GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

Second, I have been getting a lot of snail mail encouraging me to participate in a census test.  After some research (via duckduckgo.com not the G* search engine), I decided the request was legit and gave it a ride (the mailings threatened to send someone to my home to 'help me complete the census' if I did not comply).  The survey asked about

• People in my home
    • Gender (only male/female options)
    • Relationship between the two people in my home (including same sex relationship)
    • Who owned the house
  • Race
    • First, are you Hispanic
    • Second, are some specific hispanic, asian, black, or white 
    • I chose 'other' and entered American.  I have been saying this to surveys (and social science teachers) since eighth grade.  Like Elizabeth Warren, I have anecdotes to support my claims of multi-ethnicity.   :gd_soapbo
  • Citizenship: IMHO, this is the only legitimate, Constitutional question in the census.  The Constitutional purpose of the census is to apportion representatives across the states based on the count of citizens represented.   :gd_soapbo

If you do not complete the census, you can be fined up to $100 (last enforced int he 70s); if you lie on the census, you can be fined up to $500.   :curse:

I've been asked to quite a few random census surveys lately. They are the american community survey, where they get more detailed information on demographics in areas.

Then we received follow up surveys, targeting those who I think completed the ACS and noted they were a college graduate, asking even more detailed info.

I filled them out (even without threat of penalty) as one of the groups I work with does research on the data (de-identified, obviously, trying to look at trends through all the data sets to explain changes in society.) Good times. Please do these surveys.

Happy July everybody!

Counting days till I’m next at a race track (31). Missing my track family but enjoying the summer.

Considering a trip to Cedar Point this year - now that I’m no longer concerned about fitting in the seats well (this was my reality until I got serious about getting healthy early last year), I figure it’s high time to indulge my love of roller coasters again. After all, it’s only been 20 years since I was last there (yes, really! Where did that time go???).

Some updates on my journey:

- The scale readings are still trending downward but more slowly these days. No surprise, since I’m down to the last 45-50 lbs that need to leave.

- I’ve been doing more working out (both strength and cardio) to build lean muscle. Another reason the scale isn’t dropping faster. Body composition changes over just straight weight loss.

- I’ve learned I don’t love running in the heat but I do love the way I feel afterward, especially when I jump into that nice refreshing shower. Body basically is telling me to keep after it.

Latest “before and after” side-by-sides (Jan 12 2018 L, July 3 2019 R):

d43c3d8cb059aafb6262afd6ae449519.jpg

Hope all of you are well! [emoji4]

Go for it!!! If you do go buy the fast pass.  You don't have to wait in line as long, therefore, you can ride more roller coasters in a day :) Oh, and buy the $10 drink wristband. Its well worth it, even if you only get water. 

I personally want to do another trip to Kings Island, been awhile.  I love their water park.  

Happy July everybody!

Counting days till I’m next at a race track (31). Missing my track family but enjoying the summer.

Considering a trip to Cedar Point this year - now that I’m no longer concerned about fitting in the seats well (this was my reality until I got serious about getting healthy early last year), I figure it’s high time to indulge my love of roller coasters again. After all, it’s only been 20 years since I was last there (yes, really! Where did that time go???).

- The scale readings are still trending downward but more slowly these days. No surprise, since I’m down to the last 45-50 lbs that need to leave.

- I’ve been doing more working out (both strength and cardio) to build lean muscle. Another reason the scale isn’t dropping faster. Body composition changes over just straight weight loss.

- I’ve learned I don’t love running in the heat but I do love the way I feel afterward, especially when I jump into that nice refreshing shower. Body basically is telling me to keep after it.

You look great! It’s hard sometimes to keep motivated with the healthy eating when you don’t see the scale move much. Way to stick with it.

Husband has been wanting to buy a new truck for a couple months. We finally went into the dealership today and placed a special order with the factory. Now we wait. He does NOT do waiting very well.

We almost impulse bought a Mustang GT for me while we were there. They had just got a trade in yesterday in the color I wanted with very low miles, so it was tempting. That would have been a bad idea!!

• Like 2

Happy July everybody!

WONDERFUL!! So happy for you, keep it up. 

• Like 1

Prime Day #1.........bought toilet cleaner. :)

And I thought it was HanShOtFirst...

I bought a...

• 4k Fire TV Stick plus an Echo Dot for $21.99
  • $25 gift card for the $5 credit
  • 10" Fire HD Tablet for $99.99 minus a 25% discount for a trade in
  • 4k Fire TV Stick for $24.99

I had the $400 75" TCL Roku TV from Best Buy in my cart, but could not pull the trigger.  I would have been all over the $179.99 Recast had I not already bought one for $229.99 last sale.  I am still talking myself out of the Ring doorbell at $99.99.  I still may get the $4.99 smart plug and the $4.95 LED four pack.  $69.99 for the FTV Cube is a great deal.  Ditto on the $20 Echo Connect.  (Got one, love it!)  The $14.99 128GB Sandisk micro USB thumb drive was a great deal.  Great way to do automated back ups of a laptop -- any PC, but especially a laptop...

