GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

I just sent out PMs to everyone who has qualified for the first 11 months to get your addresses for shipping out the tote bags so please reply to those PMs ASAP so I can get these sent out before things start getting too busy around here.

I assume you all will complete your obligation and will also post in here in October as well :)

• Like 12

I just sent out PMs to everyone who has qualified for the first 11 months to get your addresses for shipping out the tote bags so please reply to those PMs ASAP so I can get these sent out before things start getting too busy around here.

I assume you all will complete your obligation and will also post in here in October as well :)

Brad, I’m pretty sure I never missed a month but I haven’t received a PM...

Happy October, Prize Club! :) It’s been awesome reading all the stories, recipes, advice, and general good stuff! Today will be our last nasty 90 degree day here, and then we ‘fall into fall’ for real! Bring on that sweater weather!!

Ten months, ten topics...

1. Feb: CES 2019 should give us some ideas about what Black Friday 2019 will be all about.  A review of what they hope we'll buy.
  2. March: Best Air Fryer recipes/uses.  Going to try a blooming onion tomorrow.  Jury is still out on this counter top wonder.
  3. Apr: In 1999, I took a job in a group called Architecture Technology Organization (aka ATO).  These were all the geeks and those who managed them.  On my first day on the job, I learned about X10.  Within a couple weeks, I was living in a smart home.  Not a lot of X10 in my house these days, but the house is even smarter thanks to Alexa.  Some thoughts on getting started with automation.
  4. May: In May of 2010 I fired Comcast.  A lot has changed over nine years.  This is how I would cut the cord in 2019...
  5. Jun: Cash back for dummies.  Best credit cards and loyalty programs for people who do not want miles.
  6. Jul: Prime Day Primer.
  7. Aug: Drying food on purpose.
  8. Sep: Televisions.
  9. Oct: Laptops.
  10. Nov: Time to talk about Black Friday 2019!

I started a thread here: http://forums.gottadeal.com/topic/321250-black-friday-laptop-discussion/

Checking in for October, a month filled with many birthdays. My sister would be 42 this month if it wasn't for cervical cancer.  October is Breast Cancer Awareness month but I feel sad for those with other types of cancer that get overlooked.  By the way January is Cervical Cancer Awareness month.

I have about 2-3 friends birthdays on October 2nd, so I better get ready to give them a ring.  Sadly though the date in recent years has been scarred into me as it was the date another friend of mine committed suicide.  We had gone our separate ways in the years leading up to it, but it hurt me so much hearing the news.  I cried more at his funeral than I did at other family members.  If you know someone who's feeling down in the dumps, have a little chat with them.  Maybe its just a bad day, maybe its a bad year, but without talking with them, a bad day turns into a bad year, which could turn into something much worse.

Sorry to bring everyone down this month, but Fall has this stigma of death for me, my dad passed in September a couple weeks after somebody else I knew passed.  In November my grandpa passed while I was a Senior in high school, and a few years later a close family friend passed on Black Friday.  My dad and I had talked to him just hours earlier that morning as I wrapped up BF shopping.  Later that day someone checked on him at his farm and he had a heart attack and passed.

Maybe that's why I hang around this site so much during BF season because it takes my mind off stuff.  Maybe this site is my therapy, my way to cope with the season.  Even though I don't buy much on Black Friday anymore, it is still soothing to come to Gottadeal and see the new ads and occasionally join in on the banter on the Holiday forums.  Thank you Brad and everyone else that makes this site great!

Closing on a positive note, maybe we'll see our first ad soon!