1 x Video - TV-Out (S-Video)

3 x USB 2.0

1 x RJ-11 Modem

1 x RJ-45 Ethernet LAN

1 x Audio - External Microphone Input

1 x Audio - Headphone Output

Guest DigDoug

Buy the Toshiba so you can get in on the class action lawsuit too! :P

Seriously, I'd stay far far far far away from their cheap laptops.

Guest DigDoug

:gdconsoling1:

LOL - Thanks! I just cringe when I see a $500 laptop from Toshiba now. Their customer support has done nothing to help.

3 motherboards in less than a year is a lemon. I treat my electronics with care, so it's not anything I did. Now my laptop needs its 4th motherboard.

If this was a car.....

That is too bad that you've had a bad experience with Toshiba. :(

I can't speak on the very latest models but I bought a p4 toshiba notebook 2 years ago and have had no issues with it what so ever. Back when I bought mine, Toshiba was one of the leaders in laptops.

I have noticed that there prices have been lowering on newer models so perhaps they are using cheap parts to bring down costs. That is a real shame. Did you have an extended warranty from the place of purchase?

In a lot of cases it doesn't seem worth it to buy a $300 warranty on a $500 computer but I have found that extended warranties at an electronics store are some times easier to get service and repairs handled then having to go through the manufacturer.

LOL - Thanks! I just cringe when I see a $500 laptop from Toshiba now. Their customer support has done nothing to help.

3 motherboards in less than a year is a lemon. I treat my electronics with care, so it's not anything I did. Now my laptop needs its 4th motherboard.

If this was a car.....

Guest DigDoug

That is too bad that you've had a bad experience with Toshiba. :(

I can't speak on the very latest models but I bought a p4 toshiba notebook 2 years ago and have had no issues with it what so ever. Back when I bought mine, Toshiba was one of the leaders in laptops.

I have noticed that there prices have been lowering on newer models so perhaps they are using cheap parts to bring down costs. That is a real shame. Did you have an extended warranty from the place of purchase?

In a lot of cases it doesn't seem worth it to buy a $300 warranty on a $500 computer but I have found that extended warranties at an electronics store are some times easier to get service and repairs handled then having to go through the manufacturer.

No, I didn't puchase the extended warranty. I called the VP of customer relations today. If anyone would like his number, PM me. He is currently out of the country.

I did speak to another member of the customer relations staff and she told me that while this class action lawsuit is being handled, I can have my laptop fixed for the reason stated in the lawsuit regardless of whether it is under warranty or not.

4 motherboards going in a little over a year is not acceptable for electronics. I don't care if I had a 10 year warranty on the laptop. I would not want to return it to Toshiba to replace the motherboard every 4 months. I'm fortunate that there are enough people experiencing this problem to warrent a Class Action Lawsuit.

Are you sure? According to the Consumer Reports, Toshiba is rated second best for laptop computer reliablility, better than Dell, HP, Compaq, and Gateway.

I'll back Keith up by saying that I also own a laptop that's included in the lawsuit. It's a POS.

Buy one, you can swear at it with us. :eek: Read this thread: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=20398