Schedule SyncToy Sync Task in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8 or Windows 7

1. In Windows Windows Vista or Windows 7, click on the Start menu, then select All Programs – Accessories – System Tools – Task Scheduler.

In Windows 8, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, search for Task Scheduler.

In Windows 10, you can also click or tap on Start -> Windows Administrator Tools -> Task Scheduler.

2. Click on Create Basic Task in the “Actions” pane on the right.
  3. In the “Create Basic Task Wizard”, type in a Name and Description. For example, SyncToy Synchronization.
  4. Click on Next button.
  5. Choose the frequency of when do you want the task to start. If you always make changes to the files, Daily is a good choice.
  6. Click on Next button.
  7. Choose date and times (if applicable) to trigger and run the task.
  8. Click on Next button.
  9. In the “Action” step, select Start a Program as the option for the task to perform.
  10. Click on Next button.
  11. Under “Program/Script”, click on Browse button and locate the SyncToyCmd.exe. Normally it’s located in “C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.1/SyncToyCmd.exe” for SyncToy 2.1.
  12. In the “Add Arguments” textbox, type -R. –R will run all folder pairs that are active for run all. If you want to run just a single folder pair, add –R”folder pair name” to the end of the command line.

Note: there is a space before the hyphen but not one after the R. If the folder pair name contains a space, surround it with quotation marks, as the example above shows. For another example, assume that SyncToy is in the folder named C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.0\ and that you want to run a folder pair named “My folder pair.” Enter the command line as follows, including the quotation marks: “C:\Program Files\SyncToy 2.0\SyncToyCmd.exe” -R”My folder pair.” Note that there are two sets of quotation marks in this case: one is around the path to the SyncToy program file and the other surrounds the folder pair name.

• Like 2

As if buying a mattress isn’t hard enough, I can find one manufacturer that carries a split queen anymore, and it’s in NY. I really don’t want to lose my adjustable base or move to a king which would take more space. Decisions, decisions....

As if buying a mattress isn’t hard enough, I can find one manufacturer that carries a split queen anymore, and it’s in NY. I really don’t want to lose my adjustable base or move to a king which would take more space. Decisions, decisions....

KING all the way. Darned be the space. lol

• Like 1

My Prime Day packages are rolling in. I spent under $100 and very happy with what I got. Pantry code and coupons stacked an got 2 jumbo packs of TP, 3 45-count trash bags, a two pack of jumbo Clorox wipes. $8 for all that, it was fun opening that box.
  • Like 2

I didn’t order on prime day just got busy and forget n today I went out to my pool n realized last time I was out there I left my Alexa. Well after sever days of rain it’s no good. So well now I need to order a new one lol

Don't know what kind you had - but Woot.com has a KILLER Deal today...

Amazon Fire HD 8 (2017) Tablet [includes Special Offers], 8" HD Touchscreen IPS Display, Quad-Core 1.3GHz Processor, 802.11n, FireOS 5 - (Your Choice: Model)

$54.99–$59.99

NEW

Free Shipping for Prime Members when you Log in with Your Amazon Account info. or pay $6

2fb040ad-c348-4fc6-b3e4-d3a91f044336.jpg

I got a 2018 8" with 32GB for $59.99 from Woot.com a month ago.  A couple days later they lowered the price and refunded me $10.  How cool is that?  I really like the free shipping for Prime members.

On Prime Day, I bought a current gen 10" model from Amazon.com for $139.99.  I traded in a first gen 7" with a cracked screen that would not take a charge or run off AC.  They gave me $5 plus 25% off the 10" unit for that, so the net cost was $139.99 x .75 = $104.99 - $5 credit = $99.99 (never mind 6% back for using my store card).

Edited by len_mullen
  • Like 1

Son the other day "Can we look at blankets, I need a new one"

Me "No, I have one left from Kohls pre-BF sale that I'll give you"

Thinking to myself "Ugh, cann't wait to get more blankets"

• Like 8

I avoid looking at the big one throw designs online so I don’t get tempted to buy more. They will definitely be on my Black Friday shopping list this year though as the dog has put some small holes in 2 of ours. I’m excited to see what designs they will have by then!

• Like 2

Our granddaughter has taken over her grandpa's so I'm definitely getting her one on BF.

A few extra too.

• Like 1

This will be my first year to do Kohl's Black Friday with one of their credit cards - the deals were amazing in the past - I can't wait until this Black Friday! :) I have been buying throws on their sales throughout this year, but am planning on STOCKING up for the whole family this BF!

• Like 3

I love the throws from Kohls, the only problem is if I buy any more I will have no place for them LOL as we have way too any now.

"I cannot buy another Kohl's throw, I cannot buy another Kohl's throw, I cannot buy another Kohl's throw"...……..I've already started this on constant repeat in my head.  I still have one left over from last year that I never gifted or opened.  :)

• Like 2

"I cannot buy another Kohl's throw, I cannot buy another Kohl's throw, I cannot buy another Kohl's throw"...……..I've already started this on constant repeat in my head. I still have one left over from last year that I never gifted or opened. :)

that means it need company so it’s not lonely. You need at least one more then.
  • Like 3