Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

PetSmart Black Friday Ad Posted

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Brad  OFFLINE  

Brad

Administrator

• 21,302 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 6, 2018 - 6:12 am

Scans: https://blackfriday....yScans/PetSmart

PDF: https://s3.amazonaws...mart-BF2018.pdf

#2 bluebear  OFFLINE  

bluebear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 6, 2018 - 6:20 am

Thanks! A few changes from years past though.

Tidy cats is $9.99. Higher than before, and higher then Petco I think. Hmmm...
Milk bones are usually 50% off. This year they are $7.99.
And, I don't see the toys.

I'll still go for treats and maybe dog food, and for puppy pads (old cat). And surely the toys will be on sale?

#3 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 6, 2018 - 6:56 am

Yeah. That's a bum deal on Tidy Cats. Weak ad from PetSmart this year. Unfortunate. 

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#4 sas377  OFFLINE  

sas377

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 6, 2018 - 7:24 am

And no cat trees on sale.  PetSmart has been going downhill for a few years now with their ads.  :(

#5 riven3d  OFFLINE  

riven3d

• 2,435 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 6, 2018 - 8:53 am

Thanks! A few changes from years past though.

Tidy cats is $9.99. Higher than before, and higher then Petco I think. Hmmm...
Milk bones are usually 50% off. This year they are $7.99.
And, I don't see the toys.

I'll still go for treats and maybe dog food, and for puppy pads (old cat). And surely the toys will be on sale?

also note that its all Tidy Cat Buckets not just one kind like in years past

#6 sas377  OFFLINE  

sas377

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 6, 2018 - 9:14 am

also note that its all Tidy Cat Buckets not just one kind like in years past

In my experience, it's always been all the different 35 lb buckets.  One year the lightweight was included that I remember.

#7 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 6, 2018 - 9:18 am

In my experience, it's always been all the different 35 lb buckets.  One year the lightweight was included that I remember.

Exactly. I think they got burned that year, so now they specifically say 35-lb pails. Bummer.

For those curious: Kitty in my pic is current furbaby, Mew, curled up in a box far too small for her. Ha! "If I fits, I sleeps!"

NASCAR fan (particularly JGR pit crews - many friends there), diehard UM Wolverine fan, animal lover, car girl, cookie baker, singer, bargain hunter. Yep. That about covers it. lol :cool:

#8 jesusluvu  OFFLINE  

jesusluvu

• 1,310 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 6, 2018 - 9:22 am

My DW has a pet Rabbit for her class and was hoping to get it a few things for Christmas this year. Not sure what they will have for a Rabbit but I will be going in there

#9 cjdav  OFFLINE  

cjdav

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 6, 2018 - 11:26 am

Very disappointing.  Since the first page does not indicate the time the store opens or any other usual info, I am wondering if this is the full ad.  Sure hope not!

#10 riven3d  OFFLINE  

riven3d

• 2,435 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 6, 2018 - 11:42 am

Very disappointing.  Since the first page does not indicate the time the store opens or any other usual info, I am wondering if this is the full ad.  Sure hope not!

its only a preview

#11 ljvoskuil  OFFLINE  

ljvoskuil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 7, 2018 - 5:12 am

Last year I ordered online on Black Friday and that was a mess. Half the stuff I ordered was not there for me when I went to pick it up. The manager I talked with said their system crashed the morning of Black Friday. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ Hopefully this year goes better.

#12 ObiRich  OFFLINE  

ObiRich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 7, 2018 - 7:39 am

Last year I ordered online on Black Friday and that was a mess. Half the stuff I ordered was not there for me when I went to pick it up. The manager I talked with said their system crashed the morning of Black Friday. ‍♀ Hopefully this year goes better.

Same experience here.  The manager was very accommodating though.  Even though he couldn't access my online order, he filled my 16 buckets of Tidy Cat from store stock, and then when I got home, called and cancelled the online order.

#13 Kash  OFFLINE  

Kash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Nov 7, 2018 - 9:55 am

I didn't see it in the ad, but our local store has cute stuffed animals that you can purchase for $5 and keep or donate for children in the hospital. 

#14 wittenlover  OFFLINE  

wittenlover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 7, 2018 - 10:00 am

I didn't see it in the ad, but our local store has cute stuffed animals that you can purchase for $5 and keep or donate for children in the hospital. 

Yep. Chance and Lucky and their friends. I've already donated a few this season. Lost count of how many I donated last year. Great cause, easy $5 add on. :)

#15 jewleyp  OFFLINE  

jewleyp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 7, 2018 - 5:25 pm

Spotted and made the same comments as Bluebear But then I read it’s a preview !!! This is actually the only store I love going into. Everyone is so nice and helpful (customers not staff) just like the olden days of BF shopping when we all sat around and talked during the hours of waiting !

Edited by jewleyp, Nov 7, 2018 - 5:26 pm.

#16 elena_398  OFFLINE  

elena_398

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,714 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 7, 2018 - 10:02 pm

New cat owner so I will be getting the Tidy Cats litter. I have 8 coupons for $1/1 any size Tidy cats. So $8.99 is cheap for me

#17 Illinoismom  OFFLINE  

Illinoismom

sometimes you have to let go

• 15,762 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 8, 2018 - 4:32 am

could be this isnt the whole ad no door busters the tidy cat was always a 7-12 ad

#18 jewleyp  OFFLINE  

jewleyp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 17, 2018 - 4:58 pm

Has anyone seen anything different ? This is soo weird! My dog will be sad now for Christmas ! lol

#19 bribri25  OFFLINE  

bribri25

• 1,733 Posts
  • Member since 2009

Posted Yesterday, 9:36 am

Crosspost from Petsmart ad is disappointing.

2 pails for $19.52 ($9.76 each) at Target right now online with store pickup (Buy One, Get One 15% off @ $13.69 each) & Red Card. 

Disclaimer: If you do this, you'll miss out waiting in the PetSmart checkout line for 60+ minutes (if you've never been on BF, I'm really not exaggerating) ...so if that's your tradition, go ahead and stick to it.

VEHbY1F.png

#20 elena_398  OFFLINE  

elena_398

• 11,714 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Yesterday, 9:55 pm

If anyone has a Pet Supplies Plus around them. They are having the 35 lb pails of Tidy Cats for $8.99 each.   Im heading there instead of Petsmart

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users