#140 HanShotFirst  OFFLINE  

HanShotFirst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 939 Posts
  • Member since 2012

Posted Yesterday, 7:48 am

Dang it ThinkGeek. Stop sending me coupons and having sales. I've placed 3 orders from you this month, husband has placed 1, and my mom has placed 1. I really don't need another bag, especially not the one for $20 that I have been eyeing, even if you did send me a $20 coupon...

I’ve just started having to delete emails without even opening them! I have no willpower. I made the mistake of opening a Barnes & Noble email yesterday and now I want something out of that email but I have to drive 30 miles to get to one. Not gonna do it......maybe. :)

#141 Kash  OFFLINE  

Kash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Yesterday, 9:51 am

I wish... Thinking my apartment complex would not approve of the “upgrades”. lol

I'd say you could come over and use my wolf, but you'd have to bake twice as much as you planned because my family would keep sampling your goods.  lol

So, I'll post updates regarding my cancer recovery journey here, rather than in the off-topic forum, unless I'm told otherwise.

Yesterday was my follow up presurgical consultation with my reconstructive surgeon. She wouldn't put me on the operating table unless I weighed less than 200 lbs. I decided to go for 190 before going back, so I would be certain to be somewhere in the 190s when I went clothed in to her office. I'm glad I did, as my appointment wasn't until 4:00, and I wasn't going to fast until that late in the day.

On the scale at UW reconstructive surgery, I weighed 192. When my doctor walked in, she looked at me with a big grin, and the first thing she said to me was, "Give the girl a goal, and have her blow it out of the water!"

She was of the mindset that I lost 40 lbs since she saw me in June, and I didn't remind her that 11 of those pounds were dropped overnight after the bilateral masectomy (bye-bye boobies). I felt just fine basking in her effusive praise. But, I'm still going to keto on. I have a lot of weight yet to lose.

For now, it looks like surgery will be scheduled for March. But, there is a chance another patient may cancel next month around my birthday. Not the happiest of birthdays with the plan of spending four days in ICU. But, if it is offered, I'll jump at the chance anyway.

Wow, I don't know how I missed this post the other day.  Awesome job on the weight!! I went to my annual exam a few weeks ago and the scale said one thing, and then a few days later I went to a new chiropractor and his scale said like 5 pounds less and I was dressed for both. you just never know what the doctors scales are gonna say.  I will definately keep you in my prayers.  Please keep us posted! 

#142 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,355 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Yesterday, 12:17 pm

FYI, moving GD off our BF servers and back to our normal year-round server tomorrow afternoon at 5pm EST so expect the forum to be down while the move is happening so posts don't get lost.

#143 Kanyon71  OFFLINE  

Kanyon71

• 2,427 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Today, 6:47 am

What they don't know won't hurt them. :sidesplit

#144 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,355 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Today, 4:57 pm

FYI, moving GD off our BF servers and back to our normal year-round server tomorrow afternoon at 5pm EST so expect the forum to be down while the move is happening so posts don't get lost.

Some issues with the move but we're still working on them. Had some avatars that weren't loading but those seem to be fixed now.

#145 len_mullen  OFFLINE  

len_mullen

• 1,236 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Today, 5:56 pm

The IMPORTANT ones are loading  :gd_purple  :gd_purple  :gd_purple

#146 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Today, 6:37 pm

Some issues with the move but we're still working on them. Had some avatars that weren't loading but those seem to be fixed now.

At least you didn’t have one of those bomb threats that were reported around the country come in to your office... (Yep my office and our manufacturing plant in OH both were among the many places that received those threats today.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users