Up to 66 GE lightbulbs FAR per household @ HomeDeopt B&M

Mike

B&M meaning not online thus the "offline" hot deal.

Credit to SD

Home Depot has GE Soft White Double Life 10-pack light bulbs for $2.50 per package.

The Home Depot rebate is for $2.50 per 10-pack. The rebates are attached to the racks holding the bulbs near the light fixture department.

A single rebate can be submitted for up to three 10-packs, or $7.50 per household or address.

As many as (30) 60w and/or 100w bulbs FAR

Valid UPC numbers 0-43168-80942-9 and 0-43168-80943-6

Home Depot also has GE Crystal Clear Decorative 12-pack light bulbs for $2.50per package. Either small or medium base sizes.

A single rebate can be submitted for up to three 12-packs, or $7.50

As many as (36) 40w bulbs FAR

Valid UPC numbers 0-43168-81031-9 and 0-43168-81032-6

Rebates expire August 31, 2006

Be sure to get the original rebate form at Home Depot. Apparently they will reject rebates submitted on photocopied forms or the copies that are being scanned and posted on other deal sites. Originals only ! That's the scuttlebutt anyway.

Thanks for the post C.A. :D

Anyone have an extra one of the

The Home Depot rebate is for $2.50 per 10-pack. The rebates are attached to the racks holding the bulbs near the light fixture department.

A single rebate can be submitted for up to three 10-packs, or $7.50 per household or address.

My Home Depot has the 10 pack BUT not the rebate forms. No one knowns about it.

Anyone have an extra one of the

My Home Depot has the 10 pack BUT not the rebate forms. No one knowns about it.

Same story here in Tampa area. None of the Home Depots have the rebate forms and their district office says they don't know about any rebate either. Nothing on their web site and nothing that their customer service desk folks could find on their systems. Hmmm ... but they do have a pallet full of the 60W 10 pack of bulbs. Actually a pretty decent deal at $2.50 even without the rebate.

UPDATE 4/19 : Stopped in to HD for some ant killer gel and cruised by the lightbulb display ... the rebate forms were there tonite. And, they got in the bent tip decorator bulb 10 packs as well. So, if your HD didn't have the forms or the bulbs before, they may have them now or very soon.

The rebate exists, ive seen scans of it. As stated already, you need an original to mail in though.

If anyone finds the rebate at their local HD, im sure some GDers would be very appreciative if you picked up some extras.

Mine don't have the rebate for the 10 pack BUT I did find:

Buy GE white double life 4pk 1.92 (max. 3) for total rebate of 5.76

(Aug.31,2006)

Philips lights products 10.00 (May 27, 2006)

Uniden 10.00 (April 30, 2006) limit 2 per household

So I got:

3 GE 4pk 75wt: 5.76

2 Philips 6pk vanity: 10.00

2 Uniden 2 way: 29.98

after REBATES I spent 9.98

Hate to sound dumb, but..What are CFs?

compact fluorescents

http://www.alphasolar.com/alpha_solar048012.jpg

http://www.skyaid.org/rv/images2/RVLight.jpg

"ENERGY STAR qualified CFLs use 66% less energy than a standard incandescent bulb and last up to 10 times longer. Replacing a 100-watt incandescent with a 32-watt CFL can save you at least $30 in energy costs over the life of the bulb."

http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=cfls.pr_cfls

CF's (compact fluorescents) bulbs have improved greatly over the years. They are far from perfect, however. They don't work well in the cold -- they won't start up. They don't always work well in a horizontal position -- they overheat badly. I have had 2 of them catch on fire, mounted vertically, in well ventilated light sockets. Another one literally melted the light fixture due to some failure in the base of the CF bulb.

They are very energy efficient. The last a REALLY long time -- some of mine have been working for 3-4 years now.

They are also notorious noise generators --- noise in the radio frequency spectrum that just trashes local radio reception and sometimes messes up TV reception as well.

The color of the light on most of the CF's I've seen is not spectrally balanced. It seems to be a very blue light --- makes some other colors look very strange. I have now seen some advertised as cool white, daylight, etc.

About 1/2 of my lights are now using CF's but, due to the experience with them catching on fire, the other 1/2 of my fixtures will stay with old fashioned incandescent lightbulbs.

The color of the light on most of the CF's I've seen is not spectrally balanced. It seems to be a very blue light --- makes some other colors look very strange. I have now seen some advertised as cool white, daylight, etc.

Full-Spectrum CF bulbs: www.energydimensions.com

Do you think Home Depot is intentionally not having many of the rebate forms available?

Just a quick warning about these lights:

We had to take these out of our house because my dad keeps the heat so low that the lights take forever to turn on. In some sort of emergency, this would be a big problem. It has literally taken more than five minutes sometimes to turn on. Like everyone else says, they really are good on the electric budget and they are good for the earth. I am all for the environment, but these lights just don't work in bedrooms (kitchens, hallways that people aren't stumbling through in the middle of the night are fine).

I noticed that too, not actually 5 min., but not as quick as the reg light bulb. Not sure if it has anything to do with our heat though, I just think it's the bulb. We've had them for awhile now and will probably keep them just for the sake of saving on our electric bill. We've learned to adjust I guess.

Strange. I just got back from Home Depot. They had a bunch of GE rebate forms, but it wasn't for the same quantities. My Home Depot MIR form offers up to 3 free four packs of the GE Soft White Double Life Bulbs (40, 60, 75 or 100 watt). The price per package is $1.92 so the maximum rebate is $5.76.

BTW, they also offered a $10 MIR for various specialty Phillips Light Bulbs with a minumum $10 purchase of these bulbs. Includes about 16 SKUs.

Maybe these rebates are regional...