GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

I told my kids the other day that Christmas in July sales and Prime Day are coming up. I need wish lists!

Of course, they LOL'd my text and not a one of them has sent me a list.  I'll ask again in November, and won't get lists then either. But I'm always hopeful :).

• Like 6

I told my kids the other day that Christmas in July sales and Prime Day are coming up. I need wish lists!

Of course, they LOL'd my text and not a one of them has sent me a list.  I'll ask again in November, and won't get lists then either. But I'm always hopeful :).

Just one time, wrap up pieces of coal for them.  You will no longer have to beg for lists.

• Like 6

Checking in for June! Not sure if I did or not. Lol the rain in Ohio is terrible. I’m so over it. Mud mud n more mud.

I agree this rain is terrible and it looks like rain in my part of Ohio for another week or so. UGH! I really want summer!!

Just one time, wrap up pieces of coal for them.  You will no longer have to beg for lists.

I LOVE this idea! Last year two of my grown children decided to give me a list 2 weeks before Christmas! Their shopping was already finished, but I wound up using gift cards I had gotten for them as well as cash to give them things off their list - totally threw off my wrapping and waiting for things to be delivered in time!

NOT this year - they will get what ever they get! They can return it and trade it in for their last minute ideas if they like - but I am NO LONGER bending over backwards. Spoiled little poops!

• Like 6

We went berry picking today. We got a gallon of blueberries and 2 gallons of blackberries. I always go overboard and then we can't eat them all. I'll make some BlackBerry jam, so that will make a dent. We don't much eat fruit on or in things, so I don't know why I always get so much. But fresh picked fruit is SO good!!
  • Like 8

We went berry picking today. We got a gallon of blueberries and 2 gallons of blackberries. I always go overboard and then we can't eat them all. I'll make some BlackBerry jam, so that will make a dent. We don't much eat fruit on or in things, so I don't know why I always get so much. But fresh picked fruit is SO good!!

You answered your own question! Fresh picked is so good! It’s hard to stop, even when you know you already have more than enough!!!

• Like 4

You answered your own question! Fresh picked is so good! It’s hard to stop, even when you know you already have more than enough!!!

Right, when you are picking it doesnt seem like you have enough until you get to the register and they weigh it and after you have baked 20 pies and still have left overs. My favorite is apple picking but the strawberry patches are great as well. 

• Like 3

Right, when you are picking it doesnt seem like you have enough until you get to the register and they weigh it and after you have baked 20 pies and still have left overs. My favorite is apple picking but the strawberry patches are great as well. 

When I was a kid, there was a field of blueberry bushes down the road from our home.  Around this time of year (when my mother got sick of summer vacation, I suspect), we were sent into the field with coffee cans to harvest.  Blueberry pancakes, blueberry syrup, blueberry muffins, blueberry...I don't eat blueberries anymore.  There was collateral damage -- blue fingers, tongue, and lips plus an occasional bee sting.  

• Like 2

Looking forward to hearing of your experience. We love the air fryer, but only use it for chicken.

We did some wings in it the other night and they came out pretty decent. Need to figure out how to get them to crisp up more though. I’m actually looking forward to trying some fries or tots in it. Quieter than the convection oven and the kitchen doesn’t heat up as much in our limited use.

Any suggestions/recipes you may have would be great.

We did some wings in it the other night and they came out pretty decent. Need to figure out how to get them to crisp up more though. I’m actually looking forward to trying some fries or tots in it. Quieter than the convection oven and the kitchen doesn’t heat up as much in our limited use.

The big thing we do in the air fryer is chicken cordon bleu.  I could never make it before the air fryer and it's a huge hit now that I have one...

Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cordon Bleu

Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cordon Bleu Author: The Blue Jean Chef, Meredith Laurence Serves: 2   

Here's your classic chicken cordon bleu recipe, but coated in bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese for a crispy exterior AND made easily in the air fryer. Dress it up with a simple sauce like the Brandy Mustard Cream Sauce. 
From Air Fry Genius by Meredith Laurence Ingredients 

• 2 (6-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 4 slices Swiss cheese
  • 4 slices deli-sliced ham
  • ¼ cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • ¾ cup panko breadcrumbs
  • ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese 

