Square Trade warranties - thoughts?

Fishboysmom

I purchased an expensive drawing monitor on Amazon for dd last night and added the 4-year Square Trade for another $9.

Was just wondering what you thought of it if you ever had to use it?

I don't know about the item itself, but I know people who've bought Square Trade insurance and there's never been a complaint. Always got the item replaced in a quick amount of time.

• Like 1

I don't know about the item itself, but I know people who've bought Square Trade insurance and there's never been a complaint. Always got the item replaced in a quick amount of time.

never had an issue with it, they replace it quickly or send you a check for the purchase price

Thanks. Now I feel better.

I have had nothing but issues with Squaretrade in the last month. I had it for an Iphone. Their policies are that they won't assign a technician to handle your claim for 48 hours and they only work Monday - Friday. This meant it ended up taking a week each time before they sent a replacement phone out. They also sent me 3 consecutive replacement phones that had terminal hardware issues. They may not be bad for other electronics especially if it isn't in dire need of being replaced or fixed quickly.

I had a squaretrade warranty on a used MacBook Pro I had bought. About 6-8 months later the video card died. I contacted them, they did some diag with me. Then had me send them the machine and gave me the purchase price of the machine back. Was a great experience for me.