GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

I’m still looking for a good deal on an air fryer that can handle food for 5.

I am still loving my 6-quart Power Air Fryer Oven I bought from Kohl's with the $10/$50 Home coupon, 30% off, and $10 Kohl's Cash during the last promotion. With the racks, the 6-quart may be big enough for a family of 5, but the 8-quart would probably be better.

For some reason, I can't order this via the Kohl's app, but the 6-quart is available via kohls.com. The 8-quart is not available through them, though.

The current offer does not include the $10/$50 Home coupon, but they are offering $15 Kohl's Cash, instead of $10 for each $50 spent. If you can score a 40% off discount on mystery code day, it may be worth your while.

I am still concerned about the reviews saying the unit suddenly stops powering on, especially after the 60 day manufacturer's warranty runs out, which is why I bought it via Kohl's, besides the price deals versus the manufacturer website. However, I think I have only seen the 8-quart model available on the manufacturer website, unless amazon also carries it. The manufacturer website does offer a 6-year extended warranty for an additional $40, should you decide to try them for the 8-quart model. I have heard you can also purchase the extended warranty from them, even if you do purchase the unit elsewhere.

But, so far, I am loving it.

https://m.kohls.com/product/prd-3632737/as-seen-on-tv-power-airfryer-oven.jsp?prdPV=4&userPFM=power%20air%20fryer%20oven&diestoreid=1136&selectShip=true

Edited by Gator Pam
  • Like 2

I’m still looking for a good deal on an air fryer that can handle food for 5.

I got the Gourmia 6 qt from Best Buy on Black Friday. It's $100 right now, but wait for a sale. I got it for $65 on BF and they always have their Deals of the Day so keep checking that for a cheaper price.

I got the Gourmia 6 qt from Best Buy on Black Friday. It's $100 right now, but wait for a sale. I got it for $65 on BF and they always have their Deals of the Day so keep checking that for a cheaper price.

That was the one we tried to get on BF. Went to two stores and tried online. Couldn’t get it. Then by the time they had it back in stock the sale was of course over.

I went to my local thrift store on Friday and was quite happy.  I found what appeared to be a clock radio, which I knew it was more than that.  It said it worked, and even though it didn't have the original cord it had a cord, so for 3 bucks it was worth a try.  After getting home, I hooked it up and sure enough it worked.  It's actually an internet radio.  I never heard of the brand, but it was a Grace Digital Mondo.  If I looked it up right it is selling for anywhere from 40-100 bucks on Ebay.  Now I'm tempted to sell it, but think I'll hold on to it.  It works pretty good and it picks up some good stations.  If I register it I can add url links on their website to add more stations.  Best part is even if I don't have want to use the internet stations, I can hook up a usb flash drive and listen to music that way.

Best 3 bucks I spent in a long time.

• Like 6

I went to my local thrift store on Friday and was quite happy. I found what appeared to be a clock radio, which I knew it was more than that. It said it worked, and even though it didn't have the original cord it had a cord, so for 3 bucks it was worth a try. After getting home, I hooked it up and sure enough it worked. It's actually an internet radio. I never heard of the brand, but it was a Grace Digital Mondo. If I looked it up right it is selling for anywhere from 40-100 bucks on Ebay. Now I'm tempted to sell it, but think I'll hold on to it. It works pretty good and it picks up some good stations. If I register it I can add url links on their website to add more stations. Best part is even if I don't have want to use the internet stations, I can hook up a usb flash drive and listen to music that way.

Best 3 bucks I spent in a long time.

Gotta love awesome thrift store deals. :)

Once picked up and 17” LCD monitor at one. Paid like &20 bucks didn’t have a power cord. Old cable from my box-o-cables and I was good to go.

• Like 2

Checking in for March...

Len_mullen you had no way of knowing this but my sister was killed 1/1/19 by a drunk driver. No perspective needed but I am keeping the faith. Thx

So sorry to hear about your sister.  Will keep you in my prayers. 

Is it a single layer machine, Rose? What I like about the air fryer oven is that I can do three racks of food at a time.

That sounds big! I bought my DD an air frier over a year ago and I don't think she's cooked anything in it.  Maybe I should borrow it and try it out.

• Like 1

Checking in for March...

Len_mullen you had no way of knowing this but my sister was killed 1/1/19 by a drunk driver. No perspective needed but I am keeping the faith. Thx

TyreeJames, I cannot imagine going through that.  I am so sincerely sorry.

• Like 1

That sounds big! I bought my DD an air frier over a year ago and I don't think she's cooked anything in it.  Maybe I should borrow it and try it out.

It's only a 6-quart, but has no basket. There are slots on the side to slide in the racks. It also functions as a dehydrator, and a rotisserie. However, the biggest chicken it can handle on the rotisserie is 4 lbs. I was hoping to replace my Showtime with it, but I tend to like to do 7 lb. birds.

Power Air Fryer does have a Power Air Fryer Elite, which I believe comes with both racks and a basket. But that is not what I got.

I honestly can’t remember if I checked in for March yet. I received a call on the 27th that my mom had a mini stroke and that my dad wasn’t expected to live much longer. I found a flight home for the next day. My dad passed away on the 2nd. Luckily my mom is doing as well as can be expected. She still has some numbness and tingling in her right hand.