Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Buy online with store pickup

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mommy2twingles  OFFLINE  

mommy2twingles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 8, 2018 - 6:20 am

For those who have done this in prior years have you had any issues with order cancellation? If I order as soon as the sales post online how soon after the B&M store opens was your order ready? Specifically looking at either Best Buy, Target, or Wal-Mart.

#2 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2018 - 6:58 am

I did Target I think two years ago. It was already ready for pickup when we were walking in the door at about 6:30 am. I ordered it probably during the day on Thanksgiving day. I don't remember when I got the notification it was ready though. Seems like it was pretty fast .

#3 Bopeep  OFFLINE  

Bopeep

• 1,283 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2018 - 7:51 am

I have ordered online for in store pickup from WM and Target, and never had trouble.  I have read that some people are not so lucky, however.

#4 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,288 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 8, 2018 - 8:15 am

Not had much trouble at all  because they will send you a confirmation that the order is ready before you get there. 

#5 MsKate  OFFLINE  

MsKate

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2018 - 9:07 am

I did it for Kohl's last year, but not for a doorbuster item.  It was really nice to just waltz into the store, pick up my purchase, and leave while everyone else was still in the long checkout line.

#6 mommy2twingles  OFFLINE  

mommy2twingles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 8, 2018 - 9:52 am

My son is buying his own PS4 but we leave on vacation Friday. I was hoping to order and pick up Thursday night.

#7 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,288 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 8, 2018 - 12:28 pm

My son is buying his own PS4 but we leave on vacation Friday. I was hoping to order and pick up Thursday night.

You should be able to. Last year I ordered the night before Thanksgiving or like 12:05 and I had it around noon. 

#8 mommy2twingles  OFFLINE  

mommy2twingles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 8, 2018 - 3:39 pm

You should be able to. Last year I ordered the night before Thanksgiving or like 12:05 and I had it around noon. 

What store did you do this with?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users