Instructions 
  1. Butterfly the chicken breasts. Place the chicken breast on a cutting board and press down on the breast with the palm of your hand. Slice into the long side of the chicken breast, parallel to the cutting board, but not all the way through to the other side. Open the chicken breast like a “book”. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the chicken breast and gently pound it with a meat mallet to make it evenly thick.
  2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Spread the Dijon mustard on the inside of each chicken breast. Layer one slice of cheese on top of the mustard, then top with the 2 slices of ham and the other slice of cheese.
  3. Starting with the long edge of the chicken breast, roll the chicken up to the other side. Secure it shut with 1 or 2 toothpicks.
  4. Pre-heat the air fryer to 350ºF.
  5. Set up a dredging station with three shallow dishes. Place the flour in the first dish. Place the beaten egg in the second shallow dish. Combine the panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together in the third shallow dish. Dip the stuffed and rolled chicken breasts in the flour, then the beaten egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs-cheese mixture to cover on all sides. Press the crumbs onto the chicken breasts with your hands to make sure they are well adhered. Spray the chicken breasts with olive oil and transfer to the air fryer basket.
  6. Air-fry at 350°F for 14 minutes, flipping the breasts over halfway through the cooking time. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before removing the toothpicks, slicing and serving. 
Short skewers are easier to use and remove than toothpicks...

More sustainable too, I suppose.   :howdy:

Notes: I like big breasts.  We also feed my dog boiled chicken and white rice.  When I shop for chicken breast, I grab the biggest ones I can get my hands on, freeze them partially lying smooth side down on a cookie sheet, slice a half inch off the smooth side, and pound that to about a quarter inch.  It's easy to work with and yields great chicken rolls.  I use the other half of the breast for dog food.  My kid does not like the mustard, so I just leave it out.

We like rotisserie chicken.  Had a Ronco machine then made do with a rotisserie toaster oven.  Much easier, much faster, and much better to simply cook the whole chicken in the air fryer...

Rotisserie Style Whole Chicken in the Air Fryer

With this Rotisserie Style Whole Chicken Air Fryer Method, you will enjoy a very juicy chicken with a flavorful crisp skin. Low carb and keto too!

by This Old Gal

Ingredients
  • 1 Whole Chicken cleaned and blotted dry
  • 2 Tablespoons Ghee (or Coconut or Olive Oil)
  • 1 Tablespoon TOG House Seasoning

Instructions
  1. Remove giblet packet from chicken and pat dry.
  2. Rub Ghee/Oil all over chicken and season generously.
  3. Place chicken, breast side down into Air Fryer.
  4. Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
  5. Flip chicken over and cook for 350 degrees for an additional 30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
  6. Let rest for 10 minutes and then serve.
For other types of chicken, I use my favorite recipe with the cooking instructions from this recipe...

Ingredients
  • 3 chicken thighs with skin, raw
  • 3 chicken legs with skin, raw
  • 1 cup buttermilk, whole
  • 2 cups flour, white
  • 1 Tbsp. black pepper 
  • 1 Tbsp. garlic powder 
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
  • 1 tsp. cumin
  • 1 Tbsp. paprika 
  • 1 Tbsp. sea salt 
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil 

Instructions
  1. Soak the chicken in the buttermilk in the fridge for 2 hours.
  2. Add the seasonings to the flour with oil and mix well.
  3. Dip the chicken into the flour mix, then in buttermilk, and back into the flour.
  4. Place the chicken into the Fry Basket. Repeat until all the chicken is coated.
  5. Place the Fry Basket into the Air Fryer.
  6. Cook for 20 minutes at 360°F.
  7. Turn the chicken every 5 minutes.
  8. Serve when chicken is cooked to desired crispness. 
Use this for your wings.  Apply your favorite sauce AFTER cooking...

HOT WINGS

Ingredients
  • 12 chicken wings, drumettes, raw 
  • 1/2 cup buffalo sauce 

Instructions
  1. Place the wings into the Fry Basket and into the Air Fryer.
  2. Cook for 16 minutes at 400°F.
  3. Half way through the time, flip the wings.
  4. When done remove and toss with the sauce. 

Cat fish is not [yet] great, but better than I do in a frying pan...

