GottaDEAL 2019 Black Friday Prize Club Posting Thread

Brad

When they are on sale <s>

I paid $60 for a Canon PIXMA MX922 (on sale at Staples) many years ago.  Now they run around $150-$200.  Might be worth the price too as inexpensive ink is widely available and the features and print quality are outstanding.  Favorite features?

• Cheap Ink
  • Automatic duplexing (two sided prints)
  • Automated Document Handler which supports two sided scans
  • Borderless pictures
  • Waterproof black for text (so you can highlight without smudging!)

Probably not what you are looking for, but worthy of consideration, IMHO.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Checking in for February.  Finally a day where it's not raining in Raleigh, NC!  We can't handle much more rain down here and now we're in El Nino, so we expect more.  Our inground pool is supposed to go in next week, but who knows with how wet our yard is.  So ready for a dry, hot summer!

When they are on sale <s>

I paid $60 for a Canon PIXMA MX922 (on sale at Staples) many years ago.  Now they run around $150-$200.  Might be worth the price too as inexpensive ink is widely available and the features and print quality are outstanding.  Favorite features?

• Cheap Ink
  • Automatic duplexing (two sided prints)
  • Automated Document Handler which supports two sided scans
  • Borderless pictures
  • Waterproof black for text (so you can highlight without smudging!)

Probably not what you are looking for, but worthy of consideration, IMHO.

Good luck!

I'll check that out.  I like the idea of two sided scans, but it does seem to be a bit more than I want to pay. Thanks for the suggestion!

Just curious, does anyone know when the best time to buy an all in one printer?  Really I just want a scanner as mine is about 8 years old and would like an upgrade, but depending on the price I might as well get an all in one.  I know there are some for 30-40 bucks on Walmart and other sites, but wondering if there is a good time to possibly get some on clearance.

We got a new one on BF

Wow, one more day of February.

Who else is ready for Spring? [emoji1384]‍♀️

I am ready for either snow or sun .. So sick of rain!!!

Wow, one more day of February.

Who else is ready for Spring? [emoji1384]‍♀️

I'm sitting here watching the snow fall through my bedroom window.  I just took the dog out.  Hints of dawn peeking over the tree tops.  There is about four inches of ice in my yard with another four inches of fresh snow on top.  Everything is beautiful.  I think I will just take a moment to enjoy the waning winter.  Enough of that.  Time for my first nap of the day  :gdangel:

• Like 1

Wow! Is that who we all were discussing that was missing from the boards in Nov.? Regardless that is so sad, my heart goes out to the family. I had a friend who rearended a semi when he was in his early twenties.  Seeing that story reminded me of him. 

So one of my best friends has a Valentine’s Day birthday. Since he lives a solid 4.5-5 hrs drive away from me, I send him a box with his gifts every year, which always includes a batch of his fave lemon cookies. This year, he actually had the day off so he was home when his box came. He had cookies for lunch. lol [emoji38][emoji106]

In other news, I have hit the 115 lb weight loss mark as of this morning. So geeked. Here’s my latest side-by-sides from Friday.

5e2d84848a8b10589d553a43e88a5b26.jpg329316755562cf32314684695598de2b.jpg

YOU ARE DOING AWESOME!!!!! Go girl, Go girl!!! lol

Just curious, does anyone know when the best time to buy an all in one printer?  Really I just want a scanner as mine is about 8 years old and would like an upgrade, but depending on the price I might as well get an all in one.  I know there are some for 30-40 bucks on Walmart and other sites, but wondering if there is a good time to possibly get some on clearance.

For some reason the last three cheap ones I've picked up for family have been at best buy. I'd have to stop and think what months but all were under $50 and really good. 

Edited by Kash

Ten months, ten topics...

