GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

Whenever you want to start works for me.  I think it's great that you have this extra contest and I have really enjoyed being a part of it!!!

Since this 2019 club ends this month, I'm thinking of starting the 2020 club in the first half of November, accepting the fact that with that much time to join the club (and during the busiest time of the year) we may just have a whole bunch of members compared to the first 2 years, at least until the first few months are over and people drop off. I would just choose a prize for 2020 that won't cost me $10 to ship with that many people possibly getting one lol.

• Like 1

If anyone does not receive their bags by Tuesday (no mail service Monday), send me a PM and I'll check the tracking to see what's up.

Sorry for replying so late.. it’s been a busy couple of weeks. I did get my bags, thanks Brad! And thank you for putting these awesome contests together.

I'll ask a question.

In the Christmas song game thread, I posted a lyric from a song my high school chorus performed for one of our holiday concerts. Being that it was at least 42 years ago, I only remember the one line, although I do recall the song itself was variations on Jingle Bells sung in the style of different cultures. I searched for the actual title and lyrics, but came up empty handed. None of the other players knew it, although a guess was made at Jingle Bell Jazz, but the link to the lyric is broken, and I don't recall the song being jazzy in any way.

I recall it being called something like Jingle Bells Around the World, but all that is coming up is sheet music for an instrumental for symphonic band.

The lyric I recall is:

On a one horse surfboard

sung in a Hawaiian/Polynesian style.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? It is now driving me loco.

Edited by Gator Pam
  • Like 1

I'll ask a question.

In the Christmas song game thread, I posted a lyric from a song my high school chorus performed for one of our holiday concerts. Being that it was at least 42 years ago, I only remember the one line, although I do recall the song itself was variations on Jingle Bells sung in the style of different cultures. I searched for the actual title and lyrics, but came up empty handed. None of the other players knew it, although a guess was made at Jingle Bell Jazz, but the link to the lyric is broken, and I don't recall the song being jazzy in any way.

I recall it being called something like Jingle Bells Around the World, but all that is coming up is sheet music for an instrumental for symphonic band.

The lyric I recall is:

On a one horse surfboard

I wish I knew to make that nag go away for you,but,I don't

Is it possible that your choir director used different words to another song..I know that my children's director has done that ,both with regular choir and our show choir.

I'll ask a question.

In the Christmas song game thread, I posted a lyric from a song my high school chorus performed for one of our holiday concerts. Being that it was at least 42 years ago,...........

The lyric I recall is:

On a one horse surfboard

I did a brief search and Lyrics.com found nothing.

Neither can I find an old song from a WashingtonDC radio station titled “Your friendly neighborhood narco agent”

I use my bags at least twice a week when I go to Aldi’s!

lol i remember when we only needed them for aldis. my state banned shopping bags in ALL locations . even fast food. to protect the environment .. now you bring bags everywhere. they can give you paper only , but because of this new plastic bag ban , they charge you for every brown bag. so it only makes sense to use recycle bags. .. as much as people are complaining, its best for the environment's future. .

lol i remember when we only needed them for aldis. my state banned shopping bags in ALL locations . even fast food. to protect the environment .. now you bring bags everywhere. they can give you paper only , but because of this new plastic bag ban , they charge you for every brown bag. so it only makes sense to use recycle bags. .. as much as people are complaining, its best for the environment's future. .

It really isn't.  Every time I line a trash can with a re-purposed plastic bag, I eliminate the need for Glad to manufacture one in China, ship it across the globe, and sell it to me.  Massachusetts has banned plastic bags, so I bring my spares to work in Lynn Massachusetts and share them as FREEDOM BAGS.  Use Less, Re-Use, Recycle.  BTW, the Glad bags you pay for end up in the same land fill as my FREEDOM BAGS.

Edited by len_mullen
  • Like 1