Air Fryer Southern Fried Catfish

Ingredients
  • 2 pounds Catfish Fillets
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 1 Lemon
  • 1/2 cup Yellow Mustard

Cornmeal Seasoning Mix
  • 1/2 cup Cornmeal
  • 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour
  • 2 Tablespoons Dried Parsley Flakes
  • 1/2 teaspoon Kosher Salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
  • 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Instructions
  1. Place Catfish into a flat container and add Milk. Cut Lemon in half and squeeze about two teaspoons of juice into Milk to make Buttermilk. Place container in refrigerator and let Fillets soak for 15 minutes.
  2. In a shallow bowl, combine Cornmeal Seasoning Ingredients.
  3. Remove Fillets from Buttermilk and pat dry with paper towels.
  4. Spread Mustard generously over both sides of Fillets.
  5. Dip each Fillet into Cornmeal mixture and coat well to make a thick coating.
  6. Place Fillets into greased Air Fryer Basket. Spray generously with oil.
  7. Cook at 390/400 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip over Fillets and spray with Oil and cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
  • Like 3

All of Len's recipes are superb. My only other suggestion is to follow the advice of J. Kenji López-Alt of The Food Lab, and dust the wings the night before with baking powdee. Air dry overnight in the fridge, and then follow Len's method.

Kenji's article is for oven fried wings, but the prep is the same.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2010/02/the-best-baked-buffalo-chicken-wings-in-oven-not-fried-appetizers.html

• Like 1

The big thing we do in the air fryer is chicken cordon bleu. I could never make it before the air fryer and it's a huge hit now that I have one...

Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cordon Bleu Author: The Blue Jean Chef, Meredith Laurence Serves: 2

Here's your classic chicken cordon bleu recipe, but coated in bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese for a crispy exterior AND made easily in the air fryer. Dress it up with a simple sauce like the Brandy Mustard Cream Sauce.

• 4 slices Swiss cheese
  • 1 egg, beaten

Instructions

• Butterfly the chicken breasts. Place the chicken breast on a cutting board and press down on the breast with the palm of your hand. Slice into the long side of the chicken breast, parallel to the cutting board, but not all the way through to the other side. Open the chicken breast like a “book”. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the chicken breast and gently pound it with a meat mallet to make it evenly thick.
  • Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Spread the Dijon mustard on the inside of each chicken breast. Layer one slice of cheese on top of the mustard, then top with the 2 slices of ham and the other slice of cheese.
  • Starting with the long edge of the chicken breast, roll the chicken up to the other side. Secure it shut with 1 or 2 toothpicks.
  • Pre-heat the air fryer to 350ºF.
  • Set up a dredging station with three shallow dishes. Place the flour in the first dish. Place the beaten egg in the second shallow dish. Combine the panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together in the third shallow dish. Dip the stuffed and rolled chicken breasts in the flour, then the beaten egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs-cheese mixture to cover on all sides. Press the crumbs onto the chicken breasts with your hands to make sure they are well adhered. Spray the chicken breasts with olive oil and transfer to the air fryer basket.
  • Air-fry at 350°F for 14 minutes, flipping the breasts over halfway through the cooking time. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before removing the toothpicks, slicing and serving.

https://www.amazon.com/Regency-Turkey-Lacers-Trussing-inches/dp/B001B14OC2/ref=sr_1_22?keywords=short+skewers&qid=1561108311&s=gateway&sr=8-22

More sustainable too, I suppose. :howdy:

Notes: I like big breasts. We also feed my dog boiled chicken and white rice. When I shop for chicken breast, I grab the biggest ones I can get my hands on, freeze them partially lying smooth side down on a cookie sheet, slice a half inch off the smooth side, and pound that to about a quarter inch. It's easy to work with and yields great chicken rolls. I use the other half of the breast for dog food. My kid does not like the mustard, so I just leave it out.

We like rotisserie chicken. Had a Ronco machine then made do with a rotisserie toaster oven. Much easier, much faster, and much better to simply cook the whole chicken in the air fryer...

With this Rotisserie Style Whole Chicken Air Fryer Method, you will enjoy a very juicy chicken with a flavorful crisp skin. Low carb and keto too!

by This Old Gal

Ingredients

Instructions

• Remove giblet packet from chicken and pat dry.
  • Rub Ghee/Oil all over chicken and season generously.
  • Place chicken, breast side down into Air Fryer.
  • Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
  • Flip chicken over and cook for 350 degrees for an additional 30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
  • Let rest for 10 minutes and then serve.
For other types of chicken, I use my favorite recipe with the cooking instructions from this recipe...