1. Feb: CES 2019 should give us some ideas about what Black Friday 2019 will be all about.  A review of what they hope we'll buy.
  2. March: Best Air Fryer recipes/uses.  Going to try a blooming onion tomorrow.  Jury is still out on this counter top wonder.
  3. Apr: In 1999, I took a job in a group called Architecture Technology Organization (aka ATO).  These were all the geeks and those who managed them.  On my first day on the job, I learned about X10.  Within a couple weeks, I was living in a smart home.  Not a lot of X10 in my house these days, but the house is even smarter thanks to Alexa.  Some thoughts on getting started with automation.
  4. May: In May of 2010 I fired Comcast.  A lot has changed over nine years.  This is how I would cut the cord in 2019...
  5. Jun: Cash back for dummies.  Best credit cards and loyalty programs for people who do not want miles.
  6. Jul: Prime Day Primer.
  7. Aug: Drying food on purpose.
  8. Sep: Televisions.
  9. Oct: Laptops.
  10. Nov: Time to talk about Black Friday 2019!

Checking for March with an invitation to my fellow air fryer enthusiasts to reply to this post with recipes, links to recipes, and reviews of fryers (loved or hated).

It's been three months since I purchased a Cook's Essentials 5.3qt Digital Air Fryer from QVC (thanks Bopeep).  We use it a lot, but mostly because it is easy to clean.  I am still not sure if this thing will keep its place on our counter.  That said, there are some things which cook very nicely in the Air Fryer...

1. Parmesan Crusted Chicken Cordon Bleu: This is my favorite Air Fryer recipe -- mostly because I could never pull off CCB before the air fryer.  My son prefers I not slather in mustard.
  2. Air Fryer Fried Chicken Legs - Wendy Polisi: Crispy chicken, golden on the outside, and cooked right through has also been a challenge for me...until now.
  3. Rotisserie Style Whole Chicken Air Fryer Method: My youngest loves rotisserie chicken.  We had a Ronco Rotisserie Oven (set it and forget it).  I tossed that when I purchased a toaster oven which did the same thing plus other stuff.  The Air Fryer is easier to use and clean.
  4. Chicken Breast:  Or chicken fingers or wings.  These things cook the crap out of chicken.  Crispy on the outside and juicy inside.  And so quick!
  5. Air Fryer Roast Beef: Very juicy.  Sliced thick for dinner and thin for sandwiches.

Some things have not been great for me...

1. French Fries (frozen or fresh):  I cut the fries thin and toweled them dry, but these are not as good as deep fried.
  2. Onion Rings/Blooming Onion:  I cannot make a worthwhile Blooming Onion, but I make great onion rings...except in the air fryer.
  3. Fish:  I'm working on this.
  4. Fried clam strips, shrimp, scallops:  The stuff that comes coated and frozen.  

Happy March!

• Like 1

Happy March!  The wacky weather continues down South, just like everywhere.....Warm enough Wednesday to do some outdoor work, cold yesterday and today, and we are expecting some of the coldest weather of the season next week.....smh.  Mother Nature, get a grip!  I can only hope that the lack of winter storms here means we won't have any deadly tornado outbreaks this season.  Wishful thinking I'm sure

And this month also means March Madness, one of my favorite things of the year.  I rarely watch any regular season college basketball games but boy do I love Tournament games!  

March in Georgia... it's when we tend to have our best snow storms! Next week will be cold again, but not sure we're in for snow.

We've used the air fryer twice. Frozen fries.. meh. Will need more practice, but not sure I'll give up the deep fryer for those.

Frozen popcorn shrimp... it wasnt bad.

I want to try the brussel sprouts recipe that came with it.

I do love how easy it is to clean though.

March is definitely coming in like a lion around here. Ice expected Saturday and snow Sunday, then the lowest temps we've seen yet this winter on Monday morning. I try not to complain too much though, because we generally get winter a couple days at a time, then nice weather in between :).

Air fryer -  It's good for what it's good for, but some things just need a hot pot of shortening! Now, I make some "fried" potatoes and onions in the AF that always turn out wonderfully.  If I want fried chicken breasts (and "crunchies"), shortening it is. "Fried" chicken legs - I use the AF.  I will say this: Some people (my sister) put frozen french fries in the oven. That's just gross. If you aren't going to fry them, the AF is at least better than the oven  :sidesplit .

• Like 3