Stocking Stuffers

bluebear

Now that I have the basics and big gifts out of the way, it's time to start thinking about stocking stuffers. My daughter was always easy, but she's not home anymore (I usually just put her stuff in a gift bag now). But boys are always hard for me, especially as they get older. So let's discuss stocking stuffer ideas. I also always like to hear the different traditions people have!

One thing I try to do is to put accessories for their big gift in the stocking. Like small tools, rulers, and paints for the model building/table top gamer. Or turntable accessories when the other got one last year.

Also, always gift cards, gaming memberships, and digital money. Those don't take up very much room though.

I thought about getting the $25 smart watch from Penney's to see if they would like to have one, but I talked myself out of it. I've also done wallets, think I maybe even did that last year.

When they were little, I'd do things like fun toothbrushes, socks, hats, gloves...

For girls, health and beauty things are usually a hit. Jewelry, socks, wallets/coin purses, key chains, socks...

Oh and of course candy, and I try to do one food treat.

What are some things you do?

I love putting lotto scratch-offs in the adults stockings; it’s my trademark Stocking Stuffer lol. Stamps are also a great idea for adult stockings. Hand creams, lip balms, hand sanitizers are great. I like the toothbrush idea.

WaWa giftcards are good bc they’re very useful even in low dominations. Softie socks or fleece gloves are great SS as well.

• Like 3

I do different things each year - this year I lucked out on a trip to our local Dollar Tree when they had just put out a shipment of $1 DVDs and Blu-rays - and some of them are full seasons of some great shows, as well as classics and holiday movies - I got at least 26 to spread out in the 13+ stockings I have to stuff - so everyone is getting 1 or more DVD in their stockings. ;)  I also stocked up on snack foods for hubby and son while I was there - they love anything FOOD related - must be a guy thing! ;) I pick up little add-ons on Amazon all through the year and put them away for stocking stuffing - the grand-kids are getting these little balls filled with slime that they will go wild over (Just as long as they DO NOT open the slime at MY HOUSE!) ;)  If I catch an under $10 video game for one of their systems - that usually goes in their stocking. My mom (78) could have a total CHOCOLATE stocking and be happy! I, too buy Halloween candy at 75% off after Halloween to use in stockings (I just make sure that only the outside bag is Halloween themed and not the candy itself). I LOVE doing lottery tickets - but since we don't have them in this state - I have to drive to Florida - and that is a PAIN! (I did have a kid win $50 on a $1 scratcher one year, though - that was FUN!) :) Old Navy $1 flip-flops, socks, nail-polish, manicure items, lip-balm, etc. are always loved add-ons.

I LOVE stuffing stockings - no-one ever knows what they might pull out! ;)

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

i always go with the traditional stuff and add more. a fruit a granola bar and candy.(they eat as they open, a pair of socks, a deodorant, gum, a new ornament each. a gadget ,then.... we have a LOT(over 125 under there) of presents under the tree to put out. so when placing them i grab some small wrapped presents (making sure they are not the BIG $ item and slide in 3 in each. and often an item that seems fitting to everyone and we have six of them.... like head phones, car charger, brain teasers, car air fresheners, ect

For DH I do packages of jerky, different flavors and brands; blocks of specialty smoked cheeses that you can find in deli area of groc store - don't need refrigeration; canned cheese (lol - I know, I know, but he loves it and we never buy it); Summer Sausage; Little bottles of hot sauce are good too for someone who likes spicy foods.

For DS I get lots of little fun things - Grow Capsules from the Target One Spot, Magic Washcloths from the same, this year I got him a set of colored ink pens, Pokemon cards, a small transformer toy, etc. and so on...

For women I'll get lip balms/chapsticks, face masks, lotions, manicure sets, small candles, beauty samples I collect all year as I order my makeup from Sephora, etc., cute mini notebooks, makeup remover wipes, room sprays...

For tween girls I might get anything on the previous list as well as stud earring sets, fun night lights, glitter tattoos, funky jumbo paperclips, etc.