Ingredients

• 2 cups flour, white
  • 1 Tbsp. black pepper
  • 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • 1 tsp. cumin
  • 1 Tbsp. paprika
  • 1 Tbsp. sea salt
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil

Instructions

• Soak the chicken in the buttermilk in the fridge for 2 hours.
  • Add the seasonings to the flour with oil and mix well.
  • Dip the chicken into the flour mix, then in buttermilk, and back into the flour.
  • Place the chicken into the Fry Basket. Repeat until all the chicken is coated.
  • Place the Fry Basket into the Air Fryer.
  • Cook for 20 minutes at 360°F.
  • Turn the chicken every 5 minutes.
  • Serve when chicken is cooked to desired crispness.
Use this for your wings. Apply your favorite sauce AFTER cooking...

HOT WINGS

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup buffalo sauce

Instructions

• Place the wings into the Fry Basket and into the Air Fryer.
  • Cook for 16 minutes at 400°F.
  • Half way through the time, flip the wings.
  • When done remove and toss with the sauce.

Ingredients

• 1 cup Milk
  • 1 Lemon
  • 1/2 cup Yellow Mustard

Cornmeal Seasoning Mix

• 1/2 cup Cornmeal
Instructions
  • Place Catfish into a flat container and add Milk. Cut Lemon in half and squeeze about two teaspoons of juice into Milk to make Buttermilk. Place container in refrigerator and let Fillets soak for 15 minutes.
  • In a shallow bowl, combine Cornmeal Seasoning Ingredients.
  • Remove Fillets from Buttermilk and pat dry with paper towels.
  • Spread Mustard generously over both sides of Fillets.
  • Dip each Fillet into Cornmeal mixture and coat well to make a thick coating.
  • Place Fillets into greased Air Fryer Basket. Spray generously with oil.
  • Cook at 390/400 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip over Fillets and spray with Oil and cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
Awesome thank you. Will be trying these out definitely.

All of Len's recipes are superb. My only other suggestion is to follow the advice of J. Kenji López-Alt of The Food Lab, and dust the wings the night before with baking powdee. Air dry overnight in the fridge, and then follow Len's method.

Kenji's article is for oven fried wings, but the prep is the same.

https://www.seriouseats.com/2010/02/the-best-baked-buffalo-chicken-wings-in-oven-not-fried-appetizers.html

ya I saw some about baking powder after we tried them. May have to give that a shot.

The big thing we do in the air fryer is chicken cordon bleu.  I could never make it before the air fryer and it's a huge hit now that I have one...

• 4 slices Swiss cheese
  • 1 egg, beaten

Instructions 
  1. Butterfly the chicken breasts. Place the chicken breast on a cutting board and press down on the breast with the palm of your hand. Slice into the long side of the chicken breast, parallel to the cutting board, but not all the way through to the other side. Open the chicken breast like a “book”. Place a piece of plastic wrap over the chicken breast and gently pound it with a meat mallet to make it evenly thick.
  2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Spread the Dijon mustard on the inside of each chicken breast. Layer one slice of cheese on top of the mustard, then top with the 2 slices of ham and the other slice of cheese.
  3. Starting with the long edge of the chicken breast, roll the chicken up to the other side. Secure it shut with 1 or 2 toothpicks.
  4. Pre-heat the air fryer to 350ºF.
  5. Set up a dredging station with three shallow dishes. Place the flour in the first dish. Place the beaten egg in the second shallow dish. Combine the panko breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together in the third shallow dish. Dip the stuffed and rolled chicken breasts in the flour, then the beaten egg and then roll in the breadcrumbs-cheese mixture to cover on all sides. Press the crumbs onto the chicken breasts with your hands to make sure they are well adhered. Spray the chicken breasts with olive oil and transfer to the air fryer basket.
  6. Air-fry at 350°F for 14 minutes, flipping the breasts over halfway through the cooking time. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before removing the toothpicks, slicing and serving. 

More sustainable too, I suppose.   :howdy:

Notes: I like big breasts.  We also feed my dog boiled chicken and white rice.  When I shop for chicken breast, I grab the biggest ones I can get my hands on, freeze them partially lying smooth side down on a cookie sheet, slice a half inch off the smooth side, and pound that to about a quarter inch.  It's easy to work with and yields great chicken rolls.  I use the other half of the breast for dog food.  My kid does not like the mustard, so I just leave it out.

