Help hanging garland

jgm8

I really love hanging fresh garland every year. Every year, we run into issues with it being so heavy that it won’t stay. I have tried many, many, many versions of hooks, nothing seems to work. I really don’t want to put nails in the walls... any suggestions?

Thanks!

Use a tension rod - like for a shower curtain - in between the casings of a window or doorway to support garland at the top and that will take most of the weight so you can then let the rest of the garland fall down the sides of the window/door and if it dangles too loosely - use a few command hooks to anchor it as needed.

If putting a heavy garland arrangement on a mantel, I've seen folks cut a rough wooden board that will fit on top of the mantle (I would cut a piece of scrap cloth or felt to fit underneath the board too so you don't scratch the mantle).  Then they can use any nails they need to to have the right amount of anchors for their garland/greenery arrangements.  This would be for a super deluxe garland type scenario - one spilling down the sides etc.  Usually mantles aren't the issue :)

Other than command hooks I can't think of anything other than maybe tacks?

• Like 2

Use a tension rod - like for a shower curtain - in between the casings of a window or doorway to support garland at the top and that will take most of the weight so you can then let the rest of the garland fall down the sides of the window/door and if it dangles too loosely - use a few command hooks to anchor it as needed.

If putting a heavy garland arrangement on a mantel, I've seen folks cut a rough wooden board that will fit on top of the mantle (I would cut a piece of scrap cloth or felt to fit underneath the board too so you don't scratch the mantle).  Then they can use any nails they need to to have the right amount of anchors for their garland/greenery arrangements.  This would be for a super deluxe garland type scenario - one spilling down the sides etc.  Usually mantles aren't the issue :)

Other than command hooks I can't think of anything other than maybe tacks?

Good suggestions