We like rotisserie chicken.  Had a Ronco machine then made do with a rotisserie toaster oven.  Much easier, much faster, and much better to simply cook the whole chicken in the air fryer...

by This Old Gal

Ingredients

Instructions
  1. Remove giblet packet from chicken and pat dry.
  2. Rub Ghee/Oil all over chicken and season generously.
  3. Place chicken, breast side down into Air Fryer.
  4. Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
  5. Flip chicken over and cook for 350 degrees for an additional 30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
  6. Let rest for 10 minutes and then serve.

Ingredients
  • 2 cups flour, white
  • 1 Tbsp. black pepper 
  • 1 Tbsp. garlic powder 
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • 1 tsp. cumin
  • 1 Tbsp. paprika 
  • 1 Tbsp. sea salt 
  • 1 Tbsp. olive oil 

Instructions
  1. Soak the chicken in the buttermilk in the fridge for 2 hours.
  2. Add the seasonings to the flour with oil and mix well.
  3. Dip the chicken into the flour mix, then in buttermilk, and back into the flour.
  4. Place the chicken into the Fry Basket. Repeat until all the chicken is coated.
  5. Place the Fry Basket into the Air Fryer.
  6. Cook for 20 minutes at 360°F.
  7. Turn the chicken every 5 minutes.
  8. Serve when chicken is cooked to desired crispness. 
Use this for your wings.  Apply your favorite sauce AFTER cooking...

HOT WINGS

Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup buffalo sauce 

Instructions
  1. Place the wings into the Fry Basket and into the Air Fryer.
  2. Cook for 16 minutes at 400°F.
  3. Half way through the time, flip the wings.
  4. When done remove and toss with the sauce. 

Ingredients
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 1 Lemon
  • 1/2 cup Yellow Mustard

Cornmeal Seasoning Mix
  • 1/2 cup Cornmeal
Instructions
  1. Place Catfish into a flat container and add Milk. Cut Lemon in half and squeeze about two teaspoons of juice into Milk to make Buttermilk. Place container in refrigerator and let Fillets soak for 15 minutes.
  2. In a shallow bowl, combine Cornmeal Seasoning Ingredients.
  3. Remove Fillets from Buttermilk and pat dry with paper towels.
  4. Spread Mustard generously over both sides of Fillets.
  5. Dip each Fillet into Cornmeal mixture and coat well to make a thick coating.
  6. Place Fillets into greased Air Fryer Basket. Spray generously with oil.
  7. Cook at 390/400 degrees for 10 minutes. Flip over Fillets and spray with Oil and cook an additional 3-5 minutes.

Woah!  I just printed this out.  I'm going to cook some of these!  Thanks Len!

• Like 1

So, I read that today is Leon Day (Noel, spelled backward). And, apparently, on this day you get to listen to Christmas music as loud and freely as you want. So I didn't go that far, I won't make my coworkers listen, LOL. But I DO have it cranked in the headset right now.   :guitarist  :holiday16

• Like 5

So, I read that today is Leon Day (Noel, spelled backward). And, apparently, on this day you get to listen to Christmas music as loud and freely as you want. So I didn't go that far, I won't make my coworkers listen, LOL. But I DO have it cranked in the headset right now.   :guitarist  :holiday16

I wondered what the heck Leon Day was - thanks for clarifying! :)  I listen to Christmas music at least once a week as loud as I want - so guess I celebrate year-round. ;)

• Like 1

Update on the BF survival kits we'll be giving away this year in lieu (kind of) of t-shirts. They'll all be full of GD merch items (details to come) and as of now, approximately 1 out of every 5 will contain either a gift card ranging in value from $5 to $100 (as of now we have Amazon, Walmart & Target included) or a certificate for one of the ultra limited edition BF t-shirts. I'm going to try to get more gift cards, shirts and possibly other "premium" items over the next few months so those odds should be a little better by the time we actually start giving them away.

So winning one will be your first thrill and then opening it up to see if you were one of the lucky ones to win something extra will be another.

• Like 16

Fun!

Speaking of extras, did the person who received the gift card last year ever post about receiving it? If so, I never saw the post. Who got it?

Which gift card was that? We give away a lot of gift cards and I'm confused haha.